Thank You, I Love You

Becoming Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I already signed for the drama. What do you think?” Shin Hye said as she showed Yong Hwa the plot script of her new drama. She was so eager to take the role since it was very different from her previous roles and the plot was very interesting too.

“Choi In Ha has a Pinocchio syndrome, that every time she’ll tell a lie, she’ll start hiccuping…” Yong Hwa started reading the plot out loud. “Hiccups? Isn’t Pinocchio only elongates his nose? Why hiccups?” He questioned then laughed at his own innocence. He just couldn’t imagine her faking a hiccup. But he stopped laughing and turned serious when he saw that she’s already glaring at him. “I understand it already. The plot is interesting. But can you fake a hiccup?” 

“Like this?” And she showed him how she looked and sounded like when she hiccups.

Amazed by her sample, Yong Hwa even tried to fake a hiccup but he ended up sounding like a man who just burped. “How did you do that?” He curiously asked, still in awe by what his girlfriend just showed her. Indeed, she has unique talents.

“Min Ho oppa and I used to imitate a hiccup sound during Heirs filming. You know there’s this one time in US when he suddenly hiccuped loud and it just won’t stop…” Shin Hye was nonchalantly chuckling as she tried to recall that funny moment while filming Heirs. But she stopped when she noticed how Yong Hwa’s face turned sour.

“Anything wrong?” She didn’t really know why there’s a sudden change in  YongHwa’s mood.

“Nothing.” He lied because he just wanted to let it pass, like what he usually does whenever he’s feeling jealous. “Let’s just keep going now. The boys are waiting for us.” He said as he stood up about to go. They actually planned to go to a KTV that time with his band members when she delivered the good news of her being in a new drama.

She did what was asked but she made sure he went out of Sulbing Café first before she followed and geared up by putting on her hoodie, face mask and cap to cover her face. However, to her surprise, while on their way, Yong Hwa wasn’t even uttering a word. He just kept on ignoring her and all she could do was to reply on the Kakaotalk group message of her Heirs co-stars. She was just being congratulated by her colleagues when they already found out she was to star in the new drama, Pinocchio. Then, her phone rang. Lee Min Ho was calling.

“Min Ho oppa…” Shin Hye greeted which made Yong Hwa cringed upon hearing. But she just ignored his glare and continued talking. He actually called to demonstrate the fake hiccup they used to do during break time while filming Heirs.

“Deh. Yong Hwa was with me. You want to say hi?” She nonchalantly asked, faking a lively vibe even when in fact, she’s already sensing that there’s something wrong.

“Is there a need for him to call you?” He exclaimed in an annoyed tone as he gave her a sulking face. With the sudden reaction of Yong Hwa, Shin Hye immediately bid goodbye to the other person on the line saying, “let’s just talk later.”

“So you’ll phone each other again later? Really?” He couldn’t keep his composure anymore as it was irksome hearing just his name. There’s really something in him that annoyed him – that hot – no – morbid kiss.

Shin Hye didn’t intend to argue with him since she clearly knew that having their time with each other was so rare that if they spent it just by arguing, it will just be put into waste. However, she couldn’t keep up with his moodiness. “What’s with you again this time? You keep on ignoring me since we left the café and now you’re acting pissed? Do you want to spend the day arguing? We even rarely meet!” She chided, too upset with how he behaved this time.

But he just smirked at her and sighed. “That’s the point Shin Hye! We rarely meet and all you do is mention that guy’s name and talk with him. Seriously, what is that?” Now, it was clear to her the reason why he suddenly became irritable. 

“So it’s because of Min Ho oppa again? Are we going to argue about this?” How many times she had assured Yong Hwa that he was just a buddy – no not even close to a buddy – a close oppa colleague whom she had worked with. Nothing more, nothing less.

“Can you just stop mentioning that long-legged man’s name? Just this once?” He was serious this time and he didn’t even seem to bargain. It’s his terms. Final.

However she tried to keep calm and composed, he just gotten into her nerves that everything she was looking forward to on this day was just spoiled. “You never listened to me Yong Hwa. If you’re too jealous of him, I can introduce you to each other. That might stop you from being childishly jealous.” 

“You’re the one who can’t understand me. Let’s just leave that topic. I don’t wanna hear that name.” He shifted to a calmer tone as he continued driving and ignoring her.

“Stop the car.” Suddenly, she demanded when she couldn’t take the awkward and tensed atmosphere. They better just call it a day and have some breathe of fresh air. However, he acted as if he didn’t hear her, instead drove even faster.

“Yong Hwa, I said stop the car.” She repeated again. But he just gave her a quick, cold glance. “STOP.THE.CAR!” This time she voiced out in a firm, dominating tone that he instantly pushed the brake of the car making them fell forward. Soon as it stopped, she tried getting off but the doors were locked. 

“Open the car door.” She ordered.

But he kept still, not doing what she asked. “We’ll be going to KTV right? Why are you getting off now?” 

She didn’t answer instead she just repeated what she demanded earlier. The moment she heard he already unlocked it, she immediately alighted without even turning back when he called out her name. Lucky enough, she was able to grab a cab in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter