Chapter 4

Beautiful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey... Minzy. Hey ... hey,"

I heard someone calling my name. I just realized that the person's hands were on my shoulders, shaking me profusely. I came back to reality immediately. Kai looked terribly worried in front of me.   

"Are you okay?" asked Kai.

I shook my head and broke into tears. I let myself to cry for the first time since my parents were gone. Maybe it was because of what had happened today was too much for me to handle. How many times I tried to run away from the pain that haunted me like a hunter hunting for a deer, only to end up in the end of a u-turn. Or maybe it was because that I remembered my childhood too well, why I always spent my birthday being locked in my bedroom, being engulfed in the darkness just because my mom hate the day I was born. Then came that guy who promised to love me till the end of his life, but it was a pretty lie. At the end, everyone I loved and cherished left me alone to live my life with the pain they had caused. I couldn't express my hatred towards them with words anymore.

Kai gently slid his arms around me, bringing me some soothing warmth. I finally felt safe. He brushed my hair, ensuring me that everything was gonna be okay. Without words and only my tears, we let the moment passed. I wasn't aware of what happened around me. Slowly, I regained what was left in my heart, my strength to hold all the pain and stop myself from crying. I wiped my last tears and pulled away from Kai's warm embrace.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter