Chapter 4

Came Into My World

"JUNGKOOK! WHERE IS HE?" A voice cried as Jin came running into the waiting room, followed by Mr and Mrs. Park.

"In with the doctor," Taehyung said, not taking his eyes off the emotional wreck that was Jimin.

"God! Why didn't I go with you?!" Jin cried with a frustrated groan. "WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO ON THE ROLLER COASTER??"

"We didn't know," Taehyung whispered. "He didn't tell us."

"Were you TRYING to kill my brother?!" Jin suddenly asked, grabbing hold of Jimin's shirt collar and glaring into his eyes.

"Yah! Calm down!" Mrs. Park cried. "Let him go! What are you doing?"

"Your SON here has been bullying my brother since day one!" Jin cried, pointing at Jimin. "When he doesn't think I'm around he'll beat Jungkook to a pulp! He'll even sit there hitting Taehyung!"

"Look, hyung," Taehyung said, grabbing Jin's hand. "No matter WHAT Jimin did, he's the one who saved Jungkook. He's been REALLY worried about Jungkook for the last hour. He's been CRYING over Jungkook."

"W-what?" Jin asked, looking at Jimin in surprise.

"What? You don't think I have a heart?" Jimin asked quietly. "Sure I've been the biggest in the world towards him, but that doesn't mean I won't worry about or save him when something happens."

"Wait," Jimin's mother said with a frown. "You've been BULLYING him?! Is THAT where all those bruises he has came from?"

"Yeah," Jimin muttered under his breath, barely audible. "I've.... I've slso... um... I've been like that to Tae.... for... two years now."

"PARK JIMIN! HOW DARE-"

"Excuse me," the doctor said, causing them to turn on him. "Only family is allowed in right now. Who all is his family?"

"I'm the only one blood related," Jin stated. "I'm his older brother."

"Then you may go in," the doctor said, leading Jin to Jungkook's room. "He has stabled, but he'll need to take some medicine for a couple xof weeks. If he has another attack in a month's time, he'll have to be sedated and treated."

"Neh," Jin said, nodding his head.

"Alright, you can see him now," the doctor said, dropping Jin off at the room and walking away.

"Hey Kookie, how are you feeling?" Jin asked his brother softly, slowly edging his way into the room.

"Hyung," Jungkook said with a small smile.

"Why'd you go on that rollercoaster when you know about your anxiety?" Jin asked, cutting straight to the chase.

"I wanted to try it," Jungkook replied. "But Jimin had my back. It wasn't as bad as it would've been."

"I don't know if I can believe that," Jin said with a sigh, sitting on the edge of his brother's bed.

"It's true! He literally turned into YOU when we were up there," Jungkook told him. "He even called me his brother."

"I don't know what his problem is," Jin said with a loud sigh. "One second he's the biggest in the whole world. The next he says he cares about you. I don't understand his motives."

"He's been through a lot. Tae told me-" Jungkook started, but was cut off by Jin's phone ringing.

"It's Mom and Dad," Jin said, looking at the caller id and answering it. "Hey."

"IS JUNGKOOK OKAY?" The voice of their mother shouted through the phone. "WHAT HAPPENED?! TELL ME HE'S OKAY!!"

"I'm okay, mom," Jungkook said, weakly. "I just had a panic attack at the amusement park. I'm okay now. I'm resting in the hospital."

"Good," his mother said with a deep sigh. "I can't even sleep peacefully with my babies in another country. Seok Jin, I told you to keep an eye on your brother."

“I’m trying, Mom,” Jin said with a sigh. “I’m sorry I let this happen. I’ll watch over him more.”

“Hey,” a voice said from the door, causing the two to turn and find Jimin standing in the doorway. “Can I... Uh.. Can I talk to Jungkook for a second?”

“Anything you want to say you have to say it to me, too,” Jin said with a glare. “I’m not leaving my brother alone with you.”

“Hyung,” Jungkook said, shaking his head. “Let me talk to him. I want to talk to him.”

“I don’t-”

“Kim Seok Jin,” Jungkook said, glaring at his brother. “I can stand up for myself. Let Jimin talk to me.”

“Fine,” Jin growled. “But if you do ANYTHING to him, I swear I’m shipping you off to Antarctica to roam with the penguins.”

“Hyung, what kind of threat is that?” Jungkook asked, before breaking out in laughter.

“Just shut up,” Jin grumbled. “Um, I’ll leave my phone here just in case you need anything...”

“Mom’s not going to listen in to our conversation, hyung,” Jungkook said. “I know what you’re trying to do. Also I have my own phone. I don’t need your’s.”

“Jungkook-”

“No hyung,” Jungkook said, shaking his head.

“Fine,” Jin said, letting out a huge sigh and leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

“Um, so,” Jimin said awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with Jungkook. “How are you feeling?”

“Well, I’m not shaking anymore,” Jungkook said, shrugging his shoulders. “Look, I’m sorry I freaked out like that and that I had a panic attack. I shouldn’t have gone on the ride. I ruined our amusement park trip.”

“You didn’t ruin anything,” Jimin said, shaking his head. “Those bastards who screwed up the whole ride is who ruined everything. It’s not your fault you have anxiety. It’s not your fault you wanted to try the ride. It’s not your fault the ride stopped. I’m not blaming you for anything. You shouldn’t blame yourself.”

“You’re not mad?” Jungkook asked, surprised.

“I’m not mad,” Jimin replied, nodding his head. “I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“Why?” Jungkook asked with a frown. “So that you can torture me some more?”

“No,” Jimin said with a sigh. “Look, I can’t promise that I won’t stop torturing you. Not right away. I’m going to try, really try, to stop. But it takes a LOT of willpower to change someone. It took Hoseok at least six months to finally be able to get close to Taehyung again. And he hates himself for everything he did to the boy. He’s scared to treat Taehyung nicely around me, too. We’re both in a very bad position, but he’s trying. And I should too.”

“Tell me,” Jungkook whispered, looking at his hands. “What happened? With Taehyung? What did you do to make him really want to leave you guys?”

 

Jimin walked into the room to find Taehyung there once again. He was fighting with Hoseok, like always. For a while he just stood there and watched the scene. Hoseok was now punching the boy repeatedly. Jimin decided he should step in now.

He wanted to save Taehyung, his best friend, from this torture. The only way to save him was to take Hoseok's side. Regret welled up inside him as he walked over to them, closing his eyes tightly for a second. He's already hurt his best friend and he's about to do it again. 'I'm sorry Tae.'

"Get out," Jimin said as coldly as he could.

"W-what?" Taehyung asked with wide, hurt eyes.

"Get out of my house and don't come back," Jimin said, pushing him hard and hearing a crack come from his foot. 'That didn't sound good. I didn't want that to happen.'

"What happened to you?" Taehyung asked with tears streaming down his cheeks and he scooted away from them towards the front door. "W-what happened to us? I thought we were best friends."

"Just get out," Jimin hissed, turning his back and walking away so both Hoseok and Taehyung wouldn't see his tears. "Our friendship is over." 'Damn you, Jung Hoseok. What did you turn me into?'

 

"So you hurt his ankle?" Jungkook asked with wide eyes.

"Broke it," Jimin said with a hint of regret in his voice. "He was in a cast for 6 months. Just got out of it the week before you came."

"Wow," Jungkook said, shaking his head.

"Hoseok's bullying started towards Taehyung about a year ago. I joined in every once in a while," Jimin said. "Once he left, I became worse. Colder. I didn't like seeing people get close to Tae cause I didn't want him to get hurt worse so I'd hurt them. Tae would get involved so Hoseok would beat him. He finally backed out. Stopped getting close to anyone. He seemed really depressed, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything."

"And then I came," Jungkook whispered, shaking his head.

"You came," Jimin replied, nodding his head. "When I first saw you, you reminded me of Tae. I didn't want you around me cause I would be constantly reminded of the things I did to Tae. In my mind, that wasn’t okay. I didn’t want to let that happen. However, Hoseok seemed to have taken a liking to you. He would joke around about you just to humor me, but he didn’t want to do anything. I guess I really just started hating you because Tae was standing up to me again.”

“Is that why you ripped up the picture of my friend?” Jungkook asked.

“Yeah,” Jimin said quietly, nodding his head. “It reminded me of the close friendship I had with Tae and it irked me. I couldn’t look at it.”

“I see,” Jungkook said with a sigh. “Look, I want to sleep right now. I’m so tired. I’ll just talk with you later.”

“Alright, I’ll leave then,” Jimin said, walking out of the room and running right into Jin.

“What did you say to my brother?” Jin asked with a glare, his hands in his pockets.

“We’re were talking about the past,” Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders.  “He doesn’t want to talk anymore. He said he wants to sleep.”

“You better not have hurt him,” Jin said with a glare as they made their way back to the rest of the group.

“I didn’t hurt him,” Jimin assured him, sitting down next to Hoseok and looking around. “Where did my parents go?”

“They had to go to work,” Hoseok said. “They just wanted to make sure Jungkook was alright.”

“What did you say to him?” Taehyung asked, looking up at Jimin with a warning glint in his eyes.

“We just talked,” Jimin assured him. “I didn’t do anything. I swear. We just talked about you and Hoseok hyung.”

“Wait, you’re actually replying to my question?” Taehyung asked with wide eyes, staring at him in surprise. “You ALWAYS ignore me.”

“As I told Jungkook, just give me some time, please?” Jimin said, looking into his eyes. “I know I’ve been the world’s biggest jerk and today’s event only made me realize that. You’ve always meant everything to me, Taehyung. You were my best friend for the longest time. I messed everything up and I’m sorry. It’s going to take a little bit to get over the urge to bully someone. Let me have some time. I’ll fix everything. I... I miss you Tae.”

“Jimin-”

“And don’t you dare forgive me for what I did to you,” Jimin added. “I was the world’s biggest and that should never be forgiven. I deserve all the pain and suffering for that. I know that you must hate me and I deserve that. There’s nothing I can ever do to make up for what I did. You don’t deserve that kind of treatment. Jungkook doesn’t deserve the treatment I gave him.”

“Jimin,” Hoseok said, standing up and walking over to him, placing his hand on his shoulder. “Let’s start anew. Sure we can never be forgiven for our actions, but we can refresh. It’ll take some time, but we can do it. Let’s start anew, Jimin?”

“I think we should,” Jimin agreed, nodding his head. “Starting anew is the best choice. Give me some time to think, please. I’m gonna go home.”

“Alright,” Hoseok said, nodding his head and turning on the other two. “I think I’m gonna go home too.”

“I’m staying here till they release my brother,” Jin said, shrugging his shoulders.

“I’ll stay here too,” Taehyung agreed, nodding his head.

“Alright guys, see you later then,” Hoseok said, waving and walking away.

“That was... unrealistic,” Taehyung said, shaking his head. “I never thought that would come from him.”

“I guess we’ll just see what happens,” Jin said with a sigh. “I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to trust him, though.”

“I don’t know,” Taehyung replied. “I just don’t know.”