Chapter 3

When Life Offered Me Super Junior

 

Chapter 3

 

 

“Go Boyfriend!” I shouted, after hearing the MC say that Boyfriend is the next group to perform.

Okay. I’m an official Bestfriend now. I heard that that’s what their fans are called. I’m their no.1 fan! They’re all so cute! Especially the twins! I am so biased.

During their performance, Kwangmin winked at me. Youngmin even pointed at me while he sang his part.  I am one, lucky bestfriend, aren’t I?

Well, after I met the twins, I quickly looked for the audience area. I looked for a seat, and made myself comfortable. I’ve been here for almost an hour and a half now. I watched all the rehearsals and all things that happened on stage before the show started. I pretty enjoyed it even though I never thought I would. And besides, I still don’t want to talk to Kyuhyun right now. I still feel bad, you know.

“Is this seat taken?”

I looked up, and saw a guy looking at me. I just nodded, and he sat beside me. WAIT. Why does he look familiar? I looked at him again, trying to think where I saw him before, or if we have met before.

He caught me staring at him. He looked uncomfortable as he shifted on his seat. “What’s wrong, Miss? Is there something on my face?”

I shook my head. “Nothing. You just look familiar.”

He smiled. “Jinjja?” I nodded.

That smile.. I’ve seen that before. But when? Where? Who is he?

“Just tell me when you remember already, ne?” he smiled, and looked back at the stage.

AHA! I finally remember who he is now. Kibum! Kim Kibum! The one who taught Kyuhyun to play Starcraft! I also met him five years ago. He was the one who first approached me before, even though he is a bit awkward. His smile is still the same.

“Kibum!” He suddenly looked at me. “You’re Kibum, right?”

He chuckled as he looked at me. “It’s nice to know that you know me.”

“Of course I do! Don’t you remember me? I’m Gyuri!” I pointed at myself. “Cho Gyuri! Kyuhyun’s sister.”

He frowned as he tilted his head to the side. “G-gyuri? Is that you? You look really different, like—” he eyed me from head to toe, and then smiled. “—a real lady.”

I smiled. “Of course. And you,” I looked at him from head to toe, trying to find out if something changed within the past years, but I failed. “You’re still the same.” I said with a nod.

“Really? Thanks.” He said, and we kept silent for some time. But it felt awkward. So so awkward.

I mustered up enough courage to speak to him so that this awkward atmosphere will disappear. But I am not that good when it comes to starting a conversation. “You know...”

He looked at me. “Mmmm?”

“I.. ugh..” I tried to find the words to say, but I can’t. Gosh, this is so awkward.

“I’m sorry, but am I making you a little uncomfortable?”

I shook my head while waving my hands in front of me. “A-ani! It’s just that… I-it’s a bit awkward. Y-you’re still like that, you know…” I looked down as I played with the strands of my hair.

“I’m sorry. I’m usually like this. But, please, be your usual self. I’ll try to keep up.” He smiled warmly at me as he patted my shoulder.

I nodded. “Anyway, what are you doing here? Aren’t you going to perform with them? I didn’t notice you in the dressing room a while ago.”

“No. I wasn’t able to participate in the preparations for the album. All that I can do for now is support them.”

“Why weren’t you able to participate?”

“I was busy with things,”

“Business?”

“No.”

“Girlfriend?”

“No, of course not.”

“Family?” Yes, I’m stubborn. I won’t stop until I get the answer that I want.

“I didn’t know that you were that stubborn,” he said with a smile.

I smirked. “I really am. Now, tell me.”

“I was just.. A bit lost, I guess. I was trying to find myself,” He frowned, for a while, and then composed his expression as he gazed at me.

I raised my eyebrow. “Why do you think you’re lost?”

“I just don’t know if everything that I’ve been doing in the past years is right. But ever since the start, being in Super Junior is the only right thing that I did. I just want to know what I really want.”

I nodded. That was much of an explanation, I guess. “Well, were you able to find it?”

“Which? Myself or the thing that I really want?”

“Both.”

He shrugged. “Well, I guess I haven’t. I still don’t know what I really want, and I haven’t found myself yet.”

“Don’t worry. Someday, you will.”

He just smiled, and nodded.

“Look, it’s their turn.” Kibum pointed at the stage.

I quickly looked at the stage, and was wowed.

Those ten men that I saw a while ago were a lot more different than these ten men I am seeing right now. They looked like someone who had power, power to wow any kind of audience that would watch their performance. All of their cute and boyish charms were gone, and was replaced by charisma that can intimidate any guy present in the same room as them. Wow, just wow.

Hey~ SJ like this~”  Yesung sang, and all of the fans screamed, and went wild. I can’t even hear them sing. Like, really? Is this how their fans really react?

“The ELFs went wild once again,” Kibum said, then stood up to cheer for them.

I stood up, too, without any clue of what I am doing. I leaned into his ear so that I’ll be able to talk to him; it feels like we’re in a club right now. “Elfs? Like Santa’s helpers? Where?”

He laughed gently. “Silly. You really don’t care about Kyuhyun’s career, right?”

“Not that much. I don’t have much time to think about things that really doesn’t involve me. I’m a bit self-centered, aren’t I?”

Kibum smiled. “Not that much. Don’t look at yourself like that.”

“I’m just stating a fact.” I nodded.

“Anyway. ELFs are the people around you. Our fans,”

An ‘o’ was formed within my lips as I nodded. But my eyebrows automatically met. Why are their fans called elfs? “Why are they called elfs? Super Junior isn’t someone like Santa, you know. You don’t give gifts to them every Christmas, don’t you?”

“You’re still silly. ELF stands for Ever Lasting Friends. I don’t even know why our fan club’s name is like that. But I like it.” He chuckled. “Just don’t think about it. You’ll get a major headache.”

SUPER JUNIOR, THE LAST MAN STANDING!” they ended the song, and the ELFs cheered even harder than before as the next song started playing.

I smiled. “Super Junior really is the last men standing.”

--

“Gyuri’s back!” Leeteuk shouted, as I entered the dressing room.

They all started talking at the same time, asking me tons of questions like, ‘where were you?’, ‘are you okay?’, ‘did you watch us perform?’

Ugh. They really are a group of stubborn men.

“What’s with the noise?” I asked, as I stood beside my luggage. “Calm down first. I’ll answer of your questions one by one. Where were you? I was at the audience area. Are you okay? Of course I am. I’m perfectly fine. Did you watch us perform? Yes, I did watch you perform. Actually, Kibum did, too.”

“Kibum is here?” Leeteuk asked curiously, anticipation drawn all over his face.

I frowned. “Didn’t you hear me?”

“Gyuri, stop it.” Kyuhyun said, it was more of an order.

I frowned as I crossed my arms. “Stop what? What did I do?”

He glared at me. “You’re being rude.”

“Look, whose speaking.” Eunhyuk butted in.

“Anyway, where’s Kibum?” Leeteuk asked again.

“He said he’ll be here in a while.”

“Looking for me?” They all looked at the door, and saw Kibum, smiling at us. They all run towards him, and hugged him tight one by one.

They all looked really cute when they saw Kibum. They look like fangirls who hug one another when their idols pass them by. It made me smile. They really are a family. They really miss each other. Isn’t that cute?

“Let us all eat dinner together!” Leeteuk said, and then smiled.

“We’ll go now?” he nodded. “You mean, now?”

“Yes, now.”

“C’mon, let’s go!” they all said, as they started to leave.

“CAN WE PLEASE BRING MY LUGGAGE HOME FIRST?”

They all laughed. What’s funny?

 

---

 

A/N:

Hello there dear subscribers! As you can see, I deleted all of the chapters of this story, and re-posted the first three chapters. Some things changed,because I edited it. There isn't that much change except for the longer chapters since I compressed some chapters into one.

Will update soon! I am still editing the other chapters. Please wait for me~