A Rainy Day

I Want You (A Prequel)

'Aww, it's raining' Hyesung cursed when he stepped out from the grocery market. Luckily, he brought along an umbrella. It has been his job to buy grocery items for his mum and moreover, the market is not far from his house.

He started walking beside the road while whistling. When he passed by the park, he saw a mysterious figure under the lamp post. Hyesung assumed that the figure was a guy due to his broad shoulder when he was squatting down. As usual, Hyesung being curious Hyesung decided to go up to him and tapped his shoulder while holding the umbrella above both of them.

'Excuse me, sir? What are you doing? You will drench in wet if you keep on squatting here' Hyesung bombarded him with questions. 

The figure looked up and squinted his eyes. Hyesung swore that he was the most good looking person he had ever met. 

'I'm just protecting this kitten from cold. I don't want him to die' 

Even though Hyesung could see that he has that cold yet exotic face, but the way he talked was just cute. 

'And I'm sure that this cutie doesn't want you to catch a cold too' Hyesung smiled. 

'At least, you could've stay at the bus stop there' Hyesung said and together, the three of them went there.

'He's cute. What are you going to name him?' Hyesung started the conversation. 

When Hyesung looked at him, he was about the same age as him, he assumed. The figure was busy looking at the kitten to check if it caught a cold.

'I don't know yet. Plus, I cannot keep it' he said with quite sad tone.

'What? Why?' Hyesung asked.

'Because my family doesn't allow pets in the house'

'That's shame' Hyesung sighed. 

'Do you want to keep it?' he looked at Hyesung pleadingly.

'Oh...' Hyesung seriously didn't expect that.

'I would love to but I'm allergic to cats' Hyesung said apologetically.

'Oh, I'm sorry!' he distant himself from Hyesung since he was holding the cat. He didn't want Hyesung to get a bad infection.

'No, it's okay. My allergy is not that bad' Hyesung chuckled.

He totally forgot about his grocery items and when he took a glance at his watch, he freaked out.

'Oh ! I forgot about dinner!' Hyesung quickly stood up and took his items with him.

'It was nice talking to you' Hyesung said before opening his umbrella.

'Wait!' the figure called. Hyesung's heart melted when he saw the way the guy was holding the kitten. So cute and tenderly.

'Let me send you back home. My car is over there' he offered and pointed to a black sedan car across the street. 

Even though it's a tinted car, Hyesung could see there were some people inside it. He wanted to ask why didn't they help the guy in the rain but knowing that he didn't know the stranger, he shrugged it off.

'It's okay. My house is not far from here' Hyesung declined the offer politely.

'Are you sure? I'm going to same way too' 

'Nah, I'm sure. And, what are you going to do with this kitten?' Hyesung patted the kitten softly although he knew the consequences.

'My friend loves animals, so I think I'm going to ask him to take this cutie with him' he smiled.

'Thank God then! Well I have to go now, bye' Hyesung waved goodbye. 

The figure just waved back. Seeing that Hyesung had already completely left, he walked towards his car. The person who was in the driver seat quickly got off the car and opened the door for him. 

'Let's stop by at Minwoo's house for awhile' he announced.

'Who is he boss? Your friend?' 

'I don't know, he just came up to me and we just talked. And I don't do friends' 

'What?!! We have to run a background check on him ASAP. What if he's dangerous or what if he's from other groups' 

'Relax, Junjin. I don't think he knows who I am. And I'm not sure why but it feels like I've known him for years' the guy smiled and looked at the kitten who was already sleeping soundly on his lap.

'But...'

'No buts, Junjin. Trust me, he's harmless and I won't be seeing him ever again' the guy assured his assistant.

'As you say boss'