Chapter 8

When Life Offered Me Super Junior

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

“This is your baby?” Sungmin pointed at Paris with an amused expression. He laughed awkwardly. “I thought you were talking about a real human! Like, a baby, a real one!”

“Stupid.” I hit his forehead. “You think I already have a baby? I am not that ty, you know! I mean, I don’t even have a boyfriend.”

“Yah, Cho Gyuri. I told you it’s ‘oppa’. Before you were calling me Lee Sungmin. But now, you’re worse. You can’t call someone older than you ‘stupid’, araseo?”

I picked up Paris from her bed. I ruffled her hair. “How many times do I need to explain myself, I am not used to calling someone ‘oppa’?”

“Why? It isn’t that hard.”

“Try living in the US, Sungmin. Then call someone ‘oppa’. Let’s see what will happen next.” I sighed. “Life in the US and life in here are different. If you apply these kinds of things in the US, like calling someone ‘oppa’ or ‘unnie’ or anything that we, Korean people are used to, you will be called a weirdo. It isn’t that easy to change something you’re used to, Sungmin.”

Sungmin just nodded. “Do you want to go out and eat Ice cream?”

I shook my head. “No thanks.”

“Let’s go home?”

“You go ahead. I’ll just take a rest. I promise I would go home.” I assured him with a smile. I rested my head on the sofa as I caressed Paris’ body.

“Ok. I’ll leave now, ok? See you later.” Sungmin said, and then left.

Finally, some alone time for myself.

--

“Breakfast is ready, Gyuri.” Alex knocked on the door.

As you can see, I am back. I am back in hell. Well, this is life.

I went back here three days ago, and things are fine in here so far. Except for that something between me and Yesung. I don’t want to talk to that person. I don’t know if I can.  There’s something in him that I am not comfortable with. He possesses this weird aura whenever I come near him. Whenever we would bump into each other in the dorms, I would quickly leave or look away. It is so awkward, you know. Very very awkward.

I looked at my clock on the desk. It’s 6:15AM. My classes starts at 9AM and ends at 4PM. College life. Never thought that it would be this way since I got pulled out from my previous university by my loving parents.

I went out and sat beside Sungmin on the dining table. In the past days, Sungmin will always save a seat beside him for me. “Thanks,”

“No prob. Good morning!” he greeted.

I smiled at him, and began to eat my breakfast.

“Alex, this is wonderful!” Shindong commented.

“Thank you Shindong!” she said, as she sat beside Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiled, and then looked at Alex. There’s something weird in his stare.

“Yah.” I called Kyuhyun’s attention. But everyone looked at me. “I was referring to Kyuhyun.”

“What? You miss me already?”

“Psh. Miss yourself. I just want to ask something.”

“Go on, little sister.”

“I’M NOT LITTLE KYUHYUN.” I started. “I just want to ask, is there something bet—”

The door suddenly opened. “Faster, guys.” The manager said, “Our first schedule is at 7AM, you can’t be late.”

In an instant, all of them stood up, and bid their goodbyes. Psh. I wasn’t even able to finish my question.

“Bye Gyu! Bye Alex!” they all shouted as they left.

I grimaced, as I ate my breakfast. “Are they usually like this. . .” I muttered to myself.

“You need to get used to it, Gyuri,” Alex suddenly said. Did she hear me? “They come and go. They have lots of things to do. But when they don’t have schedules, like, after finishing their promotions, this house is as scary as hell.”

“It’s already scary.” I commented.

The door opened once again. “Alex, do you have some spare food here? The hyungs up there did not cook.”

I looked behind me, and saw Kibum. He smiled when he saw me. “Oh, hi Gyuri. I guess you’re back in the dorms?”

I awkwardly nodded. He just smiled as he walked towards me.

That smile. . . That smile is familiar. .

He sat beside me. “Can I have some?” I just nodded. He smiled once again. “Thank you, Gyu.”

His eyes, his nose, his smile. They are all familiar. They are the same. How can that happen?

I awkwardly stood up. “I-I’m done. I’ll go ahead.”

“But Gyuri, you haven’t eaten everything yet. Not even half,” Kibum commented.

“I-I lost my appetite.” I simple said, and then headed to my room. I quickly locked the door, and leaned against it. I heaved a sigh. How can they look the same? How? Just seeing Kibum brings back something from the past. Something very painful.

--

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Gyuri!” Joori waved at me as we both exited the study hall.

I smiled and waved at her. “Yeah.  Bye.” Joori is the only friend I made after a week. Maybe that’s because she sat beside me on the first day. I really don’t know. Mostly, on a new school, the one who sits beside you becomes your first friend. Am I right? That person would be the first one that you can talk to, since you sit beside each other.

Enough with the school logic. It’s messing with my brain. My phone suddenly vibrated.

 

To: Gyuri
From: 009xxxxxxxx

Hey, are you free tonight? Maybe we could talk about some things in dinner. :)

 

Who the hell is this? This stranger is asking me out? WTH.

 

To: 009xxxxxxxx
From: Gyuri

Who r u?

 

To: Gyuri
From: 009xxxxxxxx

It’s me, Yesung.

 

Oh, it’s the oh-so-annoying Yesung. I changed his name into ‘Annoying Jerk’. Evil Gyuri is here.

 

To: Annoying Jerk
From: Gyuri

Are you serious? There is no way that you would ask me out. You’re mad. Are you drunk? Get back to your senses first.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

I’m not asking you out on a date! Blame your malicious mind. What I was saying is that, we should settle that something between us.

 

To: Annoying Jerk
From: Gyuri

Whatever. Where did you get my number? And without my permission, huh? I don’t want to eat dinner alone with you.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

None of your business, missy. Fine, I’ll bring Kibum with me. Happy?

 

To: Annoying Jerk
From: Gyuri

No. Stop this, I won’t go out with you no matter what.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

How many times am I going to tell you, it isn’t a date, ok?

 

To: Annoying Jerk
From: Gyuri

You’re annoying. Stop. I won’t reply to you anymore, you’re wasting my precious time and effort.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

Fine. No one told you to reply anyways.

 

I made a face at my phone as I locked it. Annoying Yesung, do you not have anything to do besides annoying me? You’re a celebrity, right? You should be very very busy, and that would be in favor of me because I won’t be able to see you.

My phone vibrated once again.

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

Hey. You’re serious? You really won’t reply to my texts?

 

I ignored it, but it vibrated once again.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

YAH. CHO GYURI.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

CHO GYURI! ANSWER ME!

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

YAH! I’LL TELL KYUHYUN.

 

Tell it to whoever you want, I won’t reply.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

YAH.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

YAH. Answer my texts!

 

It’s getting irritating. . . Calm down, Gyuri. Calm down!

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

If you don’t reply to me, I will seriously go to where you are right now.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

I am serious.

 

And so am I. Yesung the irritating jerk, please stop bothering me. I already reached the bus stop, but still, he won’t stop.

 

To: Gyuri
From: Annoying Jerk

YAH. What the? I said I’m serious! I will go there, wherever that place is.

 

UGH. I can’t take this anymore! Out of irritation, I threw my phone on the ground, and started to step on it with my stilettos. I stepped on it with all my might. HA. Yesung the irritating jerk will never irritate me again. VICTORY!

“So. . You hate me that much, huh?”

 

---

 

A/N:

Back with three chapters! Maybe I'll be done with the edited chapters this weekend, and will be back with a new chapter next week since we don't have classes for the whole week. [yay! =))]

That's all. Yeorobun, sarangaheyo~ <3

*virtually hugs all of you*