014 | the proposal; onfany

Love Bits | Oneshot Compilation (15/80)

 

Title: The Proposal

Pairing: Onew/Tiffany

Romance, PG- 13, ~1, 065w

Written by: silentbunny11

>> Requested by onfanylove. I was not able to write the long passionate kiss you’ve wanted though! Hahahaha I at writing those things, tbh. I hope you like it nonetheless^^

 

He loves her and only that matters.

 

*   *   *   *

 

 

Tiffany felt like this year was the worst.

Her mother got sick and she’s living not too long so she did her best to spend more time with her now. She got some absences from work because of it, and the next thing she knew, her boss already had warned her she’s going to lose her job if she’s going to keep that one up. Losing her job would also mean more problems for her father to pay all of their bills and he’s old, and Tiffany knew it’s going to be a big burden for him. That’s why she’s trying to keep up with her job, she must not lose it or else. But there was this new co- worker from the office and she’s acting all y. Tiffany didn’t want to mind her but she’s really getting in her nerve. Anyone would be pissed off, really, by her. Just imagine the whole day hearing complaints about almost everything directly from her—and also making big issues even out of small things.

The list would just go on, and it’s not doing her any good.

Tiffany sighed heavily as she plumped herself on the nearby bench beside the sidewalk. Facing the street, Tiffany saw a lot of people passing by. She was nearly close on giving up but the thought about different things people would go through—and also thinking that they might be even some who were at worse situation than she’s in—and in some ways it would keep her from losing hope. Everyone has hope anyway, as long as you believe there is.

But those dark thoughts would still haunt her.

“I’m so tired from being a disappointment all the time.” Tiffany muttered, even slouching more at her seat.

“Miyoung,” she heard a (very) familiar voice and she knew immediately that it was him since there was only one man who calls her by the name ‘Miyoung’.

“Jinki-oppa,” she called him. Even just by mentioning his name, Tiffany quickly felt relieved and in some ways, happier than her usual state. “Why are you here?”

Onew gave her his usual smile and went to take a seat beside her, “Same question goes for you. What makes you sit on this bench?”

“Hmm. Just tired.”

“I’m tired, too. Let’s ditch our appointments for the afternoon, can we?”

“Haha. Funny. How can a supervisor like you ditch an appointment? Besides, you’re a workaholic and I promise I’ll treat you ice cream if ever you’ll ditch once.” She told him.

“Hmm.. I guess I’ll be having my ice cream now.” Onew announced, wearing a wide grin on his face.

“Eh?”

 

 

“Yah, seriously?” Tiffany muttered in surprise as they entered the fancy restaurant. “God, I feel so ugly. You should have told me we’re going in a cozy restaurant so at least I could prepare. I’m just wearing jeans, you know.”

“Eh? But you’re beautiful with anything you wear, Miyoung. There’s no need for you to wear overpriced clothing just to look beautiful.” Onew told her as he reached for her hand and locked his hand with it. “So, shall we?”

Tiffany arrived at an open place, with a balcony overlooking through the sea. At the side were musicians, playing some classical music that sounded so good in her ears. At the center laid a table for two, with romantic candles lighted in the middle of the table.

They both went for the table, and Tiffany took her seat—Onew pushing back the chair for her to sit, being the gentleman he usually is.

“I love it here.” Tiffany commented as she sat back.

“Me, too.”

 

 

It was a usual date—they talked about things, laughed at Onew’s lame jokes, and even reminisced about the epic memories they have shared.

After a few moments, Onew stood up and asked for a dance.

Tiffany put her hands around his neck as Onew’s hands found its way around her waist. They danced along with the slow music, Tiffany stepping on Onew’s foot every now and then since she was never the good dancer while Onew would just laugh it off, sometimes he would or pretend that it hurts a lot.

 

She just looked into his eyes dreamily and Onew would just look down at her, staring back into her eyes. They were perfect, the loveliest couple. They were together for three years now, and they loved each other so much, no doubt.

It was not a wonder when Onew surprisingly knelt in front of her in the middle of their dancing. Tiffany gaped in shock as she witnessed her boyfriend pulling out a ring from his pocket. But almost awkwardly, Onew looked into her eyes and asked the words, “Will you marry me, Miyoung?”

“Eh? Is that even a question? Of course, I will!” Tiffany shrieked out, pulling him up , and gave him a tight hug.

Tiffany had always thought if ever Onew is going to propose. Or if ever they’re already the ones right for each other. Tiffany had even thought how it’s going to feel like—if she’ll feel more on teary or not, those things. But her present situation and problems immediately echoed at the back of her head, haunting her. Her job is in great danger, her debts are getting bigger, and her mental, emotional, and physical health is starting to get weaker. A lot of awful things were happening in her life right now and she remembered this proposal was only the happy thing.

“but…”

Tiffany let go of him slowly this time with a sad look on her face. “But I don’t deserve you, Jinki.”

“Hey, what do you mean? Don’t think that—”

Tiffany immediately cut him off by pushing her pointer finger across his lips.

She sighed heavily before saying, “I.. I am such a disappointment. A lot of bad things happened to me this year. I’m not capable of putting up with your performance. You’re good while I’m not. You’re almost reaching the top while I’m going down day after day. I’m… I’m no good, you know.”

“Hey, that’s not true. Besides, how does it matter with our relationship? There’s no connection at all.” Onew assured her, holding her face by his hands as he tried to stare into her eyes.

“I love you, and only that matters, alright?” he whispered.

He pulled her in for a kiss. It was sweet, Tiffany decided, like their first. It has always been sweet, his kisses. They were never asking for more, just that innocent love they both shared.

“I love you, too.”

 

*    *    *    *

Graphics by baekyeolja | tumblr

i'm sad there are only a few onfany shippers (i ship onfany, myself) and there are only a few graphics for them. i found this birthday meme, and thought it suit best /sighs/ i hope there would be more onfany graphics in the future!^^ and if ever, if ever the owner read this, please comment so i can credit your work properly, thanks!^^

send your requests nao, dear readers! don't forget to be creative!^^ and yes, please comment 'i requested' below, alright? thanks!~