Chapter 1

Heaven's Victim

(Jiyoung's POV)

"Kang Jiyoung" I heard the Goddess Hyori call out my name out of all the other angels. My heart pounded nervously as all eyes were on me. "You will have to catch the Devil Kikwang." She handed me the old golden yet so beautiful mission scroll. "My son, Myungsoo, will guide you."From behind her, he appeared with his white wings, spread out, but he kept focused on his mother. Goddess Gyuri stepped out of the crowd and into the circle of attention along with us.

"I don't think Myungsoo should go." She said softly but sharp. Myungsoo's face turned to look at Goddess Gyuri then towards me, and our eyes met. He stared at me for a while as if he was thinking.

"Why so, Gyuri?" Goddess Hyori asked. "My Myungsoo is the best angel in Heaven and could take very good care of himself. I believe he could guide Kang Jiyoung to capture the devil."

"Have you forgotten what happened to your father trying to capture the Devil Kikwang?!" Goddess Gyuri said in anger. "Do you want to lose another family member?"

"That is why I must capture him, because, my mother died in the hands of this devil." Goddess Hyori said in a cold voice. "Jiyoung, hear me now. You can not fall in love with humans as you do your mission. You must always be alert at all times. And you must not damage your wings, or you will become a fallen angel. Be careful."

"Goddess Hyori!" I heard Goddess Gyuri shout. "Why must you-"

"Hush, Gyuri!" She glared at her. "Go now, Myungsoo and Jiyoung." 

(Gyuri's POV)

"Goddess Hyori, you're only picking Kang Jiyoung because she looked like your mother am I correct?" I asked in anger.

"I believe Kang Jiyoung could catch him." She answered calmly.

"Because she looks like your mother. You are half human, Goddess Hyori." I kept the straight face on but annoyed with the fact that she's risking other's life even her own son just to avenge her parent's death.

"You shall not talk about my parents nor ask anymore questions about what I am doing!" She almost yelled and then she disappeared.

Goddess Hyori is the only daughter of Jae Kyung. She was the leader of Heaven, yet she fell in love with a mortal, a human. In Heaven, Angels must not fall in love with humans. The outcome may be very severe to both the lovers. The immortal will suffer the fate of seeing their own lover's death and become human. Hyori's father was murdered by the Devil's servant. She blamed the Devil Kikwang for falling in love with her mother. She blamed everything on the Devil.

(Myungsoo's POV)

"Kang Jiyoung" I said as we appeared on Earth. She was on the ground with her wings wide open. "Hide them." I grabbed her hands and our supplies and led her into an alley to hide them. She closed her wings in and slightly smiled at me. I sighed in relieve then walked back out to the street. "Aish, what are we supposed to do?" I said in frustration.

"Help people who are in trouble, then the Devil will take notice." I heard Jiyoung say. I glanced over and saw her reading the ancient scroll then on a wall behind her, there were many paper that had faces of many missing people. They all slightly look a like. Have the devil been kidnapping these young women?

"Jiyoung, let me see." I grabbed it but the golden paper burned my hands. She took it  as soon as she heard me in pain. It didn't happen to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked as I clenched fists that were still in pain. She held my hands and inspected them. She reached into her supply bag and got out some type of medicine and spread some onto my hands. They healed quickly.

"Thank you." My lips curved as I said it. I noticed her touch. Her touch was soft and calm. Then her long wavy hair that's left hanging in front of her. She was beautiful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

||Author's Note||

So how did ya like Chapter One? Nice? Bad? Tell me! Comments are welcome! And I'm slow on updating because one, I do have school work and two, I have another story to work on as well. Oh please check it out! Another KiYoung!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/92332/timeless-angst-jiyoung-kikwang

(Updated November 5th, 2011 @ 1:25AM Caliornia, USA)