I regret...

Ignite my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I regret staying that day. I regret looking into your eyes for a second longer. If I had run away, I would've prevented the storm that was ahead.

*********************************************************************

Shin Hye didn't know if the thundering of her heart was fear. Looking at him through foggy eyes and trying to hold back all of the tears. His heart did beat. It was a strange rhythm which had taken over her also. 

Min Ho held onto her upper arms and pressed into her. His grip firm but the kiss gentle. He felt breathless but something took over him. He didn't know if it were the months in which he witnessed her with someone else. But he felt something new and good. He wanted to stop because it was so wrong but it felt so right. 

She tried to push him away. 

He held on. "Kiss me, just this once let's forget everything." He didn't want to sound cheesy at all. They were standing in the middle of pouring rain and he was sure that one of them was bound to get sick but it became addicting. He moved backwards until they were covered by some roof. The bus slowed to a stop and he managed to stop. 

She wondered what this meant for them. Now they were going home and there was still something around them, the aura, she didn't know if it was passion or lust but she couldn't hold onto anything. 

She tugged the sleeve of his sweater. Even though they were soaking wet and she could feel a headache form,  the biggest pain she felt was in her heart. How could she act all happy? Maybe he was a plague that she wasn't supposed to catch. She wiped her eyes before he turned. 

"What's wrong?" He asked her. Her eyes were puffy and her nose was red. 

"Do you like me? I mean, did that just happen?" She smiled weakly. "I'm being stupid again, right?" 

He felt horrible. It was so awkward and stiff. 

She wanted to cry even harder. "Why would you be like that?" She hit his chest. "Why do you do this to me?  I like you, no, I love you but you are always denying everything. And I can't handle it anymore. I can't be with such a jerk." 

"That's not it." He cradled her face. "I like you." Did that count?  Was he lying? But love, he didn't know about that. 

"You have a horrible way of showing it! You come to my job and defend me but at the same time, I don't know if I could believe that. You were so smitten by her. That couldn't dissipate quickly."

"Are you jealous right now?"

"Think about everything she told me. Always saying that she had what I would never get."

"It's because I didn't know you would be able to wrap me up like this."

"Why? I've done everything for you?  I saved your life, I've given you my time. And I've begged even though I've lied about it to myself. I mean I'm 26 already."

He kissed her again. This time more passionately. They were home already so it didn't matter. He pressed her against the wall. Maybe he was being selfish. 

She struggled because this wasn't the way she imagined things. Woo Bin as right, they were forcing themselves into something that happened to quickly. 

She bit down on his lip.

He winced and stepped back, surprised. 

She stormed to her room, running away like always. 

Min Ho approached her door, knocking gently he whispered, "Shin Hye, I'm sorry. Please open up and lets talk about it. I promise I won't force you into something that you won't want."

Shin Hye felt the sob escape and she hurried her face into her pillow. "Leave me alone" She managed to say. 

He ached for her. But at the same time he cursed at himself for thinking of her in that way. It did not happen before. 

Shin Hye brought her phone to her ear. "Please help me." 

*****

If it were possible to fly, Woo Bin would've done it. Nevertheless, he still reached Min Ho's house in record time. Knocking the door loudly, he tapped his foot on the ground. 

Min Ho furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you here at this time?" His voice was groggy due to the fact that he was sleeping. 

"I'm here to see Shin Hye because she called me and I'm worried."

Min Ho cursed inaudibly.

"Min Ho, listen. I'm your friend so take my advice.Whatever it is you feel for he, clarify it. I don't want her to hurt anymore. And if you want to be with her make sure you understand that you're going to enter war. And that her father is your strongest opponent."

I-I'm not sure, I mean I don't get what you're trying to get at but trust me when i figure it I'll let it be known. She's in her room." 

Woo Bin walked past him. "You're my close friend and we have our differences, it's my fault for encouraging you in the first place." 

"Please let me figure this out. She makes me feel weird and I like it and I hate it that I hurt her." 

"This was all a bet anyways, she's going to leave and go back home now that the chief is making sure things are out of danger. "

"It's not over, Shin Hye loves me and maybe I kinda like her too." 

"You just ended a relationship and things are going too fast, don't you think it's scary for her. She wants someone genuine but you dated her enemy, the person who constantly tries to ruin her. She could go to America and further her career but you are one of the reasons why she's still here. Don't you want her to make something more out of her life? We can't be sure that what you feel right now is real. You're heart broke, we get it. And she knows that too."

"What can I do to prove to you? She's not a prize, sure I joked about it but I know whoever stays with her is going to be really lucky."

Woo Bin sighed. He knocked on her door hesistantly. "Hey, it's me. You want to come sleep over at the house?!" 

Shin Hye unlocked the door quickly pulling Woo Bin into the room. "It's going to be okay." That was the last thing Min Ho heard before she shut the door to the room. 

Min Ho hated his heart for betraying his character. He had been so stuck with trying to rid her from his life. It only seemed like he was trying to glue her to his side and he couldn't blame anyone.  She had given up at some point or that's what it felt like. 

******

Shin Hye didn't know who to call. She needed a way to get in touch with someone who would get her mother. If only she could sneak out from public eye. She had one plan so far and it was to leave while his father went to New York for a convention. She had time to go see her mother only if she wasn't spied on.  

She grabbed her car keys, forget work for once. It's now or never. She peered at her sideways mirror.  She could call Min Ho because he knew but he was back at work. Same goes for Woo Bin. Seo Joon was the last choice but they weren't talking so it made no sense.  Guess it was her journey to take, and this time she wasn't going to let anyone stop her.  

The long drive didn't do anything to relax the tense muscles in her body, however, it gave her time.

She knocked on the door fiercely. 

"How can I help you?"

She was greeted by a woman in long dark robes and tucked back hair. 

"I'm looking for my mother."

The woman smirked.  "Park Shin Hye? I knew you'd come. Your dad couldn't keep you away from his dark past and dumb secrets. He isn't as smart as I thought." 

"You know who I am? I'll give you everything but I need info on my mom."

"Well,  let me show you around." She opened the door wide enough for her to enter. As she closed it, she looked around cautiously. "My name is Jang Su. I was the caretaker for your household even before you were born. Your father and I were in an affair. It was no secret to you mom. Everybody loved your mom, she was the golden girl. She smiled prettily and made sure to keep up and image. She was the prize but once your father had achieved that, he got bored.  I was one of your father's affairs. I wasn't serious, even though every girl who came across his path wanted to be. " She offered Shin Hye some tea, but she declined.

This was the story she searched for.  The background to the failed relationship.

"While I was with your father, I got pregnant. If you were wondering, yes I had the child. However, I will not tell you who she is. I know you're here for your mother. I was kicked out of the house but I still threatened your father and got money. One day he called me up. I was surprised because I thought he would want to be with his child.  He wanted me to hide his mistress and I wondered if he would stop loving her. In all honesty, she was the only one who your father loved. He neglected all the rest, even his own wife. And I accepted because I was jealous of her attention. But when I came face to face with her, I realized she wasn't healthy anymore. I took care of her and then your brother showed up. Before I knew it then both disappeared. But you.." She grab a hold of her face. "You are a treasure and my daughter next to you, only shines dimly.  You are pretty and smart, hardworking and talented.  You have money backing you up. She never had such luxuries."

Shin Hye could believe it, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter