Lost Both

Love Broke our Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her closer. It felt good to have her this close. Their chest pressed tightly together. His other hand move to her nape. He bit on her bottom lip and she gasped opening .

Even though she knew it was wrong, and she felt that she was betraying her friend she just wanted to. It felt so good to be in his arms. The way his build covered her protectively. She realized now that it wasn't mere attraction and that her feeling for him is much stronger.

His tongue entered and explored the sweet taste of her tongue. She gripped onto his shirt. Bringing her hands to his neck when she felt more comfortable. They stopped when they both needed air.

"Do you understand now?" He whispered agaisnt her lips.

She nodded. She understood, she was the girl that he liked. But what are they going to do? What about So Ra? She burried her face in the crook of her neck. How can she deal with the way her heart was beating?

He leaned foward pushing her backwards until her back was flat on the bed. He was glad that she made no move to stop but it was almost time for him to let go. He kissed her passionately. His lips lazed over hers, and memorizing.

Shin Hye pushed him away when realization hit her. They were making out but they weren't dating or anything. Also now there was guilt eating away at her conciense. All she could hear is So Ra screaming at her.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. He sat up straight. It ended too soon. He already misses her lips on his.

"We can't." She told him. She started to bite her lips in anxiousness.

He found that attractive specially when her lips were swollen. "Why not? We aren't doing anything."

"Yes we are." Shin Hye stood up putting some distance between them.

"Is this because of So Ra. I feel it, that you like me too. The way you responded right now. Its driving me insane that all you could do is think about her. When will you think about me or even yourself?"

"I just think this could lead to bad situations. It's like playing with fire. You know So Ra is my bestfriend and I wouldn't want to do anything that would make her hate me."

He made his way to her until he pinned her agaisnt the wall. He traced her lips with his thumb. "Life is about taking risks. I don't want to be away from you when I know we could be together." He doesn't know where he suddenly became so brave. Brave enough to touch her, brave enough to say his feelings.

"I-I can't. It's not just because of So Ra. It's because you didn't tell me about your feelings before. How long have you had these feelings?" She almost closed her eyes and almost got lost in his touch.

"Ever since I met you. I fell at first sight. I wanted to tell you, but I was scared. And you had your boyfriend at that time. What change would it have made?!" He raised his voice slightly, he did not want his parents to come in.

"I don't want to be with you. I don't want to lose my best friend." She pulled away and walked to the door.

Helplessly he said, "You won't lose her but you just lost me."

She blinked back the tears and left the room.

***********

Min Ho sat at the table. He wanted to look at her, but he wasn't going to be weak any longer. Sure, she took down the wall but he's putting it back up. Strangers? Perhaps. He just wants to be left alone to wallow in his own pain. He picked at his food and his mother threw a napkin at his face. "Omma!!" He whined.

"I slave myself in the kitchen for hours and this is what I get. If you don't want to eat, then don't." She turned to Shin Hye. "Omo omo! Are you two rebelling agaisnt me? Why are you both doing this to me?" She complained.

He stole a quick glance. She should be happy after blowing him off, so why is she sulking.

Shin Hye bit her lip. She couldn't sleep a wink. All she could think is about his touch and his lips. She felt heat rise to her cheeks. She covered her face with her hair. She is sad. He is ignoring her. There are no stares from him whatsoever. Was he seriously going to ignore her? Was their story over? Over that fast? She laughed at herself. Of course it was over, she ended it.

"Are you two just going to ignore me?" She stood up and took their plates. She placed them on the coffee table. "If you guys are just going to sit there, go eat in the living room."

Min Ho bit his lip, he wasn't intending on making his mother mad. he barely sees her. It's better if they are on speaking terms. "I'm sorry. I just want to go home."

"This is your home. I am tired of always seeing you at work. Can't you spend some time with friends? Get a girlfriend." She motioned to Shin Hye.

"I don't think I'll have one anytime soon. So don't bother. I'm happy at work. I'm going to leave already."

"You're not happy, you're used to work." She sighed. Min Ho's dad griped Mi Sook's hand. "Shin Hye, please help him. He needs to stop working."

She nodded, she would help if he would talk to her. She followed suit and decided to head home.

She said her goodbyes and walked outside. Min Ho was forced into taking Shin Hye home. As they walked to the car someone called out to Min Ho. Shin Hye didn't turn but heard heels clicking agaisnt the pavement.

He slammed the car door and turned around. "What do you want?!" He gritted his teeth. He already knew who it was, he recognized the way she walks.

Oh Yeon Seo stood there shocked to see Shin Hye. "I was having a home visit with a patient nearby when I overheard them saying that you were here."

"Why did you come?!" He didn't care if he sounded harsh, he was in no mood to talk to her.

"To see you. You never called me back after the day at the restaurant."

Now Shin Hye knew she was jealous. She did something completely reckless. She walked up to Min Ho and grabbed his hand. "Why would my boyfriend call you?"

She widened her eyes. "Boyfriend?"

Min Ho didn't know how to react. He just watched Shin Hye continue.

"Yes, boyfriend." She said bluntly. He is going to question her after this.

"Oh really? If he's your boyfriend, prove it. Show me." She smirked.

"Okay, I will." She turned Min Ho to her and clasped her hands on his neck. Then she brought him closer and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her away quickly. "There you go. So please do not bother him anymore." She marched off to the passenger seat, he followed after her and got in the car. He started the ignition and drove off. He should've stayed and should've had a talk with Yeon Seo.

After a while Shin Hye broke the silence, "Don't think anything about what just happened, I was just helping you" She warned him.

"Who said I needed your help?" He snapped.

"Apparently she still hasn't stop bothering you even after you told your mother that you would talk to her." She glared at him.

"I can handle my own matters, if you didn't show up that day at the restaurant she would have been out of my life." His grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"You're blaming me now? You could've sent her home instead of sending me. You would've solved all of your issues with her." She threw the words at him.

"You were the one who insisted. You wanted me to take you home. So if anything, I should be angry. You just kissed me out of nowhere. If you wouldn't have had in in my business, then there would've been no problem. Besides you don't see me kissing you and grabbing your hand when you're around Kim Soo Hyun." His knucles were white from the pressure he applied.

"Don't bring Soo Hyun oppa into this!"

"Why not? It's the exact same thing. Because damn it Shin Hye! Don't tell me he hasn't asked you out and you haven't rejected." He slammed his fist on the wheel.

"Actually I'm reconsidering it. He's better than a guy like you!" She yelled. She regretted the words as soon as they came out. A look of hurt crossed his face. "Oppa, I didn't mean it."

He wouldn't talk to her, he just focused on the road. "Maybe you should just give him a chance, and get away from the stupid that has loved you for 8 years." He uttered.

hung ajar. She bit her lower lip, guilty. He said he loves her. Never in a million years would she have expected to hear the words come out of his mouth. Well at least not directed towards her.

Min Ho who was angry did not realize the tension in the car after he said those words. He stopped the car in front of her apartment building.

She looked at him but he still wouldn't even glance in her direction. With a heavy heart she got out of the car and made her way into the building. Once she was out of sight, Min Ho leaned his head on the steering wheel. Even though it wasn't a one sided love, he still got rejected.

Laying in bed, she started to remember all that has happened in two days. She touched her lips and smiled. The way his lips pressed agaisnt her would lose her into oblivion. Then she recalled what she said in the afternoon and sighed. She let her emotions get in the heat of the moment and she unintentionally hurt his feelings. She had flashbacks of when they were in high school. She wondered why she didn't realize that he was a great guy back then. She was so wrapped up in her life, that she forgot to look at who really matters. She remember the last day she saw him. How he spoke to her. How he asked her what she would think if they were never to see each other again. She was stupid to answer him by saying that he would never leave her.

***********

It was time to go back to work. Just like his mood, it was raining. He walked past dozens of women, yet no one made him feel the way Shin Hye did. The women who threw themselves at him couldn't compare to that perfection of hers. And when she was completely naive, you would want to embrace her and keep her safe forever. He entered the building acting like any other worker would. The reason he doesn't have bodyguards is because if he draws too much attention to himself, people would know about his identity. The only people in the building who know about his identity are his secretary and the designers. They were in a confidentiality contract.

Heading towards his office he bumped into his father and another man who was like a second father, his uncle. His father and his uncle, each grabbed one of his arms and dragged him outside to the courtyard. "What are you doing?" He complained.

They pushed him to sit down after they released him and they sat in front of him. Knowing that his father made the trip here after seeing him yesterday meant that they were going to talk about something serious, and behind all this had to be his mother.

"Your mother is worried and no one could be in peace when she's stressed. She's worried that you'll get a panic attack. " His father began.

"That was long ago, I got treated. I'm fine." He reassured them. "Is she still worried that I'm eating at myself slowly because I had a hard time dealing with my feelings before?"

"Not just that, she told you she wants to see you with friends. She's scared that you can't communicate and you're using your excuse of work to hide away from others." His uncle gave him a sympathetic look.

"Why is it that she thinks about it all of the sudden? Don't give me that look."He glared at his uncle. "Tell me honestly, it's because of Shin Hye." It was not a question but a statement. His case got worst after he met her.

They both pressed their lips and adverted their gazes.

"I am not a psyco. I can handle my life pretty well. I don't need anyone to take care of me, like if I were to die the next minute if they didn't." He crossed his arms. "In fact, if it m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter