Chapter Four

Mistakes and Regrets [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      CHAPTER FOUR     Please read the A/N at the end.        

As Jae rode the bus to school the next morning she thought about how she and Sora knew each other. Sora and Jae both go way back. Their parents were friends in high school so naturally they became close as well. Sora was naturally a social butterfly. Everyone loved her, at home and at school.

On their first day of preschool, everyone flocked to Sora to admire her brand new Hello Kitty backpack and her pink and blue dress.

When she saw Jae sitting alone with her jeans and messy hair she went over to her and said that the other kids don’t matter and that they’ll always be the best of friends.

Since then they have been partners in crime causing trouble throughout their childhood days.

Then high school came. And they met Jackson and Mark. Jackson chose to make Jae’s life miserable but Mark made it worthwhile to go to school every day.

When the bus pulled up in front of the huge brick building Jae swallowed the lump in and stepped off the bus.

She spotted Jackson laughing with his friends and she could almost hear his annoying hyena laugh.

Here goes nothing

She walked up to him and patted him on his shoulder.

He turned around and smiled down at her, “Hey, Jae. What’s the matter?”

“I wanted to apologize for everything I told you yesterday. I wasn’t thinking straight and I misjudged you and I’m just really sorry.”

“It’s okay. I understand, but about that night...”

“I’m not pregnant, if that’s what you want to know. I take birth control to regulate my period and I took a test just to make sure. Don’t worry,” Jae smiled as she pushed him lightly, “you won’t have a little Jackson to take care of anytime soon.”

“Wow, that’s the first time I’ve seen you smile. It’s really pretty; you should do it more often.”

Jae looked down as a faint blush dusted her cheeks and she stuck her hand out.

“Let’s call a truce. I don’t want to fight with you anymore. In fact, I don’t even know why we fight.”

“Neither do I.” He said as they shook hands, “Let’s start over, friends?”

“Yeah, friends.”

Jae arrived at her locker and saw that Sora wasn’t there.

She’s probably late as usual.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter