Feelings

Ignite my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwang Sun Hee held onto Min Ho's hand as they entered his friend's house. Min Ho felt like he was in a bliss. Her hand was warm and she smelled sweet. Woo Bin told him that they should all have a conversation. He could introduce his girl to the rest of them. They sat in the empty space and all eyes were on them. He looked around but saw no sight of Shin Hye.

Sun Hee greeted before she sat down. She did not want to be in the same crowd as Shin Hye, but if these were Min Ho's friends, she has to give the best impression.

Il Woo turned to Woo Bin with a glare. "Why are they here?"

"Il Woo-ah" Min Ho said. "We're right here you know. I'm your friend. Are you going to kick me out?"

Il Woo scoffed. "Friend? Would friends keep things from each other?"

The others sat in silence there was too much tension in the room.

"I promise I won't do it again. I think you're not mad because of that. I think its because of Shin Hye."

"That's right. I am mad at you for that."

"I don't want to talk about it when she's here."

"I won't be talking about it even if she wasn't here."

"Let's just sit down and get it over with. Things already happened there's no point in getting mad at each other." Woo Bin told them, trying to settle the problem. He doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Everytime he does, he has the urge to punch Min Ho in the face. Also they have been bestfriends forever, they shouldn't let things like this get in the way of their friendship.

Go Ara spoke up. They were done with Min Ho but she was not done. "Min Ho oppa I don't want to come off as rude, but why do you insist on Shin Hye living with you?"

"What?! Min Ho, how come you haven't told me yet?" Sun Hee widened her eyes. She had no idea that they were going to live under the same roof.

Ara shot them all an 'I told you he was playing' expression.

He adverted his gaze from Sun Hee. "I was going to tell you. It's not even a big deal. I didn't insist on it, she came willingly. The night she had dinner with Woo Bin she came to my house. We talked and she agreed."

"That's not what she told me." Ji Won mumbled. Shin Hye was like an older sister and when he claimed that it was no big deal she felt insulted, not for her but for Shin Hye. Also the fact that he would pretend that Shin Hhye came bacause she would want to, it annoye her. Knowing Shin Hye, she resisted if she knows he has a girlfriend.

"She's lying to you then. Why would I make her live with me, when I have no interest for her." Min Ho defended himself. "We should stop talking about her, its giving me a headache. What should we do now?"

"We weren't intending for people to crash our sleep over. We were going to drink and watch scary movies. The girls would talk about what they want and us guys would talk about what we want." Il Woo responded. But that couldn't happen now. None of the girls there liked Sun Hee. Everybody wasn't in the mood.

"We should talk about Park Seo Joon?" Woo Bin said.

"Why him?" Min Ho who was now feeling better, now felt annoyed. Why did Shin Hye even spend time wih him? He was just a rich guy with abilities. But, he knows he can cook too so Seo Joon doesn't have any super power.

"I just think the guys should know about him. You know in case we invite him over in the future."

"Are you talking about the Seo Joon from the newspaper company? The heir of TLS." Sun Hee caught on the conversation, she had seen him at the hospital.

"The one and only."

"How do you know him?" The girls asked.

"Shin Hye's friend. He seems to like her. He cares a lot about her too. Shin Hye doesn't seem to hate him either."

Min Ho slammed his fist on the table. "I thought we weren't going to talk about Shin Hye." He felt uncomfortable that a guy would be that interested in Shin Hye. It made his heart uneasy.

"Then you say someth...." Woo Bin was cut off when Shin Hye came stumbling through the hallway. "Yah, what are you doing?"

Shin Hye squinted her eyes in order to avoid the pain in her head. Its not fair that the minute she lays her head down, they think she's wasted. She wants more achohol. That was kind of a bad thing, once she sips some its hard to stop. She wasn't a drinker but she just had a lot of problems and maybe drinking could make her forget them. She finally sat down with the help of Woo Bin. She peered at the faces at the table and she did a double take when she saw Min Ho. What surprised her the most it was that Sun Hee was sitting next to him. She shook her head, she must be imagining things now. She looked in his direction once again and realized that he was really there. She closed her eyes and faced the ceiling. She grasped for another can of beer and chugged it down. After a while she spoke,"Sun Hee, you are being extremely quiet today, that's kind of fake. Why don't you show them what you really do?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about." Sun Hee responded softly.

"Oh really? Need some help. I'll remind you. Lets see the name calling and offending. The..." Shin Hye saw Sun Hee's body tense up. She wanted Min Ho to realise that Sun Hee wasn't the one for him.

"Shin Hye-ah stop drinking." Ara told her.

"Why should I?" She glared at Ara. "Should I ignore it? Would you? If you don't want me to drink then fine, I'll go."

Min Ho rolled his eyes. This was yet another scene for her to get some attention.

"That's not what I meant" Ara stood up and held onto Shin Hye's hand. "Come on let's go talk."

Shin Hye pushed Ara away, "I'm leaving." She shouldn't be affected, she should prove to him that she is stronger than that. That she could deal with seeing him with someone.

"Are you going back to Min Ho's house?" She tried to grab her arm.

"No. I'm going to find someone who wants to drink." Shin Hye frowned and walked to the door.

"Woo Bin oppa, go with her." He was the only one she would listen to.

"I don't need anyone to come with me. Just have fun here. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. Besides, I have other friends. And I'm not drunk." She put on her shoes and walked out of the house and into the chilly night.

"I should go after her." Woo Bin commented.

"You're not her bodyguard." An annoyed Min Ho said. "She's 26 for heaven sake. She told you she can take care of herself."

*************

Shin Hye walked on. There were a few people on the streets. She decided she wanted to stop at a shop near by. A nice ahjumma welcomed her. There was only three people in the restaurant. A guy with his back to her, the ahjumma, and her. The ahjumma gave her some soju and some grilled beef.

"Thank you." Shin Hye slightly bowed. She entered the piece of meat into , "It's good." Shin Hye whispered to herself.

The guy stood up but bumped into her chair. He looked up at her to bow but stopped himself. "Shin Hye." He sat down in the chair in front of hers. He unwrapped his face and he beamed.

"Uh?! Seo Joon oppa? What are you doing here?" She was happy to see him, looking at him a while ago she felt a sort of companionship. Maybe he was similar to her afterall.

"I should ask you the same thing. And I needed to take a walk to relieve myself from stress. Also I was sulking because you never responded to my message before." He pouted. He was a bit happy because she called him oppa.

"Is work really that hard? I'm sorry, I didn't respond to your text. I went to my friends house. But I kicked myself out." She shook her head telling him that she didn't want to talk about it.

"What made you stop here? There are so many places you could go to." He asked as he leaned his head on his hands.

"I don't know. There was not many places I could go to. I just walked and this is where my feet took me. Why did you decide on this place?" She tied her hair up in a ponytail.

"It's quiet. The owner is nice. Nobody disturbs you because..."

Shin Hye thought of something weird to say he seemed sad. "Because you are a night fairy."

He burst out laughing. "A night fairy? What is that even supposed to mean?"

"People will look at us strangely, if we start going around saying that. What do you think the headlines for the newspapers would be?" She tapped her chin.

"How about, Inheritors gone crazy?" He suggested.

"Good one! But I think we should make one with our word in it."

"Where did you even come up with this word?"

"I don't know, the words just popped up in the right moment."

"Well thanks for that, it made me feel a bit better." He paused. " I want to tell you something, but I don't know how you're going to take it." He began to fidget with his fingers.

"Does this involve you?"

"Nope. It involves your brother."

"What happened to my brother?!" Shin Hye was on the edge of her seat now.

"H-he's getting married soon. Your father does not want him to be anywhere near you."

She looked down disappointed. "How I wish I could be with him on such a special day? Tell me, is she beautiful?"

"They are perfect together. Like pieces of a puzzle."

"That's a relieve. I wish that I could meet her one day."

"I wonder why you haven't ran away yet?"

"I'm guessing is the same reason you haven't"

"The fact that they would hunt us down and drag us back. It's like a neverending road." He finished off for her.

"Exactly." She smiled. He really got her like no one else did. "Tell me, what do you like to do when you aren't forced to work."

"I mindlessly walk around until I could find a pretty girl." He winked.

"Pretty?" She scoffed.

"I mean a perfect girl." He corrected himself amusingly.

"Of course there aren't that many, but I guess today was your lucky day. Its a bad thing the girl did not find a hot guy." She teased. Because truthfully he was handsome. "He's not a ten but he's about 8.5. Still up there."

"Yah! I'm a ten."

"I never said we were talking about us. Just in general."

"Ha! Says the girl obsessing over her beauty."

"You're right but there is only one like me in a lifetime. I know you like me."

"You must be drunk. Did you drink a lot of soju?" He stared at her nervously. He pinched her lips shut, when she was about to say something else. She glared at him. He slowly let go. "I'm sorry." He looked at his phone. "I have to go, I'll send you home."

"Awwwe, it's over so soon. I really like the food here."

"Was the food the only thing that you liked?"

"The ahjumma was nice."

He pouted and then sighed. "Let's go."

He stopped his car and insisted that he would walk her to the door. Even though at first she denied profusely, in the end she just let him.

"Thanks for spending some time with me." Seo Joon told her sincerely.

"I had a good time, thank you." She responded. They stood there in silence.

He picked up his hand and put the loose strands of hair behind her ear.

Shin Hye felt this warm sensation at the pit of her stomach. No guy has ever looked at her in the way that he did. It was soothing. She blushed. "Good night." She turned around and entered the apartment.

Shin Hye passed by the living room and stopped short when she saw Min Ho. "The party didn't last long?"

"No, thanks to someone who just barged out."

"Nobody said you guys needed to stop having fun if I wasn't there."

"People were worried about you. It annoyed me."

"Everything about me is annoying to you. Can't we just get along?" She placed her hands on her hips.

"I would try to but I can't, it makes me angry to have to live near you."

"I never forced you too!! I could leave right now."

"Stop being ridiculous. I'm going to sleep."

"The more I hear you, the more it hurts to be near you."

***********

Shin Hye finally came back to the house after 40 hours of work. She was bone tired. Although she would much rather stay at the hospital, then come back to this place. She was tired of him bringing her down. How could she be dumb enough to fall for him? Her heart ached and it broke into a million pieces. She continuosly asked him to give her some respect but he didn't seem to care. She entered the apartment and heard laughing. When she peered into the living room, she found Min Ho and Sun Hee messing around. They were cuddling. The word now made her nauseous. Yet she felt that her body was on fire. There was a jealousy so great that no one could explain.

Sun Hee skips work and nobody rats her out. They just go about their day. If she does a mistake or misses a day, immediately everybody finds out. She went to her room and threw her stuff on the bed. She heard the bathroom door closing and footsteps approaching.

"Hey Shin Hye." Sun Hee said. It sounded to Shin Hye that she was trying to act friendly in a way that was almost forced.

"I never gave you permission to come into my room." Shin Hye gritted her teeth.

"Since this is Min Ho's house, and I'm his girlfriend, I have the right to do whatever I want." She emphasized the word girlfriend.

Shin Hye clenched her fists. "I need to have my privacy too, so if you could get out, that would be nice."

"Come on, I'm just trying to be friendly." She pulled her arm.

"You and I cannot be friends. Why all of a sudden? Do you need help with your exams? Or do you think I'm a threat to your relationship?" Shin Hye smirked.

She laughed. "A threat? Trust me, compared to me you are nothing."

"Are you sure about that? Don't forget I'm living with your man. I am also an heiress. I could take you down quickly." Shin Hye rummaged through her closet. She wasn't willing to spend another minute in the same place as Sun Hee. It was more than enough that she had to see her at the hospital.

Sun Hee pulled her hair after looking back to make sure Min Ho wasn't coming. "I will take you down. I'll make sure that Min Ho is mine forever."

Shin Hye could tell she was getting nervous so she let out a satisfied smile. She abruptly grabbed the hand Sun Hee had on her hair and brought it to her back. Shin Hye had learned some Self Defense back when she was younger. Being someone important, she had to make sure she knew the tricks that would keep her safe.

Sun Hee grimaced and Shin Hye let go of her when the bathroom door opened. "I'm warning you, I may look defenseless but I know more than you think." She sprinted out not giving her time to speak. Forgetting to change.

Her head hit Min Ho's chest.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Have you seen Sun Hee?"

"I'm right here." She smiled before wrapping her arms around his waist.

They made their way back to the couch before continuing to cuddle. "I should burn that couch." Shin Hye utttered before she went to change and left.

Min Ho pulled Sun Hee close to him. "What were you talking to Shin Hye about?"

"Nothing, just about the patients in the hospital." She said not taking her eyes of the television.

"I thought you guys don't get along."

She frowned. "Of course we don't get along. We were just talking as colleagues."

"Why talk to her then? I don't want her to offend you."

"I'm her sunbae, she shouldn't disrespect me anyways."

"Even so, you're dating me." His brows furrowed.

"Nothing she says could take me away from you." She reassured herself.

"Did she mention anything?" he asked as he caressed her wrist.

"I don't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter