Chapter Six

Mistakes and Regrets [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

  CHAPTER SIX

 

 

 

  PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Jackson walked her home they stood in front of the gate in an awkward silence. Neither of them knowing what exactly to say.

He scratched the back of his neck while looking down, “So um...bye?”

“Yeah um, I'll see you at school tomorrow.” she whispered shyly.

He smiled at her as she was staring at the ground and he ruffled her hair. A deep blush spread up to her ears.

“So cute.” He laughed, “Well, I'll be going now.”

As he turned away to leave, a car pulled up to the house.

Jackson stared as the car rolled up the driveway but Jae was behind him with wide eyes as she stared.

Her parents were home.

She was about to hurry him along when her mother stepped out of the car with bags of groceries.

“Jae is that you honey? Come help me with-“ she paused when she noticed Jackson standing with her daughter, “Oh, hello there! Are you one of Jae-Lee’s school friends?”

“Uh, yes ma’am.” He bowed politely to her.

“Oh! Well, why don’t you join us for dinner?”

It was now Jackson’s turn to open his eyes wide, “Um, I’m sorry, but I was just walking Jae home since it was getting late. I should be really heading home now.”

“Nonsense,” Jae’s dad said as he took some bags from his wife’s hands. “Stay for dinner we insist.”

Jackson just nodded his head, too afraid to say anything.

“Wonderful! Well come on in, I'll make something delicious!”

With that, her parents walked into the house.

Jackson opened the gate and let Jae in. “Why is your dad so damn intimidating? When he stared at me I swear I crapped my pants right then!”

Jae just laughed and shrugged her shoulders, “Maybe he’s just like that to you. He’s an angel really.”

“Huh, sure.”

A few minutes later, dinner was set on the table and Jackson sat stiffly in his chair next to Jae, which just so happened to be across from her father.

“Well, enjoy.” Jae’s mom said as she set down the final pot on the table. She made Maeuntang and some rice. She gave everyone some of each dish and Jackson tried to protest the spicy maeuntang but one look from Jae’s dad made him shut up.

Jackson stared at the spicy dish in front of him for a while before shoving it into his mouth along with a spoonful of rice.

...That didn’t help one bit, but he had to admit the spicy soup was delicious and Jae’s mom looked really happy with him eating it. However, the more he ate, the more he sweat and eventually his mouth felt like if it was on fire.

Jae nudged him, “Why didn’t you just say that you can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter