Do you hate me?

(Unrequited) Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

(present)

 

 

I opened my eyes.

 

“Ah…. That had happened….”

 

I was at a place where the cherry blossoms fell like so many snowflakes.

The sun wrapped warmly on my skin, and the soft wind caressed my hair.

The pale pink flowers that had bloomed in plenty descended in countless numbers as if it were some sort of celebration…

 

It really was a beautiful sight… But why did it look so sad in my eyes….

 

Though they showered their love on us now, they would be left with nothing in return, with only bare branches when spring came to pass.

 

“Hey, Ji Hyo-ya! Are you spacing out again?”

 

“J-Jong Kook-oppa…. I wasn’t spacing out!”

 

He placed his big, strong, yet somehow delicate hands on my head.

It was an act that I might have rebuffed, but one I couldn’t refuse for the fondness conveyed through the gesture.

I could only pretend to get mad at him while laughing. Or maybe I was just happy at that small contact.

 

“Why are you suddenly speaking formally?”

 

“Ah! What am I doing.”

 

“Ah…. Song Ji Hyo…… “ he chuckled. “This is why you’re Mong Ji Hyo. What were you thinking about anyways?”

 

 

….What was I thinking about? I was thinking about you, something I’ve been doing far too often as of late.

Almost to the point where I have to wonder if I’m sick or something.

It looks like there’s no way to cure this unless you help me, but this guy….. is really clueless.

It makes me want to get angry.

 

“Mm….. About that time when we were just getting to know each other, when I said I didn’t like you. I was just thinking about back then.”

 

I couldn’t help the smile that spread on my face.

Only because I had been so silly back then.

It felt just like yesterday that I was that young and immature person, since when had it become like this?….

 

“Ah. Back then?”

 

“You remember?”

 

“Of course I remember. You said it so seriously~ I was a little hurt, you know.”

 

“When did I say that seriously?”

 

“Ask your conscience, keke.”

 

“Tch~”

 

.

.

.

“But……”

.

.

.

“Do you still not like me?”

 

It was an unexpected question.

I remained frozen there like time had stopped.  Was he seriously joking? Or was he pretending not to know when he actually knew everything?

I wanted to tell him my feelings as soon as possible, but I didn’t want to have it revealed in such a trifle manner like this.

I looked at him, making my face as devoid of feeling as possible.

His mouth was curved into an easy smile, yet his gaze was focused on the cherry blossoms as if taunting

Please log in to read the full chapter