Chapter 9

When Life Offered Me Super Junior

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

“So, you hate me that much, huh?”

I looked beside me, and WTH. Yesung the irritating jerk is there. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE??!” OK, I EXPLODED. “ARE YOU MY STALKER?”

“Of course not. Do I look like a stalker to you?”

“THEN, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”

“Calm down, calm down.” He picked up my broken cell phone and handed it to me. “Look at what you did to your phone.”

“SHUT UP.” I shoved his hand away, and hopped on the bus. I buried my face in my bag as I sat down on the seat. “You’re irritating! You’re irritating! I hate you! I hate you! I HATE YOU YESUNG!”

“If words could kill, I’ll probably be dead right now.” He suddenly appeared beside my seat. He was standing because there wasn’t any seat left unoccupied. “Or double dead, perhaps.”

I hit him with my bag. “I hate you! Go away! Just. . . Just. . . DISAPPEAR!”

He shrugged his shoulders in a teasing manner, but for me, it looked annoying. Everything he does is annoying in my eyes!

“Hey, your ears are red.” He commented, but I ignored him I am too irritated to open my mouth.

Yes, my ears turn red whenever I am irritated, embarrassed, or in this case, angry. Kyuhyun noticed that when I was four, when he played a little prank on me by hiding my favorite teddy bear.

Throughout the whole bus ride, my face looked weird. I was grimacing since I am so irritated with Yesung’s presence beside me, and I hate the fact that I destroyed my cellphone because of him. Now, I have to buy a new one with my allowance. Or if possible, I’ll ask Appa for a new one. I really am a genius, aren’t I?

Yesung suddenly held my hand, and pulled me up. “Let’s go.”

“YAH! Let me go!” I shouted, not caring about the people around us, as he pulled me. “Ajushi, please help me!” I told the guy on the front seat. “This guy is crazy!”

“Hey, Mister.” Ajushi said.

Yesung looked at him. “Me?”

“Yes. Let go of that young lady, I don’t think she knows you.” Thank you ajushi! I love you! I promise, when I see you again, I’ll treat you to a very fancy restaurant just in case this crazy guy holding my hand lets me go.

Yesung smiled at Ajushi, let go of my hand, and then wrapped his arm around my shoulders. WTH? “Ajushi, this girl is my girlfriend. We’re just in the middle of a misunderstanding right now, I’m sorry for bothering you.”

“Is that so?” Ajushi said; he seemed convinced. “Settle that quickly, ok? Youngsters these days.”

“Yes, Sir. I’m sorry and thank you.” Yesung bowed at Ajushi. Ajushi, this irritating jerk is not my boyfriend! He will never be my boyfriend!

“Ajushi! He isn’t tell—” before I could finish my sentence, Yesung pulled me out of the bus. “WHAT THE HELL, YESUNG!” I shouted, as I removed his hands around my shoulders.

“Aigoo, my girlfriend is mad at me~” he pinched my cheeks.

“YAH!” I shoved his hand away. “DON’T TOUCH ME. I’M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND I WILL NEVER BE.”

“Araseo.” He said with a smile. He held my cardigan and pulled me. So literally, he was pulling my cardigan.

“WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?” I shouted, as I struggled to remove his grip on my cardigan, but to no success. I have to endure this. Or I have to punch him, both eyes so that he would look like Jeremy the panda. (My good-for-nothing ex.) But they are still in the middle of promotions, and Leeteuk oppa might get mad at me for messing with their oh-so-awesome lead vocal’s face. Yes, Leeteuk is the only one I call oppa. I am so biased, right? Anyways, I can’t use violence. Endure it for a little while, Gyuri.

“I’m hungry.” He simply said.

“Then what does that have to do with me?”

“Let’s eat dinner.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Fine. Treat me to dinner.”

Out of irritation, I removed my cardigan and faced him with the what-the-hell look. “You’re crazy, aren’t you?”

“Ani.” His expression was blank. “I’m serious. Treat me to dinner.”

“SERIOUSLY?!” I closed my eyes, but I can’t help it. I am about to explode in 3. .2. . “WHAT THE HELL, YESUNG? WHAT DO YOU WANT? YOU’RE NOT YET DONE IRRITATING ME, AREN’T YOU? AFTER FLOODING ME WITH TEXT MESSAGES, FOLLOWING ME INSIDE THE BUS, WRAPPING YOUR ARMS AROUND MY SHOULDERS AND TELLING THAT AJUSHI THAT I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND, AND THEN DRAGGING ME HERE, TO TREAT YOU DINNER, WHAT ELSE? WHAT THE HELL, YOU’RE MESSING WITH MY LIFE!” I threw my bag on the ground, and stepped on it. I don’t care whether my notes or what so ever is in there. I just need to let out my anger on something before I punch this annoying jerk. I grabbed my cardigan from his hands then buried my face in it. I held it tight, like I am about to tear it apart, as I shouted my heart out.

I looked at Yesung while catching my breath.

“You done?” he simply asked. “You can use my coat if you want to step on something, just in case.”

“Are you for real?” I asked him, and then walked out of the scene.

As I walked, the heel of my stiletto broke. WHAT THE HELL. Damn this life. I removed both of my stilettos and walked on my bare feet. The ground is quite cold, but I have to endure it.

Stupid Yesung. Do not ever, ever try to follow me or you will regret it.

--

“Kyuhyun pick up. .” I muttered under my breath as I held onto the phone tightly. I am inside a telephone booth right now, in the busy streets of Seoul. It’s already 10PM, and I am still out here in the cold without a cell phone, a wallet and a shoe. Damn, damn, damn my life.

After several sings, Kyuhyun didn’t answer the phone. Aish, I almost forgot. They have a scheduled appearance on SuKiRa tonight. Babo, silly me. I guess I have to walk my way home.

Frustrated, I hung the telephone back to its place. I picked up my broken stilettos from the ground and exited the booth.

Seriously, I look like a homeless person right now. And all of that thanks to Yesung. I feel cold, and hungry. Yeah, still because of Yesung.

I sat down on the nearest bench, and without any warning, tears started to blur my vision. I am so irritated right now! If it wasn’t because of Yesung, I will be lying on my bed comfortably right now. I don’t even know where my bag is, and my cardigan. I left them there without thinking. Aish, I’m an idiot! I should’ve picked them up before I walked out. Maybe that jerk just left my things there. AISH! Seriously, what did I do to deserve these kinds of things?

“DAMN THIS LIFE!” I shouted in English, before I buried my face in my hands and started to cry hard.

“G-gyuri-ssi?” I looked up, and saw Kibum. His eyebrows were raised as he stared at me. “What happened?”

“Ugh. . .” I struggled to find the right words to say as I wiped away my tears. “I just died?”

He laughed gently as he walked towards me. He offered me his handkerchief. “Here, take my handkerchief. Don’t use your hands.”

“I’m ok, don’t mind me.” I refused to use his handkerchief and continued to wipe away my tears with my hands.

“You really are stubborn,” he cupped my face with his right hand, and wiped away the tears in my cheeks. “A girl like you should never cry. Ok?” I just nodded. He handed me some fish cake. “Here, eat this. I bet you’re hungry.”

“Thanks,” I gladly stuffed some of it in my mouth. “What are you doing here?”

He removed his jacket and then wrapped it around my shoulders. “You might be cold, you can use that.”

“But what about you? Use it instead, I’m fine.”

“Your lips say the opposite. Your lips are shaking a while ago.” He smiled.

I just nodded. “So, what are you doing here?”

“I was walking around; I was bored at the dorms. No one to talk to, you know.” He looked at the stars, and then he looked at me. “What about you? What happened? Why were you shouting? Why are you barefooted? Why are you crying?”

“Easy, easy,” I swallowed the fish cake inside my mouth. “Do not ambush me with questions.”

“Here,” he handed me a bottle of water.

“Thanks,” I said, and then chugged down half of the water inside the bottle in one go. “I’ll answer them one by one. What happened?” I stood up, and gestured for him to look at me from head to toe. “I guess it explains what happened. Next. Why were you shouting? I was irritated with everything that happened today. I mean, look at me. I look like a homeless person right now, right?”

He chuckled as he shook his head. “You’re too decent for a homeless person. You’re even wearing a dress.”

I shook my head in amusement. “Are you trying to make me feel better?”

“Is it that obvious?”

“A bit?” I laughed gently. “Thank you, Kibum-ssi.”

“No problem. You’re my dongsaeng’s little sister,” he ruffled my hair. “So, I guess you’re my dongsaeng?” he smiled. “Don’t worry, oppa is here.”

I pouted. “Why does everyone want to be my oppa? What’s so special about that word?”

He chuckled. “So, Sungmin hyung is right. You really don’t like to call someone oppa, huh?”

“Only Leeteuk oppa.” I bit my lower lip. “And maybe. . . You?”

He pointed at his self. “Me? Why me?”

“Because. . .” I looked down. “You came here to my rescue, and saw me in my most devastated state ever. So, I guess, thank you, o-oppa.”

With that ‘oppa’ thing, I just used the US thing as an excuse with Sungmin. For me, oppa is something that I seldom use, and only with the people I trust with all my heart. But Kyuhyun is an exception. Yes, I trust him, but he’s just too evil to be called oppa. And besides, he has his fans that call him oppa, right? He should be contented with that number of screaming fangirls and not want more from me.

Kibum smiled, and then stood up. “Let’s go home together?”

I nodded, and stood up, too. “Araseo oppa. Let’s go.” I started walking, but I noticed that he didn’t even move an inch. I raised an eyebrow as I eyed him. “Wae? What’s wrong oppa?”

“You really are going to go home barefooted?”

I nodded. “Yes. I don’t have my wallet with me right now. I left it somewhere with that annoying person, together with my bag and my broken phone, and I don’t know if he brought them home. I can’t even afford to buy myself a pair of slippers, just in case there are any here in Korea. I just managed to borrow some coins so that I can use the telephone booth.” I looked at him. “Don’t pity me. I did it out of irritation.”

He smiled as he walked towards me. “Aigoo~” He ruffled my hair. “Yah. Just in case you’re irritated, call me, ok? Shout at me, curse me even in English. Just don’t do that to yourself again, ok?”

“I don’t have a phone. . .”

“When you buy one, of course. Or,” he got something from his pocket. “You can have this,” he handed me a small plushie. “That was for my sister. But since you are now my dongsaeng, you can have that. Just squish it or do anything you want with it when you’re irritated. Just don’t destroy it, ok?”

I nodded, as I happily held the plushie. “Ok. Thank you.”

“You’re very much welcome.” He suddenly squatted in front of me. “Get on my back, I’ll carry you.”

“But, opp—”

“No more but’s. Just get on.”

I nodded and then awkwardly got on his back.

“Your back feels warm. . .” I commented, as I rested my head on his back.

He sure reminds me of someone. Someone special.