Chapter 5

When Life Offered Me Super Junior

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

“Gyuri, wake up.”

I quickly covered my face with the blanket and faced the other side of the bed. “Five more minutes,” Give me more time to sleep, Hyesub!

“Okay, take your time.”

WAIT. That’s not the usual answer I receive every morning.

I opened my eyes, and stood up from my bed. I saw a girl with short hair standing by the desk. She was arranging some things, and then she suddenly faced me.

She smiled. “Oh, I thought you want to sleep more?”

I shrugged. “I’m awake, I guess.”

She nodded and smiled. “Well, good morning!”

I awkwardly smiled. “Uhm.. Hi? May I know who you are?”

“I’m Alex. Alex Lee.” She offered her hand for a handshake.

I awkwardly shook her hand. “I’m Gyuri. Are you Donghae’s brother slash sister?”

She nodded with a smile. “Yep, you’re right. Nice to meet you, Gyuri.”

I stood up, and smiled. “Nice to meet you, too, Alex. I’ll go outside now. Thanks for waking me up.”

She nodded. “No problem.”

I went out of the room and OHMYGOD.

All of them were walking back and forth in front of me, getting things here and there and everywhere. There were unknown people inside the room, probably their managers, who were walking around the dorm and talking through their phones. Some of them were eating, and some of them were watching TV. And some were just.. Nevermind.

How can this dorm be so chaotic in the morning? I thought the others live on the next floor? How come they’re all here? I am so getting a headache.

“Good morning!” Sungmin suddenly appeared in front of me. He smiled at me.

I frowned. “Nothing is good.”

“Why? Hangover?”

“I didn’t drink last night. Maybe you’re the one who has hangover.”

He suddenly pouted. “Yeah~ My head really hurts.”

“Drink some water.” I walked towards the refrigerator, and got a bottle of water and handed it to him.

He smiled. “Thanks.” He opened the bottle and quickly drank the water.

“Gyu, we’re leaving,” I saw Kyuhyun walking towards me, holding a jacket with his bag slung on his shoulder. He kissed my cheek and headed to the door together with their manager.

“Bye Gyuri~ bye Alex!” the others shouted before leaving the dorm.

So, yeah. Sungmin, Ryeowook, Yesung, Alex and I were left in the dorm. Awkward silence filled the room, and no one dared to speak.

Sungmin suddenly cleared his throat, and then looked at me. “Let’s eat breakfast together, Gyuri.” he pulled me towards the dining table. I awkwardly nodded and let him pull me.

We both ate breakfast awkwardly. He kept on smiling at me, and I would just smile back at him awkwardly. He’s cute, but I don’t know why his aegyo wouldn’t work on me. He’s not the kind of cute that can make me go mushy and sweet just like how I am with the twins the other day. And besides, he’s too old.

“Stop acting cute, Sungmin.” Yesung suddenly said, as he joined us. He sat beside Sungmin, with a cup of coffee in his hands. “It doesn’t work on Gyuri.”

Sungmin pouted. “I’m not. It’s natural, you know.”

“But it’s freaking me out! You’re creepy.”

Sungmin grimaced. “I’m not cute!”

“Yes, you are. Ask Gyuri.” They both looked at me, and I gulped. What is this all about?  Why am I suddenly dragged into their conversation?

“What?” I asked innocently.

They looked at each other, and chuckled.

“What?!” I asked again, clueless of what’s happening. Seriously, why are they laughing? I’m such a clueless cat!

“Never mind.” Yesung said, and then smirked. He stirred his coffee and took a sip.

“Don’t you have anything to do today?” I asked, changing the topic. They both shook their heads. “Why?”

“What ‘why’?” Yesung asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Why don’t you have anything to do today?”

“For now, none. Later, we’re going to perform,”

“So I’ll be alone tonight?”

“Maybe. But Kibum’s on the next floor. You can stay there if you want, or you can ask him to stay here with you.” Sungmin said, and then stood up. He went to the cabinets, and got a small box. He went back to sit on the table as he opened the box. “Want some peppero?”

I shook my head as I waved my hand. “No, thank you.”

Yesung suddenly laughed. We both looked at him.

“Why are you laughing, hyung?” Sungmin asked him while munching on the peppero in his hands. “You look like a crazy person.”

He composed his expression. “I just remembered something about Gyuri.”

I instantly looked up upon hearing my name. “Something about me?”

He nodded. “I just remembered that you had a crush on Kibum before.”

Sungmin suddenly laughed. “Oh, that! I remember that!”

“She was like, ‘where’s Kibum oppa? I want to see his smile before I leave’,” Yesung said in a weird voice, trying to sound like agirl, but he just looked and sounded stupid.

I blushed out of embarrassment. How did they know? That was ages ago!

*Flashback

“Oppa!” I said with a pout as I held onto Kyuhyun’s sleeves. “Where’s Kibum oppa? I told you to come here today with him! Why did you bring those people instead?” I pointed at the two members behind him.

I am going to leave for US with my cousin, Hyesub. Another school year is about to start, and I can’t miss it. Vacation is almost over. And I don’t like it. I haven’t seen my Kibum oppa yet!

“Gyu, I’m sorry! Kibum hyung is a bit busy today,” he apologized, but I didn’t mind him.

I crossed my arms. “I hate you! I told you I want to see Kibum oppa’s smile before I leave! I hate you!” I hit his arms continuously as I pouted. I hate him! I won’t be able to see Kibum oppa in years!

“But Gyur—”

I pushed him away and quickly went to our mom, dad, and Ahra unnie to say goodbye, and left with Hyesub.

*End of Flashback

I threw every little thing I can at them. “Y-yah! Stop it!” And I was very young back then! I didn’t know what I was thinking! I was still innocent! Can’t little girls have crushes on guys with a beautiful smile?

“You’re blushing, Gyuri!” Sungmin said, as he pointed at me.

“I-I’m not!” I held my cheeks, and felt it. My cheeks are hot, and this is not good. I really am blushing.

“And you’re stuttering. Guilty.” Yesung pretended to shoot me with a gun, and then blew his fingers. He smirked.

I just puffed my cheeks as I crossed my arms. “Okay! I’m guilty! I admit it. I had a crush on Kibum before. But that was ‘had’, so it means that it is already over! I mean, it’s just like a simple crush! Like admiration! Nothing more!”

“So you’ll be alone with Kibum tonight?” Yesung raised his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

“W-what about Alex?” I nervously asked, trying to divert their attention onto other matters. “Is she going out?”

“Oh, yeah. Alex would be staying as well. I guess you won’t have some time alone with our Kibummie, huh?”

“And so? I’ll be fine with Alex.” I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever you say,” Yesung said in a sarcastic tone, like he doesn’t believe me. And I hate those kinds of looks. Am I not a trustworthy person? I am pissed off right now.

“What are you trying to say, Yesung? That you don’t believe me?” I raised my eyebrow as I looked at him.

Yesung’s amused expression suddenly changed into a cofused one. “No, Gyuri. It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s just th—”

“It’s just what? Tell me! What is your problem with me, Yesung?”

“What is your problem, Gyuri? A while ago, you weren’t taking my jokes seriously! But now, I just can’t understand you!”

“So you think those are all jokes?!”

“YES!”

I stood up from my seat, and glared at him. “You!” I pointed at him. “You’re annoying! You’re irritating! Just.. UGH! I HATE YOU!” I walked out, and headed to our room.

“Hey, Gyu,” Sungmin called, but I didn’t mind him.

“Just let her, Sungmin. She’s immature. Really a spoiled brat.”

I slammed the door hard, hard enough for it to break.

“THERE! LOOK AT WHAT SHE DID!” I heard another door close. “She’s irritating me! Very childish!”

I bit my lip as I leaned against the wall.

“Ugh.. Gyuri?”

I looked up, and saw Alex looking at me with a confused expression. “Is there any problem?”

--

 

Yesung’s POV

“You’re annoying! You’re irritating! Just.. UGH! I HATE YOU!” Gyuri stood up, and walked out.

Tss. What a brat!

“Hey, Gyu,” Sungmin called, but she ignored him.

“Just let her, Sungmin. She’s immature. Really a spoiled brat.”

She closed the door really hard.

WHAT THE?! Girl, where are your manners?! Now I believe that you really are Kyuhyun’s younger sister.

“There! Look at what she did!” I entered my room, and closed the door really hard. “She is irritating me! Very childish!”

I mean, at first I tried to be very nice to her, like an angel with a halo. After all, she’s Kyuhyun’s sister, and she’s going to live with us. But her attitude! She’s really moody and unpredictable! And I can’t take it. She’s too hard to handle.

“Hyung,” the door opened, and Sungmin entered. “What was that all about?”

“She is irritating. I don’t know if I will be able to live with that kind of person.”

 

“Try to understand her, hyung. I think she’s emotionally weak, and is just trying to put up a strong front.”

She’s emotionally weak, and is just trying to put up a strong front. Sungmin’s words stayed on my mind. What is he trying to say? “What do you mean?”

“Remember what Kyuhyun told us the other day? When he told us about Gyuri.”

*Flashback

“My dearest hyungs,” Kyuhyun started, after he gathered all of us in the living room because he has some important announcement to say. Is he going to marry Alex?

My eyes widened after hearing him call us ‘his dearest hyungs’. Donghae choked with what he’s eating, and Siwon spitted his coke at Shindong.

“S-sorry,” Siwon apologized, and Shindong just nodded as he wiped his face with a towel.

“W-what did you just call us?” Donghae asked, trying to process the fact that Kyuhyun called us ‘hyung’.

Kyuhyun smirked. “My dearest hyungs. You’re not dreaming, you heard me right.”

Okay.. I smell something fishy..

“K-kyu, did you just read the Bible? Thank you Jesus!” Siwon shouted as he clapped his hands.

“Oh, shut up, Siwon.” Kyuhyun said, smiled. Evil smile.

Okay. I get it. I know why Kyuhyun’s like this.

I rolled my eyes. “Okay, stop pretending Kyu. What do you want?”

Kyuhyun smirked. “You got it, Yesung.” He cleared his throat. “So, I guess you all know my sister,”

“Ahra? Your older sister?” Shindong asked. “She’s going to visit us?”

“Hell, no! Of course not! I’m talking about Gyuri, my younger sister. I talked to Leeteuk about this,” they all looked at Leeteuk. “Also, I already told Manager Hyung about it, and they’re fine with it, as long as it wouldn’t cause us any harm. If it w—“

“Just go straight to the point, Kyuhyun.” I cut him off.

“Okay, okay. So, Gyuri’s grounded, and she’s going to live with us so that I can watch over her.”

“Wow! Another sister!” Donghae shouted.

“YAY! Another girl in the dorms!” Alex cheered.

Okay.. I think this isn’t going to be nice.. This is going to be CHAOTIC.

“So, I’ll tell you something about her. A warning. She’s a bit spoiled, and has an attitude. She doesn’t know any household chores. She’s really moody; her mood swings are very unpredictable. One minute she’s happy, one minute she’s mad. So, yeah. I guess that’s all. Kyuhyun smirked, and left like nothing really happened.

*End of flashback

Yeah, I remember it all.

“What are you trying to tell me, Sungmin?”

“Just try to understand her, Hyung. I mean, Kyuhyun warned us about her even before she arrived. We just need to accept it. After all, we don’t know why she’s like that. We don’t know what kind of obstacles she had been through. Well, whatever those are, let’s try to understand her, and get to know her even more,” Sungmin stood up. “Think about it, hyung.”

OHMY. Sungmin, is that you?

I think I need to think about some things today.

Sungmin, are you my conscience?

 

---

 

A/N:

Back with two chapters. Kkkk~ Will finish editing the next chapters probably by monday? 

That's all. I'll zip my mouth. I will be back tomorrow with another update. :3