Chapter 4

When Life Offered Me Super Junior

 

Chapter 4

 

 

“You’re one moody girl, huh?” Sungmin said, as we entered the dorm.

“Yes, I am.” I pulled my luggage in. I looked around, and raised my eyebrow. The apartment isn’t that big. How can ten men fit in here?

“I know what you’re thinking.” I looked at Sungmin, and he smiled. “The others live on the next floor.”

Is Sungmin a mind reader?

“I’m not a mind reader, Gyuri. I just know those kinds of looks.” He shrugged his shoulders as he inserted his hands in his pockets. He looked at me with that innocent look on his face.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Where would I stay?”

“You’ll stay with Alex, Donghae’s little brother slash sister.”  WHAT? I gave him a seriously-what-are-you-talking-about look. He laughed gently. “Okay, I know you think I’m crazy. I’m not.” He smiled. “That’s how she introduced herself to us. Or should I say how Donghae and Henry introduced her to us, as Donghae’s little ‘brother’,”

I frowned. “Who’s Henry?” Why does he keep on mentioning names of people who I don’t know? It frustrates me.

“Henry Lau is the Chinese member of our sub-group, Super Junior M.”

“Okay. Where’s the room?” He pointed at the room’s door. I entered the room, and OH MY GOD.

The room was full of Hello Kitty stuffs. Seriously, even though I’m a girly girl, I don’t like Hello Kitty that much. And there are these posters of five guys on the wall. One of them is very good-looking for me — the one with the six-pack abs. There’s something like DBSK and TVXQ written on it. I really don’t know. Well, I shouldn’t mind these stuffs. These things aren’t mine. I quickly put my luggage beside the desk, and went out. I’ll just arrange my things later.

“You’re done already?” Sungmin asked, as soon as he saw me step out of the room. He was sitting on the sofa, probably playing with his phone.

I raised my eyebrow as I take a look at my wristwatch. “I guess?”

“Then,” He stood up, placed his phone inside his pocket and then looked at me. “Let’s go.” He walked towards the door and went outside.

--

“Cheers!”

I lamely raised my glass up.

Well, after their very successful comeback at Music Bank, and after I brought my luggage home, we all went to a noraebang to eat dinner and grab a drink with Kibum since they rarely see him these days. It’s obvious that they really miss him.

And Kyuhyun is paranoid. He won’t allow me to drink even a glass of Soju! He just gave me a glass of Coke to drink. He even sat beside me just to make sure I won’t drink! Ugh. Where’s the life of the party if you won’t drink? Do I look and act like a little girl? I can handle myself.

“Kyuhyun won’t let you drink?” I looked beside me, and saw Yesung holding a glass of Coke. He wasn’t looking at me, instead, he was staring at his glass while shaking it a little.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I rolled my eyes, and then drank the Coke straight. I sighed.

He offered me another glass. I grabbed it, and he raised his glass up. “Cheers?”

I smiled, as I raised my glass up, too. “Cheers.” I took a sip on my glass, and then looked at him. He’s just drinking a glass of Coke. “You don’t drink?”

He shrugged. “I seldom drink.”

“Why?”

“I don’t like the taste of alcohol, it tastes weird.”

“Why weird? It tastes good!”

He smiled, as he ate the chips in front of us. “You are weird.”

“No, I’m not. You are!”

“Why am I weird?”

“Because you’re a guy, and you don’t drink.”

“And why is that weird?”

“I just find it weird.”

“Why do you find it weird?”

“I don’t know.” I drank the whole glass straight again.

“Girls like you shouldn’t drink. You know.”

“Why?”

“You don’t know how to handle yourself properly when you’re drunk. You might get in trouble.”

“Yes, I can. And besides, I don’t get drunk easily.”

“I don’t believe you.” Yesung smirked.

“Then don’t. No one’s stopping you.” I said, and then crossed my arms.

“Ill-tempered, huh?” he looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

“That’s because you’re so annoying, Yesung.”

“Gyuri,” Kyuhyun glared at me, as he butted in.

“What?!” I asked innocently.

He rolled his eyes, as he drank his glass.

“Hey! Why can’t I drink?”

“Because you’re twenty.”

“And so? I am of the right age,”

“But you’re grounded.”

“Kyuhyu—”

“PERIOD.”

“Ugh! I hate you!” I said with a pout, as I crossed my arms.

“Here,” I looked up, and saw Leeteuk offering me a drink.

“Hyung, don’t give her a dri—“

“Whatever, Kyu!” I said, and then grabbed the glass Leeteuk offered me, then smiled. “Thank you, oppa~”

“Now you’re calling me oppa.” Leeteuk smirked, and patted my head.

“Gyuri, don’t drink too much, okay?” Kibum said, and then smiled. “Or else, you’ll look like these guys.” He pointed at the others who were obviously drunk. Eunhyuk was singing impossible high notes, and Sungmin was standing beside Eunhyuk, singing with him. Ryeowook and Heechul were dancing like crazy beside them.

“They are crazy.” I said, and then smirked.

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun said. “Just like yo—”

“Stop.” I gestured for Kyuhyun to stop. “Don’t talk to me. I’m still mad at you.” I finished my glass, and quickly walked out of the room.

Seriously, I still feel bad towards Kyuhyun.

FIRST. He grounds me.

SECOND. He makes me live with him and these crazy guys.

THIRD. He wouldn’t allow me to drink even a glass of Soju!

Seriously?! I know I’m a brat. I always get what I want. That’s what I’m used to.

Yes. I’m a brat. Gyuri the brat.

--

“Gyu, let’s talk.” I looked behind me, and saw Kyuhyun, standing by the door. His arms were crossed and his eyes looked gentle as he stared at me.

After we went home, I quickly went to the rooftop together with my iPod. I drowned myself with ballad music as I looked at the night sky. There are lots of stars, and the view was wonderful. It was my first time after three years to see the nightlights here in South Korea. I wanted to calm myself down, so that I can face Kyuhyun later. But he ruined my moment. Great. Just great.

I ignored him, and turned the volume of the music louder.

“Gyuri, listen to me.” He sat beside me.

I didn’t mind him, and swayed my head. I don’t hear him. I can’t hear him. He held my shoulders, and made me face him. He started talking, but I can’t hear what he’s saying. I just smiled, and started to sing the lyrics. “Rolling in the deep~”

Kyuhyun sighed. He removed the earphones, and then grabbed my iPod.

“Hey!” I tried my very best to get my iPod from him, but he held it way up high. “Give me my iPod!”

“Listen to me first!”

“NO!”

“Then, no iPod.”

“You’re evil!” I said with a smirk.

He smirked. “I know.”

“Give me my iPod, Kyuhyun!”

He stood up, and then ran around the rooftop. “Catch me first.”

“Ugh!” I ran after him. “Give it to me!”

“Talk to me first!”

“I am talking to you already! What do you want?!”

Kyuhyun is starting to irritate me again. He suddenly stopped, and walked towards me. “I’m sorry, okay?”

“Wow. You’re saying sorry? For what? I thought you’re evil.” I crossed my arms as I looked at him. “And besides, I don’t even know why you’re saying sorry. Or, for which thing you are saying sorry. You did a lot of things that I did not like, Mr. I-am-evil-but sometimes-nice.”

He sighed. “Okay, okay. Mr. I-am-evil-but sometimes-nice is saying sorry to Miss I-am-not-nice-when-you-irritate-me.” He walked towards me. “I’m sorry for not telling you that you’re going to live with me. I was supposed to tell you, but Shindong and Donghae got ahead of me, and told you. So, I guess that’s it.”

“You really in apologizing, Kyuhyun.” I nodded, and then looked at him with a blank expression.

He sighed. “How many times am I going to tell you that it’s ‘oppa’, not Kyuhyun!”

“You want me to call you ‘oppa’ when you don’t even call them ‘hyung’? In your dreams. Mehrong~”

“Gyuri!”

“Kyuhyun!”

“It’s ‘oppa’!”

“Call them ‘hyung’ first!”

“No way.”

“Then, I won’t, Kyuhyun~”

“Hey!” I ran around the rooftop, and Kyuhyun chased me. Just like the old times, when we were still little.

I lay down on the ground, and counted the stars. Kyuhyun lay down beside me.

“Gyu.”

“What?”

“When was your last visit?”

“2008, I guess.”

“May, right?”

“Nope. July. Ahra unnie’s birthday, idiot.”

“Don’t call me idiot, Gyu.”

“Then what, stupid?” I smirked.

“You’re evil,”

“Yeah. Just like you.”

He laughed gently. “Now, tell me. Why did you do those things?”

“Which?”

“Those things. The reason why you got grounded.”

“Oh, that.”

“Would you mind telling me?”

“Where should I start?”

“From the very beginning.”

I nodded. “Ok.. So, I haven’t told you anything about Jeremy, right?”

“Who’s he?”

“Well, we had a mutual understanding.”

“Then?”

“He’s really sweet, caring. A gentleman, and I liked him. But there isn’t any commitment.”

“Is that even possible? No commitment at all?”

“Isn’t it obvious? Anyway. We were like that for two months.. And that’s when I found out that everything was just part of a bet. And he ended everything in an instant.”

“So, he fooled you?”

“Yeah, sort of. But there isn’t any commitment, you know. He told me I was too vulnerable, and I was easy to fool. And he told me that I am an idiot. I would never want someone like him to call me an idiot without a reason! That’s when I punched him. I gave him two black eyes. You should’ve seen his face!”

Kyuhyun laughed. “So, you didn’t cry?”

“Of course I did! But not mostly because of the bet thing. But because he called me ‘idiot’.”

“That’s my little sis.” Kyuhyun said, and smiled.

“I’m not little anymore!”

“Whatever. But, seriously. Tell me, what did you feel after knowing the truth? That everything was just a bet?”

“Of course I felt bad. I was hurt, you know. You don’t know what it feels to be part of a bet, to be played with. It really hurts for my part. That’s when I learned to drink. And I discovered that I don’t get drunk easily! I really am a genius, aren’t I?”

He hit my forehead. “Idiot. That isn’t a good thing!”

I rubbed my forehead with a pout. “Which is?”

“That you don’t get drunk easily. You’re a girl, you shouldn’t drink.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.” He just laughed, and we both turned silent. He sat up, and then looked at me. “Let’s go back to the dorms. It’s getting colder up here.” He stood up, and offered me his hand. He smiled at me.

I smirked. “Piggy back ride!”

--