The Crack in the Chasm

(Unrequited) Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

The set wasn’t even a minute away. It looked almost shabby, with only a mat on the floor and a cracker hanging from the ceiling.

 

The white card that the PD had given us read: make a human ladder and the first team to finish eating the cookie wins. I wondered whether this kind of game would actually go on broadcast but I understood his earlier words about how Gwang Soo’s role was going to be important here.

It was obvious the taller the person, the greater the advantage.

 

And so Gwang Soo was dragged off by Jong Kook the moment he arrived on set and made to carry Haha-oppa on his thin legs.

And the person who was the most fit for this sort of thing with his boundless stamina, Jong Kook-oppa stood coaching in front of Gwang Soo, ordering him around.

 

My grudge against him grew at the absurd situation.

 

 

And 10 minutes had passed.

 

“When is this going to end?”

 

“Don’t you think they put the cracker too high?”

 

The game was still ongoing, against all previous expectations.

Gwang Soo’s legs were trembling badly, and he seemed to have reached the end of his limit and patience.

 

“Ya! Go a little more forward! That’s it, yeah...”

 

He couldn’t even move properly despite Jong Kook-oppa’s commands, barely hanging on.

And-

 

...Crash. Thump. Thump.

 

An accident ensued.

 

I heard the sound of Gwang Soo and Haha-oppa falling on the mat as they lost their balance.

What if it was serious?

As my first time exp

Please log in to read the full chapter