Deadly Situations

Ignite my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He moved aside nervously. "You are always bothering me, it drives me insane." He said quickly. Honestly, he lied. He doesn't find her annoying. It's just that there has never been a girl who acts like her. She was too happy for her own good. Although the Shin Hye he heard talking during breakfast was someone completely different. 

She grinned. "Why are you nervous?" It was like catching someone in a lie.

"Who said I was nervous?" 

"You wouldn't look at me in the eye when you said it." She pointed out.

"Why should I? That doesn't mean anything." He managed to put some space between them.

"You're right but most people would think that action signifies that the person is hiding something."

"Well, everybody is different. I have different habits." He commented. "I really should get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day."

"Why your girlfriend not coming again?" Shin Hye asked.

"No she has to work at the hospital." He turned his back to her and Shin Hye did a little celebration dance. She did not want to see Sun Hee for a while. Seeing her in the hospital is enough. She imagines the amount of patients Sun Hee has to see. Dozens and dozens of them. 

"If you won't talk about it today, there's always tomorrow." She patted his back before retiring to her room.

Min Ho his lips, of course that was a nervous habit. He stretched, raising his arms above his head before yawning. He still has to think about his revenge. Something to get back at her. Why did he need to get nervous? Why did he even choose to tell her that he 'thought' of her as annoying?

***********

Shin Hye ran past the lounge for doctors and nurses and heard a bunch of giggling. She slowed her steps and walked backwards. At the door she stopped and looked in. They were all gathered around Sun Hee, in her hands she had a bouquet of roses. Shin Hye watched how Sun Hee flipped her hair like she always did when she bragged about something. 

Shin Hye saw her dad passing by and in order to avoid him she entered the office pretending that she was going to get something. She turned and saw Sun Hee whispering in the ear of one of the nurses. Immediately a silence overcame the room. Shin Hye grimaced when they all looked at her. She cursed at herself for being so nosy.

"Hey Shin Hye." Sun Hee pretended to say casually. 

Shin Hye knew she was going to say something that would irk her patience. "Heyyy." She drew out not at all excited.

She waved the bouquet in Shin Hye's face. "Aren't these lovely?"

"They sure are. Let me guess who gave it to you." Shin Hye tapped her chin.

"You're right it was my boyfriend." Shin Hye could've sworn that at the moment Sun Hee had a sinister smile on her face.

"I think you should specify which boyfriend gave it to you. I feel like I saw you yesterday at the next door cafe flirting and being extremely touchy with one of our doctors." The others began to whisper amongst themselves. 

Sun Hee cleared and Shin Hye could tell she was nervous. "What are y-you talking about? My boyfriend is Lee Min Ho."

"I think you should be more careful, imagine what he would think if he saw you or he heard that you were being too friendly with another man." Shin Hye smoothly put her hands in the pockets of her doctor's coat.

"You would want to tell him but you are just exagerrating what happened. He was going over something with me. I had a patient with turbeculosis. But I didn't know how to differiantiate between a cold and this disease."

"Who are you trying to fool because it better not be me." She walked to other nurses. "I don't understand why you all would want to stand on her side. You got your degrees by yourself. Why always stick to someone who vaguely remembers the difference between things. It might be contagious." She has tried to make them realize who Sun Hee really was but they were buried deep in stupidities. 

"Shin Hye, you know that among everyone in this room, you are the one that most of us dislike." 

"You mean you fooled everyone into thinking I was someone horrible with power and if they get close to me they could get fired." She pointed at the roses. "Enjoy them while you can because just like you they're starting to grow old."

Sun Hee rolled her eyes. "Just go back to calling that proffesor on your phone."

"What proffesor?" It was now her turn to be nervous. No one is supposed to know about him. He lived in the countryside and was very warm and gentle with her. He already retired and he was supposed to be her support in this world. He was a second father for her, more like the father that she never had.

"I heard you talking one day and it was medical talk therefore he is a doctor. But you do not address him as a close friend."

Shin Hye laughed nervously. "It's a friend from a hospital in another area of Korea. He travels for a lot of charities and knows so much about medicine, the ones that are being made and so forth. I also don't think its appropriate for you to be eavesdropping." She wasn't lying completely. "Now unlike you women gathered in this room, I think I will go do what I applied for. If you wanted to gossip you should've worked in a reality show." Shin Hye mentally pat herself on the back for handling the situation very well. After all she could really shut people's mouth. 

She ran to the entrance when she saw the firefighters coming in with a stretcher. "What happened?" She asked as she took a sthethoscope in order to check the person's heartbeat. 

"A cafeteria in one of the buildings nearby caught fire and there are a lot of people injured. A bunch of paramedics are on their way now. We managed to get everyone out of the bulding but this person was inside the kitchen where the fire occured and he was there the whole time." They told her as they picked him up and settled him in a hospital bed.

"Any wounds?" Shin Hye asked scanning over the person. No response. "Min Ho." She looked up and followd his gaze. He was looking at Sun Hee who was blowing air kisses. She could barf at the sight. "Yah! Are you even paying attention? This person could die from the lack of oxygen."

He turned back to her and handed Woo Bin the file. "Take care of it." Woo Bin widened his eyes. He was just here to deliver the person he doesn't have the right amount of details.

"Are you serious?!" She got angry, she understands that he likes his girl so much but he came to work.

"Shin Hye forget that and let's focus on what really matters." Woo Bin told her.

"Any wounds?" She repeated the question from earlier.

"Beside the third degree burns there is nothing else."

"How long has he been unconcsious?"

"I don't know. I-I wasn't the one that got him. It was Min Ho."

"Do an estimate for heaven sake"

"Don't put any pressure on me." He was only supposed to put out fires that's it. When the chief told him that they had to help move patients to the hospital, he let Min Ho take care of everything.

"Woo Bin-ah think. I'm begging you." She checked the person's pulse.

"I got this." Il Woo said and he pushed Woo Bin aside taking away his clipboard.

**********

Min Ho and Woo Bin had their head bowed at the station. They were being reprimanded for what happened at the hospital.

"I told you that you must pay attention to every single detail. You can't go off just because you have other workers around you." He told Min Ho. "You must stay there until that patient is treated. What would've happened if Il Woo wasn't there? If that person were to die, we could get sued. Do you realize the trouble you could've got us in? "

"I'm sorry chief." They both said at the same time.

"Now Woo Bin I understand he often gets in trouble, but this is the second time for you Min Ho. Did you get mad at Shin Hye? What is your excuse?" His chief demanded.

"I-I, uh." Min Ho felt completely terrible about forgetting what his job was. It's just that when he sees Sun Hee, it's distracting. She acts so cute. He was pretty sure he was smiling like a fool right now.

Il Woo was not going to help Min Ho out, Shin Hye shouldn't be blamed for something she didn't do. "He was too busy with his girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? He's dating Shin Hye? But, she was the one that complained." He understands that they live together but that doesn't mean that things should move along that fast.

"Sun Hee not Shin Hye." Il Woo corrected immediately. "Anyways, I know I don't have any power but I feel that  simple scolding isn't enough. They should be suspended so that they have time to think about what they are really supposed to do."

"I was just getting to that." The chief cut him off. "I hate having to do this but Il Woo's right. You're both suspended for a week."

"But Chief this is not fair." They complained.

"No buts. I want you guys to write an apology to Shin Hye and I want you guys to look over the guidelines for firefighters." He waved them off. "Min Ho, I had higher hopes for you and this is already the second time, one more time and I will really have to think it over."

They closed the door and went to get changed. Min Ho stood behind Il Woo. "Why didn't you stick up for me?"

"We are friends, but you were going to blame Shin Hye. I will not allow that. Now you can go visit your girlfriend without worrying about work."

"Now I have to tell Shin Hye I'm sorry. She is just complaining because of jealousy."

Il Woo laughed. " Her job is to keep the patient alive and if you do not do your work right, then it's her right to comment it. Also, I promised her I wouldn't tell you, but because of you she had bruises on her wrists. I'm warning you, if you want to keep being my friend, give her the respect she deserves."

Min Ho grabbed his collar. "Don't threaten me. Il Woo, you don't know what she did. You shouldn't be talking."

Il Woo laughed again. "You don't scare me. If you want to punch me go ahead."

Min Ho lifted his fist but then he gritted his teeth and he let go. 

"I knew it, now you better get busy, that letter isn't going to be written by itself."

Woo Bin furrowed his forehead when Min Ho left. "Il Woo what do you mean when you say Shin Hye's wrist were bruised?"

"She didn't want to talk about it. But that jerk did it. She said that they were starting to get along." He clenched his teeth. 

"I have to talk to her." His forehead creased. Maybe he shouldn't have gotten her in that apartment after all. All it does is bring her trouble and sadness.

"Woo Bin? Don't you think you care for Shin Hye too much?"

"I do and I know that. I keep telling you all that I just think of her like a sister."

"What are you going to do now? I'm sorry I shouldn't have dragged you along when I told chief about Min Ho."

Woo Bin patted his back. "It's okay. I'm going to take this time to visit my family. They called me and they're worried. They miss me and they want to see me. I'll see you next week." He took out his cellphone when it beeped. "I have to go."

"Where are you going?" Il Woo asked but Woo Bin had by then disappeared.

***********

Shin Hye sighed as she put her phone away. She didn't want to get them in trouble. Due to her career she must always inform when something is done wrong. She is still an intern but everyone already treats her like a normal doctor. She didn't want to go home, knowing Min Ho he was probably angry at her. 

She sat in a park bench, late at night. Anyone who saw her might think she's crazy. Looking back at her life, she was rebellious but she never got away with anything.  She had the opportunity to escape her father's grip, but she didn't have the chance to.  She got an opportunity to study in America but her father found out even when she tried to hide it so much. She looked up at the sky. "Mom are you still out there? Did you survive? When will I get to see you again? How's my brother? Did he find you? Are you guys living together?"Millions of questions struck her head. She would give anything just to have her mother by her side. 

Min  Ho came up behind her and heard her. She made it seem that she had a tough life. Everyone has problems but a person like her doesn't seem to have the biggest and saddest ones. "Here." He extended his hand which was holding a cup of hot chocolate.

She got startled by his deep voice. She took the cup from him. She stopped herself when she was about to sip some and widened her eyes. "Are you trying to poison me?"

"What?! Why would I?!" He asked surprised but he remembered that she pulled that prank on him and he told her he would get revenge. Honestly he almost forgot, and he was just willling to get along with her and live peacefully. "I didn't do anything to it."

She extended her free hand towards him. "If you didn't do anything, then give me your cup and you could take mine."

"I already drank from mine."

She shrugged. "It's okay it doesn't matter to me."

He waved her off. "Forget it, it's not going to happen."

"Then you wouldn't mind if I dump this right." She tilted the cup. 

"What?! Yah! I paid money for that." He complained. 

"Then give me yours."

He reluctantly gave her his and took hers. 

She eyed him. "Drink from it."

He took a sip. "See, I'm fine."

"Okay then just finish it now." She drank from his and grinned. 

"What?" 

"We just shared a kiss."

He shook his head. "Childish." He should be mad but he's not.  She was right in calling the chief. In all the things she has done this is the second time that he agrees. First it was when she helped him get Sun Hee and second getting him in trouble so he could remember about his responsibility.

"Why are you still out?" The warmness of the cup made her body feel warmer. 

"Since I got suspended, I thought I should do something I rarely do."

"Was it to treat me nice?"  

"I do that sometimes."

"Sure you do." She said sarcastically. She looked at him seriously. "Then?"

"It was to go out and walk by myself. To think about everything that I have. Did you go home yet?" He asked carefully.

"No, but you are starting to seem suspicious." She eyed him.

"I haven't done anything." 

He wouldn't ask the question if he wasn't hiding anything. She hopes that at least it isn't something like Sun Hee living with them. She pulled him by the ear. "Let's see if you didn't do anything."

"Yah! Why are you so violent?" He held onto her arm trying to get her to loosen her grip. His other hand trying not to spill the drink. She had guts. She was perhaps the strongest girl he has ever met.

"I'm going to kill you if you had the nerves to do something." She dragged him all the way to the apartment. She punched in the passcode and went inside. She scanned the entrance before marching to her room. When she opened the door, her breath hitched. Everything was thrown on the floor. It was a complete mess. There was a horrible stench in the room.

Min Ho bit back his laughter. Her face was red. 

She let go of him and picked up her favorite shirt from the floor, it was covered in something sticky. 

Min Ho turned around before she had the chance to say anything and he was going to take his first step when Shin Hye pulled him by the shirt. He stumbled backwards. 

"You are going to pay for this. But first, clean this up." She demanded. 

"What? Who said I had anything to do with this?"

"This did not happen magically. I also have another condition."

"What is it?" He was almost scared to ask.

"Until you clean this mess, I will be staying in your room."

"No way!" He shook his head.

"I didn't ask for you permission." She stated.

"I'll clean up this mess."

"Do you have any idea of how tired I am?" She paused. "I'll give you half an hour. I will take a shower, if you are not done by that time. I am sorry to tell you that you will have to find a place to sleep."

"30 minutes is not enough. It took me a long time to create this mess. Its all because you are too organized."

"You should have thought about it then. Do you think I was just going to laugh along with you? I am not going to congratulate you for doing this mess. You got 30 minutes, good luck." She regretted telling the chief about Min Ho's mistake, it now gave Min Ho the opportunity to mess around with her stuff. 

He sat on the bed and slammed his fist against it. It was his house but he was taking orders from her. If anything he should've demanded that she did something about his couch. This is what he gets for being a nice guy. He got a trash bag and began picking up her clothes. He needs to send them to the dry cleaners. He has to admit that she has good taste. She knew what to wear for each occassion, but that explained why she took so long in the morning, not that he paid attention to that. 

When Min Ho heard the bathroom door open, he grimaced. He was not even half way done yet. He really created a big mess. He thought it was funny, but she got the last laugh.

Shin Hye entered the room and immediately she placed her hands on her hips. "I see you aren't done."

"I didn't make any type of deal." He crossed his arms.

"I told you that I wasn't asking for permission."

"If you're mad about you're clothes. I'll buy you new ones."

"I don't need you to do that. If I want, I could throw everything I have away and get new ones in no time."

"Typical rich girl." He muttered under his breath.

"I have my own money, therefore you can't use that against me. Anyways good night, I'm going to sleep."

"You can't go to my room." He told her.

"Good luck trying to find somewhere to sleep." She closed the door. 

He hurried after her and when she entered his room he got her by the arm. "This is my room, it's my privacy."

"I know this may be your house and all but you also have to respect my privacy. Which you didn't do. Therefore I could do whatever I want." She yanked her arm away.

He wanted to pull his hair out. 'This woman is uncomprehendable.' "Fine, but I'm sleeping in here with you, on the same bed." He smirked when her face turned pale, but then she laughed.

"You are just trying to scare me. You wouldn't do that." She moved the covers aside and sat. 

"Dare me." His voice all to challenging.

"Go ahead." She wasn't going to give in and admit that the way he said things made her nervous. She wasn't going to back out. If anything he is.

"Don't say I didn't tell you." He lifted the covers off of his side and threw himself in bed. He closed his eyes and whispered. "Turn off the lights."

Shin Hye used her legs and kicked him off of the bed. "You're crazy."

"Aish." Min Ho got up and rubbed his nape. "I don't have anywhere to sleep."

"Sleep on the floor!" She widened her eyes when he laid on the bed again.

"But its my bed." He whined.

"But I'm a woman, what kind of treatment are you trying to give me?" 

"Why can't we both just sleep on it?"

"That isn't right." She shook her head almost instantly.

"Why? Because I have a girlfriend. Its not like we are going to do the wrong thing. All it is, is sleep."

"You have no shame!"

He laughed. "I don't imagine myself doing something wrong."

She shook her head again. "We can't sleep on the same bed."

He rolled his eyes before he sighed. "Fine, I'll sleep on the floor."

He grabbed extra comforters and placed them on the floor. Shin Hye fell into the bed and went to sleep immediately. The minute her head touched the pillows it was lights out for her. 

Min Ho took a quick shower before settling on the floor. He looked at her and frowned. Next time he wasn't going to dare to prank her. He must be crazy, his life got turned upside down since the day he met her. He remembered their encounter. She ordered people around telling them to move her stuff. Thinking about everything that has happened in the last three months, his eyes began to close an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter