Offer

I Want You (A Prequel)

'Hyesung, I heard that you got an offer to a better school' Hyesung's mum started the conversation during dinner.

'Yeah I did' Hyesung knew that this would be happening.

'Have you thought about it?'

'Yes. I decide to decline the offer' 

'Really? Why?' 

One thing that Hyesung loves about his mother is that he can talk comfortably with her like a friend.

'I don't know, I just don't feel like it. Plus, I'm going to graduate next year' Hyesung shrugged his shoulder.

'Yeah, I thought so too. Plus, you look so much happier these days. What has been happening?' his mum raised her eyebrows.

'Nothing. I feel the same. Maybe because I don't stress myself so much' Hyesung lied.

'Yeah, maybe' Mrs Shin dropped the subject. She knew that his son will tell her when the time come.

(Next day)

'President!' some girls called.

'Yes?' Hyesung smiled.

'We heard that you got an offer to K High!'

'Yeah, I did' Hyesung nodded.

'Are you going to accept it?'

'Nope'

'Really? Why?' 

'Because I don't feel like it and I like it here' 

'We're glad to hear that!' they squealed in happiness.

'Is it because of the scary guy that you friended few months ago that make you wanna stay?' one of the girls suddenly asked.

'Who?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows. He didn't recall his friends that are scary.

'The guy who has a lot of tattoos' she tried to make Hyesung remembered.

'Oh Eric! And yes, I stay because of him because he is a friendly and a nice friend. But not only him, it's also because I have good friends, good vibes and good environment. Why would I trade them for an unknown school?' Hyesung explained.

'Anyways, it was nice talking to you girls but I'm running late. See you later' Hyesung smiled and waved goodbye.

(Few days later)

'It's been few days' Hyesung sighed when he was in the council room.

'I can't just call him right? That would make me look like a creeper' Hyesung mumbled.

'Ah, maybe he's on a vacation ' Hyesung tried to assure himself.

Hyesung just proceeded his day as usual. After school, he saw Minwoo who was walking towards his car.

'Minwoo!' Hyesung called.

'Oh hello, President!' Minwoo gave Hyesung his usual puppy eyes.

'Did Eric come today? I haven't seen him at all these past few days' 

'Oh him? He just needs some time alone to think' 

'Think? About what?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

'I heard that you got an offer to a better school' Minwoo suddenly changed the subject.

'Yeah, I did but I declined it'

'Is it because of Eric?' Minwoo asked seriously.

Hyesung's eyes widen, 'Oh God! Why do people keep saying that?! It's not because of him. Okay, maybe a little. But not completely. I love this school, my title as president, my friends and many more' Hyesung said.

'Eric is just being silly, so I think you should see him to know what's wrong' 

'But I don't know his house'

'I can send you there' Minwoo smiled.

In the car, they talked about this whole matter. Asking Hyesung whether he knows about Eric's status and when the president replied yes, Minwoo told him about his own status. At first, Hyesung couldn't believe it because Minwoo doesn't look like that kind of people.

'Being raised in that world teaches Eric to not care about a single thing except for his family. He doesn't have any friends nor he wants to make any. But after meeting you, he somehow changed. In a good way. And maybe that's why he's miserable' Minwoo said before arriving.

When Hyesung saw Eric's house, his jaw dropped. Eric's house wasn't a house, it was a freaking huge mansion! People who want to go to his mansion have to bring their cars in because there is no way for them to walk to the main door. 

The front part of the house has it's own garden and a big fountain in the middle of the way. Hyesung could tell that the mansion is somehow secluded and has a lot of CCTVs and bodyguards. The structure of the mansion is like a royalty house. 

'I guess I'll leave you here, president. See you at school!' Minwoo smiled.

'You can't leave me in this huge place. I'll get lost' Hyesung said like a kid.

'Don't worry, the maids will show you the way' Minwoo winked and pushed Hyesung outside the car.

'Good luck!' he said before leaving.

Hyesung was all alone at last and to be honest, he was damn scared. He had never been to huge houses before and it was his first. When he walked towards the main door, it was opened by the butlers.

'How may I help you sir?' he asked.

'Can you lead me to Eric's room please?' Hyesung assumed that Eric must in his room. 

But he was wrong. Eric wasn't there.

'Hmm, where is Eric?' Hyesung asked.

'Right this way' 

While he was walking, Hyesung could perfectly see behind the mansion. There was a big swimming pool and besides that, there was a medium size house.

Who lives there? 

The butler brought Hyesung to the second lowest ground and when they arrived, the butler told him that he will find Eric on the floor. Hyesung thought it would be some kind of living room or something but he never expected basketball court.

At the end of the room, he saw Eric playing basketball all by himself. Hyesung slowly walked up to him and called, 'Eric-ah'

Eric was surprised to see Hyesung and thought that he was dreaming. He didn't know why but he started running away from Hyesung. The younger guy on the other hand wanted to facepalm at his action because obviously, Eric didn't have anywhere to run.

'Yah, stop running away!' Hyesung shouted. He dared to shout because there wasn't anyone there except them both.

'Why are you here?!' Eric shouted back and still running.

'Because I want to talk to you!' 

'No, go away!' Eric childishly said.

Hyesung was getting annoyed at this chasing and running game. He sped up his speed and caught Eric's shoulder.

'Stop!' he yelled again.

'Ok ok, I'm stopping' Eric surrendered.

'Good, now let's talk' 

'Yes boss' Eric followed Hyesung and together they sat at the bench.

'Why didn't you come to school?' Hyesung started asking questions.

'I don't feel like going to school'

'I'm serious, Eric' Hyesung sighed.

'I am being serious' Eric said earnestly.

'Is it because of the offer I received?' Hyesung got straight to the point.

Eric kept quiet.

'Is it?' he asked again.

'I don't know' 

'Listen here. I declined the offer because I love the school I'm currently studying and I'm going to graduate next year. I don't want to trouble myself to start all over again' 

'But it's your dream school' Eric said.

And now, it was Hyesung's turn to keep quiet.

'I'm right huh. I know that you work so hard to get into the school. And now that you got it, you declined. Why?' Eric explained.

'I don't know. It's just that I don't want it anymore' Hyesung said quietly.

'Is it because of me?' Eric asked.

Hyesung kept quiet.

'Is it, Hyesung?' Eric asked.

'Some of the reasons I declined, yes' Hyesung admitted.

'That's what makes me so confused and I don't understand myself at this point!' Eric rambled.

'Confused?'

'I don't want you to decline because of me. But at the same time, I don't want you to leave. I never experienced this before, so I don't know what to do. I tried to think. I ask people. But I still can't figure out why' Eric burst.

Hyesung in awe. This is the first time he saw Eric like this. Usually the older guy would keep his coolness, not caring every single word people said. But this, right in front of Hyesung was the complete opposite.

'Then, just don't think about it. Because I've already declined and so far, I didn't regretted it. At all' 

'Seriously?'

'Yup! Why don't you show me around your big mansion while I'm here?' Hyesung changed the topic and started wandered around the court.

Eric grinned like a child and said, 'Ok!'

The 'house' that Hyesung previously saw was actually a place where Eric learned and trained his martial arts. At the end of the private 'tour', they bumped into Eric's parents. And to be honest, Hyesung was scared.

'Hello, Eric. I can see that you brought a friend. This is the first' Eric's dad said.

'Aigooo! What's your name? Good God! You are pretty for a guy. I'm so jealous!' Eric's mum said eagerly. 

Hyesung chuckled awkwardly. At that point, he was blank.

'Mum, don't scared him' Eric said.

'Hello, Mr and Mrs Mun. My name is Shin Hyesung' Hyesung bowed politely.

'Just call us Uncle and Aunty, don't worry. You look like a nice kid' Mr Mun smiled.

'Where were you guys from?' Eric asked.

'Italy! Your dad has a meeting there and since it's been so long I last went there, I wanted to come' 

'But you have some kind of fashion show right?' Eric raised his eyebrows.

'Yeah, in Paris! That's why we rushed back home. I'm going tomorrow morning' 

Hyesung was surprised. This family is bloody rich!

'Hyesung, would you like to stay for dinner? Our chefs are making Italian cuisine' Mrs Mun asked.

'It's okay, aunty. I promised my mum that I'm going to have dinner with her' Hyesung smiled.

'Ah, I see. Let Eric send you home' Mr Mun said.

'I was going to' Eric sighed and dragged Hyesung with him.

'Bye Uncle, bye Aunty' Hyesung said loudly as he was far from Eric's parents.

'Aren't they look cute together?' Mrs Mun smiled.

'They are. Just like us' Mr Mun smiled.

When they got into the elevator, Eric pressed the basement level and when they were on the level, Hyesung's jaw once again dropped. There were too many freaking cars from all different brands. Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Range Rover, Ferrari, Volkswagen. You name it.

'Wow' is the only response that Hyesung could give.

'We have a lot of cars but don't use it. Such a waste' Eric said while taking out his Audi keys.

'Why?'

'They usually use planes or helicopters'

'Why?'

'Because they are rarely in Korea'

'Ohhhh' Hyesung nodded in understanding. 

(Hyesung's house)

'Thanks for the ride, Eric. See you at school' Hyesung got out from the car.

'Hyesung!' Eric called. Hyesung looked at him puzzled.

'Come here. You got something on your face'

'Really? Where?' Hyesung started to touch his face.

'Come' Eric called again.

'Where?' 

Eric leaned out from his car and gave a quick kiss on Hyesung's lips, leaving the younger guy froze and speechless. With that, Eric quickly drove off. The thing that made Hyesung 'woke up' was the voice of his mum telling him to come inside.