Chapter 9

Came Into My World

Park Jimin sat outside the hospital room a week later, praying hard that he would get good news. The surgery had so many complications that everything had to be postponed. Jungkook was being stubborn, and it was all pointing to something going wrong. This whole week Jimin couldn’t help but cry into his pillow, blocking everyone else out. They weren’t even allowed to see him in the hospital. Seok Jin was taking it even worse than Jimin, staying locked up in his room and refusing to even eat.

Today was the day they would find out what was happening to Jungkook. Today they would find out whether he has the chance of getting cancer or not. They would find out if Jungkook was dying. If he had cancer, then he would have to go into treatment. This treatment could possibly take years to complete. Jimin slowly bowed his head, letting more tears fall down his cheeks as he waited for news on his boyfriend.

“Park Jimin?” the doctor asked, causing Jimin to pop his head up immediately and look at the doctor with worried filled eyes. “We have some... difficult news for you.”

“What is it?!” Jimin cried, jumping up. “Tell me!”

“He... he has indeed caught the cancer,” the doctor told him. “However it’s in a very early stage, so we can treat it. He’ll also need to get chemotherapy. The bad thing is... We don’t have the qualifications here to complete these procedures. We’ll have to send him to Los Angeles to get treated.”

“How long will it take?” Jimin asked, trembling slightly.

“From anywhere from six months to three years,” the doctor told him. “We can’t be too sure. Survival rate is only 20%. But that’s after a year of having it. So it can be higher, since he’s a rare case. And there’s a chance he got this from a family member. Pancreatic Cancer is hereditary.”

“Can I... Can I see him?” Jimin asked, shaking more violently. “I.. I want to talk to him.”

“Go ahead in,” the doctor said, stepping aside to let the unstable boy pass.

Jimin rushed to the hospital room as fast as he could, wanting to see his boyfriend as soon as possible. Once he opened the door, he found Jungkook looking pathetic in the hospital bed, as pale as a ghost. Jimin took a deep breath before continuing over to the boy and sitting down on the chair next to his bed. He took a hold of Jungkook’s hand and it. He didn’t know how to even start talking to the poor, unfortunate boy.

“H-hyung,” Jungkook whispered, opening his eyes and looking into Jimin’s eyes. “W-what did the d-doctor say?”

“Y-you,” Jimin whispered, trying to hold in his tears. “Y-you have... You have cancer.”

“I should have known,” Jungkook said, shaking his head.

“You... You only have... You only have a twenty percent chance... of l-living,” Jimin said, finally letting his tears go as he threw his arms around Jungkook, hugging him tightly.

“I can get it treated, right?” Jungkook asked weakly, hugging his boyfriend back.

“You... You have to go to L.A. to get it treated,” Jimin said, nodding his head.

“I shouldn’t get treatment,” Jungkook said, shaking his head. “You’ve already spent so much money on me. I can’t have you spending money on me for treatment.”

“You’re GOING to get treated,” Jimin said in as stern of a voice he could muster, only to let out a loud hiccup at the end as he voice squeaked. “I’m not going to let you die. We don’t care how much money we have to spend on you. We’re not going to lose you. I’m not going to lose you.”

“But I-”

“We’re going to go to L.A.,” Jimin decided. “Together. I’m going with you to L.A., and I’m going to stay by your side the whole time you’re getting treated.”

“We’re all going to L.A. together, then,” a voice said as Taehyung and Hoseok came walking into the room, backpacks slung over their shoulders. “And we’ll help pay for your hospital bills, no matter what. Jeon Jungkook, we’re not going to lose you. Especially not after you brought all of us together again.”

“We’ll be incomplete without you,” Hoseok added, nodding his head. “We’re not going to leave you.”

“Guys-”

“We’re going to L.A.,” Jimin concluded, crossing his arms stubbornly as tears continuously fell down his cheeks. “We’re getting you treated.”

 

...

 

Seok Jin quietly sat in the car as they drove the four boys to the airport. He wasn’t exactly thrilled that he couldn’t join them in America, but he had to finish high school first. He would be a year without his brother, but he knew he could trust the other three to take care of them. The Parks and Taehyung’s parents would be sending them money for rent every month so the four of them could stay in an apartment throughout Jungkook’s treatment. The three friends were going to try to get part time jobs while waiting for Jungkook to get through his surgeries.

Once they reached the airport, Jin couldn’t hold it in anymore as he broke down in front of his brother, pulling him into a tight hug. He wasn’t ready to let him go. He didn’t want to think of the possibility that this could be his last time seeing his brother again. He needed his brother more than anything. Sending him off like this was the last thing he ever imagined.

“You better come back here alive and healthy,” Jin whispered into Jungkook’s ears.

“I will, hyung,” Jungkook said with a weak smile. “I promise.”

“I love you, Jungkook,” Jin told his brother. “Please call me.”

“I will, hyung,” Jungkook assured him, pulling out of the hug and nodding at his brother.

“Once I graduate highschool, I’m going straight to L.A. with Namjoon and Yoongi,” Jin declared, nodding his head. “We’ll go to college there and make sure you really are okay.”

“Neh hyung,” Jungkook said, his smile becoming slightly brighter.

“Park Jimin,” Jin said, turning on Jimin. “You take care of my brother. I’ll finally put my trust in you. Don’t let me down, Park Jimin. You better fight those doctors to make sure my brother stays alive. Do whatever it takes to make sure Jungkook lives.”

“I will,” Jimin assured him. “I’m never letting go of his hand. I’ll never hurt him again. If he dies under my watch, I swear I won’t live without regretting every day.”

“Jimin, Jungkook,” Mrs. Park said, tears bursting out of her eyes as she pulled the two into a tight hug. “You two behave. You better get better, Jeon Jungkook. We’ll visit you every month, if possible. I’m rooting for you guys. Taehyung, Hoseok, you keep a very close eye on my boys.”

“We will,” Taehyung assured her, before pulling on the wrists of the two boys. “Come on, we’re going to miss our flight.”

“I love you, Mama!” Jimin cried as they followed Taehyung and Hoseok, Jungkook clinging tightly onto Jimin’s arm.

“I’m scared,” Jungkook whispered, tears finally falling down his own cheeks. “What if I never see my brother again?”

“You will, Jungkook,” Jimin declared, stopping and looking into Jungkook’s eyes. “You will. Don’t give up hope. Please don’t give up hope.”

“Hyung-” Jungkook started, but Jimin silenced him by smashing his lips to the other’s in a deep kiss.

“Don’t give up hope. If you give up hope, then all of us will. We don’t want to give up hope,” Jimin whispered after they pulled away from the kiss.

“If you don’t have hope, then look to me,” Hoseok said, causing to two to actually look at him. “I’ll be your hope.”

“And so will I,” Taehyung said, nodding his head. “We’ll be your hope.”

“That’s a scary thought,” Jimin said with a laugh. “Come on, we have a plane to catch.”

 

A/N One more chapter to go guys :( I'm so sad! I can't believe it's almost over. But stay tuned. I'll make sure the ending will be good. Thank you for reading everyone. I love you all <3