Chapter 8

Beautiful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hish!!!"

My hand flies to the cupcake which is on Kai's palm before he swallows my favorite flavour cupcake.

"I've told you, you can eat anything but not this. This is mine and I don't give two words about this,"

Kai pouts and hands over my lemon card cupcake "hmmph~" He takes a chocolate cupcake and eats it in one go. I really can't understand how he eat so many but still manages to maintain that six pack body of his.

"Ah... I almost forgot. Here," Kai takes out two tickets from his pocket.

I take the ticket from Kai, " Movie ticket?"
"Yeah, I had won some contest on the radio so this is the prize. The movie is about a brother who saves his little sister and becomes spy for his country,"

"That sounds interesting," I comment.

"So, you saying yes?"

"Yes" I answer quietly "Why wouldn't I?"

Kai grins from ear to ear, "YES!!!! It's our first date,"

Minzy, here's your chance to forget about the past and accept new invitations to a new life. That voice, always in my head. Do I have to remember it every time chances like this come to me? It's been a week. I don't remember that guy or even my past. Why do you have to constantly reminding me of my pain?

"Minzy..." Kai touches my hands, brings me back from my thought.

"Yeah.... It's a date,"

I stand up and pack my things, my mood is gone and I lost my appetite. While I'm busy with my things, Kai receives a phone call and asks for my permission to answer it. I just nod then put all my stuff into my backpack. I watch Kai talking to someone on the phone with serious tone. His shoulder tenses, seems that he's very angry with that person. Kai then puts away his phone and turns to me. He looks guilty, like he wants to talk to me about something and in dilemma whether to say it or not.

"Minzy, I think, Sehun is waiting for you at your room. I mean outside of your room."

Sehun. My dead boyfriend's twin. The guy I mistook as Dehan and smashed my birthday cake at his face.

"What does he want?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter