In Front of the Fog Flower (Part One)

(Unrequited) Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Weather: cloudy My feeling towards him: - = -

 

 

Why was I here?

 

The location was at the set of a cable broadcasting station.

Gwang Soo and I were watching Jong Kook-oppa’s recording of Anti vs. Star.

It wasn’t a particularly fun variety show to watch, nor was I that close with Jong Kook so there really didn’t seem to be a reason for me to be here. But it was human nature to be be worried when another person was put into a dangerous situation even if they had no real relation to speak of.

Nothing had happened despite the vicious atmosphere, but I felt like I was breaking out in cold sweat.

I started to hate him, wondering why the hell he decided to come here— this place where a hardcore anti-fan and the celebrity met up face to face to discuss.

 

 

The cause being the incident four hours ago…. I think back to the peaceful time of then.

 

Gwang Soo and I were just starting to get some attention at the very early days of Running Man and managed to snag the first interview in a long while together. Seeing how we came all the way to the broadcasting studio for a short hour long interview, I felt we were yet to be a popular celebrity.

But as of now I was thankful even just for the interview, thankful that at least this person liked me. It was probably the same for Gwang Soo who was just now beginning to be a true celebrity.

 

And like that the two of us focused on the interview with bright faces.

Many questions and respective answers were exchanged— from our works as actors, to our feelings about Running Man, how it felt to be doing variety for the first time and such others.

 

 

“Your most favorite member from Running Man? One, two three.”

 

The MC asked quickly as if not wanting us to think the question through. I thought the word ‘most’ always put people in a tough spot. Everyone was nice, everyone had their good and points and I was supposed to pick just one among those. But Gwang Soo picked one at once and answered confidently, as if not needing to even think about the question.

 

“That would be Jong Kook-hyung!”

 

Jong Kook-oppa…

 

Ha… The interview with the two people who took longer to think than actually talk appeared to lean slightly on being unnatural, progressing in short, choppy sentences. It was frustrating even for me but Gwang Soo unlike his previous replies answered quickly.

 

In contrast I….

 

Hearing his name made my mouth freeze up.

 


 

“I’m thankful that he gets angry at me, and it’s amazing that I get to eat with him every day when really he’s a very renowned person, and he has this naive side to him, and he’s a hyung that I look up to……” Despite the fact that Gwang Soo’s endless compliments came from right beside me I still felt like I wasn’t hearing it properly.

It really hadn’t mattered who I picked, but I think I had a hard time controlling my emotions since it was only the day after that incident happened.

 

I glanced at him in my mild confusion, but his words and expression didn’t seem to be directed for me to hear.

Because, I could see that Gwang Soo’s expression held a sincere joy in it.

Sure the incident could easily be solved with one apology,

Please log in to read the full chapter