Because I Miss You

Becoming Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost two months. It was that long since the last time they both see each other and it felt like forever. He was too busy with photoshoots and preparation for his solo album while she was fighting everyday just to finish drama filming, CF filming, and some occasional photoshoots. He was too nervous and pressured at the same time. He didn’t know if people would appreciate his solo album and if fans would give him all out support. She was tired and annoyed with her busy schedule that sleeping for two hours seemed like a luxury she could not afford. All props to the staffs and casts that made the filming light. In all honesty, everyone seemed to be so cooperative they rarely had NGs. But then everything paid off since the drama continued to receive positive feedback and high viewership. She actually didn't expect the support and good comments she's been getting and she was overwhelmed.

Although they crazily missed each other, the hopes of meeting or spending time together were impossible. They could only see through Face Time and send audio and text messages through Kakaotalk. That’s how they could survive just like they used to before.

"Yah! Park Shin Hye! You have something to tell me!" Hong Ki blurted out as soon as he had the chance to talk with Shin Hye during one instance he met her while filming near SBS building.

"Tell me how did you get back with your guy." He demanded like a nagging mother when he realized the blank face of Shin Hye as if she didn't even know what he was trying to say. He is the best friend yet it seemed like he was the last one to know.

“Oh that one. Sorry, Hong Star. It just happened. Besides, you are nowhere to be found! You are not even contacting me!” She didn't know how to tell how it happened. She just didn't have the courage to share the details. But it was Hong Ki whom she could not hide anything from. It was him who helped them during those times they sneakily dated and he was their bridge during their early stage of dating.

"I never even doubted that you two will get back together. So many times I've been trying to match Yong Hwa with other girls but he's always refusing and making excuses. And you've been being pestered by your long-legged costar yet you just dumped him. You two are so fun to watch." Hong Ki's remarks were new to Shin Hye's knowledge. She was aware that there were many hot and y girls surrounding her man but to think that he refused to just even be introduced just touched her heart. All this time, he has been loyal, even during the times when he didn't even have to be.

"I'm actually glad that you didn't corrupt Yong Hwa's mind." She hissed. And they both laughed.

“Anyway, I’m happy for you both. You know I am your fairy godfather. Kkk~” He laughed his off when he realized the title he had given himself. But God knows how he extended his help for them, especially during the darkest stage of their relationship.

It was such a nice moment catching up with Hong Ki. His playful attitude, his straight forward personality, and sense of friendship made Shin Hye treasure him so much although sometimes he's a spiller and his choice of words were a little off that if you don't know him, you'll misunderstand what he wants to say. In fact, he was one of her friends whom she could openly follow on instagram, tweet, and take a picture with, without caring about what the public would say. It was Hong Ki, anyway.

They talked about her reconciliation with Yong Hwa, Yong Hwa’s solo album, Hong Ki’s trip to Thailand with Manager Jun, and the upcoming FNC Concert. They joked about few stuff and cursed about the antis, the overly crazy and overly delusional fans, and the schedule that was almost killing them. Yet they could only end up thanking them because if not for them, they won’t be who they are now.

And who would get freaking jealous upon receiving a Kakaotalk photo message with Shin Hye? Of course it was Jung Yong Hwa. Hong Ki purposely sent that to him to make him envious when he heard from Shin Hye that they haven’t met for almost two months.

JYH: You’re bad, Hong Ki!
LHK: Of course, I am!
JYH: How did you meet? What did you talk about? Why didn't you tell me you're seeing her?
LHK: I told her how I was pushing you to meet other girls before. ㅋㅋㅋ
JYH: What was that? I'm still practicing! I wanna follow!
LHK: She’s gone filming again. I’m about to go back to FNC. I went to SBS for some stuff and Lucky enough she was there filming and was on break. See you later. ㅋㅋㅋ

He was about to go crazy with what Hong Ki just told him. Girls? What girls? He never had an eye on anyone except his girlfriend. He wondered what was her reaction or if Hong Ki exaggerated again. Aish, that guy! Sometimes his big mouth causes misunderstanding. Once he met him, he'll bombard him with questions and he'll pester him for real!

----------

"I heard you met Hong Ki earlier?" Yong Hwa already called Shin Hye after Hong Ki didn't even pick up his call and he never showed up in FNC just to find out he was out filming. Ah! Hong Ki was scheming again. He surely knew how to .

"Ah yeah. We did some catching up. You called for that?" Shin Hye sounded groggy as she was too sleepy after a day of filming. She hasn't slept that much.

"Ah. That..." He didn't know if he would still ask her but he was so damn worried of her reaction and what Hong Ki spilled. Not that he was guilty of anything but was worried if Hong Ki twisted a few facts to again.

But all he heard was Shin Hye's weak chuckle. "I know what you wanted to ask. Hong Ki already messaged me earlier how worried you are."

"I'm just afraid he's trolling again and you'll believe. Did I wake you up?" 

"I could not even believe what he said. Are you a man? You surely didn't bother looking at girls?" She was probing now. Although she thought it would be best if she'd ask him about this in person. But just the thought of him not looking at any other girls made her heart so proud. Damn, she missed him so much.

"I did look at one girl. And that girl is only you." And he giggled at his own cheesiness.

"Yah! Don't put too much praise on me. Did you do something I'll get mad at?" But to be honest, she was already blushing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter