The Reason for Hate

(Unrequited) Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

(that day, back then)

Weather: clear

My feeling towards him: dislike but strangely curious

 

 

“Hyung~ Come over here~~”

 

 

I went in during break, in the middle of filming and I saw an oversized baby that definitely hadn’t been there a few minutes ago.

All eyes were on a muscle-bound and smiling man, as if the members were watching some strange spectacle.

Yet nobody dared to say anything. Reason being that the baby was none other than the one infamously known as the drill sergeant of the entertainment industry, the one formerly called the legend of Anyang – Kim Jong Kook.

 

“Hyung, hyung, hyung. Look, these are organic crackers~”

 

“I could see that. But, do you realize they are all looking at you right now?”

 

“Yeah I know, I know. Why are you guys all looking at me like that?”

 

Once the two heads of Running Man exchanged words and acknowledged their surroundings, it was like a silent permission had been made and the members began talking. The program called Running Man with its still new 3 non-variety members was full of gauging reactions and reading between the lines like this in the beginning.

 

“It’s nothing, I was just really worried you were on drugs or something.”

 

“What? Hey, Lee Gwang Soo, why are you saying that so seriously?”

 

“I’m sorry but this is something that I also have to question. You weren’t this kind of person, hyung. Shouldn’t you show us a cooler side of yourself?” Gary added.

 

“Ah…. I’m going to go crazy… Hyung, why did you chance so much since X-man? Please come back.”

 

It was fun to watch the members devour him whole, like so many starved lions that had a chunk of meat flung to them. 

 

At the complaints from not just Gwang Soo but the other dongsaengs, Jong Kook-oppa’s lips formed a pout. “Fine, fine. Now I’m the one feeling sorry. I try to be cute once, and this is what I get…”

 

“Are you sulking, hyung-nim? How is this the one thing that hasn’t changed over the years? Aww, our hyung is so cute.”

 

“Kook Jong-ah, do you want some cwackers? Organic cwackers?”

 

“I’m going to hit all of you if you keep doing that.”

 

“I’m sorry! I’ll behave from now on! What should we talk about!”

 

Gwang Soo’s change of subject in a single sentence filled the break room with laughter. Everyone is so energetic, even though they’re probably all feeling tired.

I tap on my phone. Now that I think a

Please log in to read the full chapter