Final

Came Into My World

A few months passed since Jungkook had started his treatment at the hospital in L.A., yet the boys weren’t allowed to see him that much. Jimin took this news very hard, not being allowed to see his boyfriend. He would sit curled up in his room, staring at his phone and waiting for news from the doctor. Unlike Taehyung and Hoseok, he didn’t have a job and rarely left the house. Taehyung and Hoseok were struggling just to care for the people in the house.

“We need to talk,” Hoseok said with a sigh as he and Taehyung sat down at a small table during their lunch break. They were working full time at a Starbucks close to their apartment. “This is getting out of hand.”

“What’s getting out of hand?” a coworker of their’s, Mark, asked, joining them at the table.

“Hyung,” Taehyung said seriously, ignoring Mark’s question, “I don’t know how we’re supposed to help Jimin. The only thing that will get him back on focus is if he gets to see Jungkook. If he knows if Jungkook is okay. But none of us do. The doctor won’t talk to us.”

“How long have we been here already?” Hoseok asked, looking at his phone.

“Four months, hyung! We’ve been here for four months! The doctor hasn’t contacted us in six weeks!” Taehyung cried, causing a bunch of customers to stare at them. The only person that knew what they were saying, however, was Mark. “My best friend is in the hospital and I don’t even know what’s happening to him! My other best friend is wasting his life alone at home because he can’t see his own boyfriend! What am I suppose to do?! I can’t just sit calmly and wait!”

“I’m thinking... You and I should go to the hospital and confront the doctor,” Hoseok said with a sigh. “Have a one on one talk with him. What if it’s Jungkook who doesn’t want the doctor to say anything? The boy has cancer! He’s scared to death! But he’s also worried about us. He doesn’t want to upset us.”

“I can’t-”

“Hey guys,” a voice said, causing them to look up and find Jimin slowly walking towards them, looking very pale. He had a thin pair of sweatpants on and a light brown sweater, his hair a jumbled mess with a pair of glasses resting on his nose.

“Jimin!” they both cried, jumping up and startling Mark. Jimin has NEVER been to their workplace.

“Why’d you come here? What’s wrong?” Hoseok asked, pulling him into a hug.

“Hyung, did something happen?” Taehyung asked, also joining the hug.

“The doctor called,” Jimin said, breaking out of the hug with a small smile. “He said he wants us there right away. My parents and Jin hyung are gonna meet us here.”

“So does that mean Kookie’s okay?” Taehyung asked, looking up at Jimin with wide eyes.

“Guys, what’s going on?” Mark asked with a pout, walking up to them. “You two never tell me what’s going on!”

“Mark,” Hoseok said, smiling at his coworker. “This is our best friend and roommate, Park Jimin. Jimin, this is our coworker, Mark. He lived in Korea for a couple years, so he’s been helping us communicate over here.”

“Ah, nice to meet you,” Jimin said, giving him a small bow. “Guys, the doctor said we can see him. I finally get to see my Kookie.”

“I’m so happy,” Taehyung said sincerely, just as the door burst open again.

“Park Jimin!” the voice shouted, making every person in the shop stare at them. “You little ! Why haven’t you been taking care of my brother?!”

“Hyung,” Jimin whined as Kim Seokjin pulled the boy into a tight hug, the boy’s parents right behind him.

“I don’t know who’s had it harder,” Jin whispered into Jimin’s shoulder. “You or me.”

“Both of us have, hyung,” Jimin replied, before pulling out of the hug, tears streaming down his cheeks. “I miss him so much.”

“He really has missed him,” Taehyung said, nodding his head. “He would cry himself to sleep every single night because we haven’t had any word from Jungkook or the doctor. This is literally the first time he’s been outside the house.”

“We were seriously worried about him,” Hoseok added, nodding his head. “I’ve never seen Jimin this serious about someone.”

“We need to see Jungkook,” Mrs. Park said with a sigh. “Right now.”

“But we’re still on the clock,” Hoseok said nervously, looking at Mark.

“One second,” Mark said, before walking up to their supervisor standing at the register and speaking in English. “V’s and Hope’s friend is in the hospital and the doctor just called for them to come in. The doctor said to be there as soon as possible. Their friend has cancer and this is their first time in six weeks hearing about what’s going on. They need to go see him, but they’re stuck here...”

“Go,” the supervisor said, nodding at the two boys with a small smile. “Your friend needs you. The two of you always stay over time and are always helpful. I’ll let you go for once. We’ll get someone in to cover for you. Go see your friend.”

“Thank you,” the two said together, bowing repeatedly.

“What’d he say?” Jimin asked with a confused frown, only to have the two throw their arms over his shoulders and drag him out of the shop with Jin and the Parks following.

“Let’s go see Jungkookie!” Taehyung cheered, a huge smile spread across his face.

“Hey hyung,” Hoseok said as they walked to the hospital. “When did you guys get here? Why’d you come?”

“We were just coming to check in on you guys,” Jin replied. “We arrived late last night. Luckily the doctor called today. I’ve been dying to see how my baby brother is doing.”

“I hope he’s okay,” Taehyung replied, nodding his head.

“We all know he’ll be okay,” a voice said, startling the boy and making him turn to find his own brother and Min Yoongi making their way over.

“What are you guys doing here?” Taehyung asked as Namjoon pulled him into a hug.

“We came with Jin,” Namjoon replied, grinning. “He told us they were coming to see you guys. There was no way I’d miss out on checking up on my younger brother. And Yoongi came cause he didn’t want his two best friends leaving him out while they went to America.”

“And I’m worried about my best friend’s brother, of course,” Yoongi added, causing them to smile at him. “By the way, your brother is mad at you, Kim Taehyung.”

“W-what? Why?” Taehyung asked, turning on Namjoon and shaking nervously.

“You didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend,” Namjoon said with crossed arms. “I heard from Jin, not you yourself.”

“What? You have a boyfriend?” Jimin asked with a frown. “Who? How come I don’t know? I live with you!”

“Um, well... We didn’t want to bug you,” Taehyung said nervously, scratching the back of his head and staring at Jimin. “We... Um, Hoseok hyung and I, I mean, well... We decided to date...”

“WHAT?! SINCE WHEN?!” Jimin cried. “I hate you for not telling me!”

“I’m sorry,” Taehyung said, but Jimin ignored him and stomped ahead of them.

After that, everyone walked in silence to the hospital. As soon as they made it, Jimin rushed to the counter and demanded to see his boyfriend. The receptionist gave them directions to the room, causing Jimin to run ahead of them again. Once they made it to the room, Jimin ran right over to Jungkook and pulled him into a tight hug. Everyone watched as he cried into the boy’s chest.

Jungkook looked frail and very pale. He had big bags under his eyes and he definitely didn’t look as healthy as he did four months again. He was shocked to suddenly see everyone, but his expression changed as he turned his attention to the boy in his arms. His started crying as well as he hugged Jimin back, burying his face in Jimin’s shoulder. Everyone else just stood back and watched the two lovers.

“You jerk,” Jimin spat out with a hiccup. “I missed you so much! Why didn’t you contact me? I wanted to see you so badly. I wanted to hear your voice. I missed you, my Kookie.”

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook whispered, refusing to let go of him. “I wanted to see you so badly! I really did! I missed you so much, hyung. The doctors wouldn’t let me see anyone. I was so upset. I was dying, and it wasn’t from the cancer! I wanted you all with me!”

“Jimin too was slowly dying,” Taehyung said, walking over to the bed and letting the younger switch over to him to hug him. “He wouldn’t talk to us, or even leave the house. He stayed locked up his room, grieving the moments not being able to see you.”

“You need to take care of yourself, hyung,” Jungkook said with a pout.

“All he needed was to see you,” Jin said, walking over to his brother with a smile on his face.

“Hyung!” Jungkook cried as Jin tackled to the boy into a tight hug.

“Hey lil’ bro,” Jin said, ruffling his hair. “So what’s the news?”

“Well....”

Hello,” the doctor said, causing all of them to turn on him. “I’m glad you were all able to make it. I’m guessing you’re all wanting to know how Jungkook is doing.”

“What is he saying?” Jimin asked with a pout, causing Taehyung to slowly translate for everyone in the room.. He then turned to the doctor and told him to continue, translating everything his said.

“Jungkook’s treatment has ended, and it was a success,” the doctor continued. “He has been cured, because we caught his cancer at an early age. He’ll be able to live a long, healthy life. He no longer has pancreatitis, either. We did surgery on him. He will continue to have gastritis, but that’s nothing serious. We’re going to let Jungkook have a few more days of rest, and we’ll do a couple of last minute tests on him, and then we’ll let him go home.”

“Kookie’s healed?!” Jimin asked excitedly, a wide grin spreading across his face. “Thank god!”

 

...

 

“I’m so glad you were able to come home,” Jimin said as he and Jungkook sat at a table at Taehyung’s and Hoseok’s work. They were both watching as their two friends interacted with their customers.

“Me too,” Jungkook replied, nodding his head. “Wow, I can’t believe the two of them are dating! And they didn’t tell us, either!”

“I know,” Jimin said, shaking his head. “What lovely friends we have.”

“Seriously,” Jungkook said, stirring his coffee.

“You’re so pale,” Jimin stated, turning back on his boyfriend with a frown. “You’re super skinny, too.”

“I’ll get better, hyung,” Jungkook said with a small smile. “I just need a few weeks to heal fully.”

“I love you so much, do you know that?” Jimin said, leaning over the table to peck Jungkook on the lips. “I missed you.”

“Hyung, not in public,” Jungkook said, nervously looking around at the rest of the people in the shop.

“This is the first time I get to be with you in public since we started dating, Jeon Jungkook,” Jimin said, shaking his head. “I don’t care what people say or think. I want the whole world to know that Jeon Jungkook is mine and mine only! Especially if where we’re going to live. Our neighbors will know us as the sweet, adorable neighborhood couple.”

“Hyung,” Jungkook whined with a blush. The four of them all decided to live in L.A. instead of going back to Korea with Jin and the Parks.  “Hyung, what are we going to do while we live here? We don’t have a highschool education.. Really. So what will we do?”

“We can find fulltime jobs? Or do online schooling,” Jimin replied, shrugging his shoulders. “Or we can try and get into school here. Do parttime on the side to help out Taehyung and Hoseok with the rent. At least we’re just paying for a two bedroom apartment. Everything more would be just way too much for us to pay for.”

“Won’t your parents worry?” Jungkook asked him.

“They.. They’re okay with us being here,” Jimin said, shaking his head. “Besides, I think we will be able to live a good life.”

“Hyung-”

“Trust me, Kookie,” Jimin said with a smile. “Everything will be different now. Everything will be better.”

“Hyung-”

“I love you, Kookie,” Jimin said, pulling Jungkook into a deep, passionate kiss. Jungkook hesitatnly kissed back, slowly forgetting about the other people in the shop and only focusing on his boyfriend and their kiss. He could say he was finally, truly happy with the turn his life has taken.

“I love you too,” Jungkook whispered as soon as they broke the kiss. “Thank you for coming into my world.”

“You’re the one who came into my world,” Jimin said with a smile. “And you were the one to change me. You’re the one to thank, my love. Never ever leave my side.”

“I’ll never leave you, Jimin,” Jungkook said, before kissing him first this time. “That’s a promise I’m positive I can keep this time.”   


END!

A/N Annyeong readers, it is the end :/ Thank you all so much for sticking with me and being patient with me. I know I always take for ever to post, and I know this story was short. I'm sorry! But I'm so so so so thankful and glad that you all read this and enjoyed it! This was my first official Jikook story and I'm so glad I was able to write it! I hope you guys all loved it to the very end! Please leave a comment and tell me how much you liked it!! And if you want another Jikook story, please check out my new story on my original account, I Am Park Jimin.It will defintiely be longer than this one and I'll defintely have a better plot planned out. Hopefully you'll like it just as much or even more than this one!! Please give it a lot of support!! Thank you!! I love you all!!! <3