Library

I Want You (A Prequel)

'Ahhh, this is a lot! Why do I have to do this in the first place?' 

Hyesung groaned in annoyance when he had to finish a weekly report that was needed to submit by the end of the day. Luckily for him, the teacher that was supposed to teach didn't come, so he had much more time to finish it at the library. As he was writing, his eyelids were starting to get heavier and few minutes later, he fell asleep. 

'Oh ! I slept!' Hyesung immediately woke up when he realised he fell asleep. 

Suddenly, a voice said, 'Relax, you've been sleeping for 15 minutes only'

When Hyesung looked up, he blushed. It was Eric and the older guy was just staring at him.

'How long have you been sitting here?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

'Right after you fell asleep'

'And you didn't bother to wake me up?' Hyesung frowned.

'Nope. You look so tired. You need some rest, Hyesung'

'Yeah, but I need to finish this report first' Hyesung said and continued with his work.

'Don't you have class?' Hyesung asked.

'No, the teacher is absent. What about you? Skipping class?' Eric smirked.

'Same reason as yours' Hyesung rolled his eyes at Eric's sarcasm.

Hyesung didn't notice when Eric stood up and left. He only looked up when he heard the chair was pulled out.

'Where are you going?' Hyesung looked at Eric innocently.

'It's not where am I going, it's supposed to be where was I from' Eric chuckled softly. 

'Really? I didn't realise you were gone' Hyesung said amusement.

'Obviously. Especially when you're too focus on your work'

'I'm not focusing too much' Hyesung pouted.

'Here, take it' Eric gave a bun and strawberry yoghurt to Hyesung.

'Why are you giving me these?'

'I figure that you didn't go for break just now and that you needed some energy to keep working' Eric leaned back and stared at him.

'T-Thank you' Hyesung sheepishly said when he saw that Eric wouldn't take his eyes off Hyesung.

As he was eating, he noticed something on Eric.

'Why are you wearing your blazer? Isn't it too hot? Plus, you only need to wear it on Mondays' 

'You know what lies under these sleeves right?' Eric leaned forward and whispered with his husky voice.

'Yeah, your tattoos. So? Don't tell me you're scared of the people and teachers here' Hyesung sounded amuse.

'Hell no! I don't wear blazer when I'm with them' 

'Then, what's the problem?'

'You' Eric said quietly.

'What's wrong with me?' Hyesung frowned.

'I don't want people to judge you. They can judge me, but not you. You have a perfect reputation here and I don't want because of me, it will affect that' 

'Like I give a about what they say. I can be friends with whoever I want. Your tattoos don't define who you are. Sometimes the most devilish looking person has the most angelic heart'

'Fine, I'll take off my blazer next time' Eric gave up. He knew that he couldn't win against Hyesung's words. At all.

(After school)

'That's all for today class. Don't forget to do your homework okay' the teacher concluded and walked out.

Hyesung sighed in relieved that school was finally over and he didn't have to stay back for any meetings and activities. As he was walking, he saw Eric and Minwoo standing in front of their classroom. When Eric saw him, he smiled. Hyesung returned the smiled and waved hi.

'Eh? Where are you going Minwoo?' 

'Ahhh... I need to go somewhere, see you later President' Minwoo excused himself.

Hyesung looked at Eric for an explanation. Instead, he just shrugged his shoulder and said, 'Just ignore him'

As they were walking, Hyesung realised that Eric didn't wear his blazer today. When he looked closely at Eric's tattoos, they are beautiful, well detailed.

'Does your tattoos have a meaning?' Hyesung randomly asked.

'Not all but yeah, they do have their own meaning'

'Really? What does this mean?' Hyesung pointed to a tiger tattoo.

'Well, this is what we called White Tiger. It symbolises our group identity but not everyone can have this. Only the important members of White Tiger could have it' 

'So, you're a member then?' 

'I am the boss's son, don't you remember? As much as I hate to get involve, I am one of them' 

Hyesung could sense a slight tint of sadness in Eric's tone, so he decided to change the subject.

'What about these ones then?' 

'Oh, these? They are just some random art. It's kinda weird if there's only a tiger tattoo'

'I like it' Hyesung mumbled.

'Why? The society here hates them thinking that as a bad thing and a disgrace' 

'Because tattoos are art and art is beautiful' 

'The world needs someone like you to make it a better place' Eric said.

'How are you going back?' Eric asked.

'By walking. My house is not far from here. I just need to walk pass the train station and walk 10 minutes from there. So, I walk 40 minutes everyday, going to school and coming back home' Hyesung grinned widely.

'That's far. You need to buy a bicycle, Hyesung' 

'Nah, I don't think I need one. Plus, I like to walk. What about you?'

'As usuals, I have my bodyguards with me and it's kinda annoying to have them 24/7' Eric groaned in frustrations.

'I'm sure it's for your own safety' Hyesung assured.

'But I'm 18 and I can take care of myself' Eric complained.

'Maybe your parents will let you off after you graduate' 

Hyesung noticed a black tinted car in front of the school and he assumed that it was Eric's.

'Speaking of which, I think your ride is here. I'll see you tomorrow Eric' Hyesung smiled.

'Hold on! Gimme your phone' Eric said.

'Why?' Hyesung asked while handing him his phone. Then, Eric's phone rang.

'I want your number and I want you to save mine'

'Why?'

'So that whenever I break the rules, you're going to first one to know. Possibly to help me when I get into trouble' Eric smirked.

'Like hell I want to help you' Hyesung glared.

'But I know you will. Anyways, stay safe on the road Hyesung. See you tomorrow' Eric waved goodbye before going inside his car.

'See you Eric' Hyesung waved back.