Hoseok

Babied

It's nine in the morning when Taehyung wakes up. He rubs the crust in his eyes away before he tiredly gets off of his bed. As he walks to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water, he thinks about who is taking care of Jimin today.

He gets his answer when he passes through the living room and sees Jimin on Hoseok's back as the older male spins around and prances in different directions in the room. At the moment his eyes don't have much energy to glare at Hoseok because it's too early in the morning, so he yawns as he makes his way into the kitchen.

"Morning!" Seokjin greets happily while he hovers above a simmering pot of soup.

"G'morning."

"Breakfast is in the table." The older male says as Taehyung chugs down his glass of water.

"Thanks."

Once he's finished his breakfast, he feels more awake. Taehyung skips to the living room because he wants to watch his shows while simultaneously keeping an eye on Hoseok and Jimin. He thinks that he should keep a close eye on Hoseok because like it's not unknown that he seems to dote more on Jimin than the other members.

"Hyung! Hyung noo!" Jimin squeals as he enters the living room. Hoseok still has Jimin on his back and is doing that thing where he threatens to let go of the younger and like, Jimin is a fully grown teenager so if in the unlikely event that Hoseok does drop Jimin, the younger should be able to catch himself. And really, it's completely ridiculous to plan Hoseok's demise just for carry Jimin on his back like a child, so he definitely doesn't.

Silently, Taehyung walks over to the nearest couch and sits on it. He grabs the nearest remote and presses on three numbers for the anime channel but the channel on the screen isn't changing and he thinks that it has something to do with the fact that Hoseok and Jimin are in the centre of the room, meaning the the censory thing in the television can't read the censory thing in the remote.

And no, it's not his jealousy talking. They really are blocking the television.

*   *   *   *   *   *  *   *   *

Normally, Taehyung would be okay with Hoseok and Jimin going to the dance studio to practice but he can't be okay with it today because of several reasons;

a. Jimin is sick, so what point is there of even going?

b. Hoseok wants it to be just the two of them (isn't that like a date?)

c. Taehyung's jealousy would skyrocket.

He would list them to the others, but they'd think that he's weird and Jimin might file for a restraining order or something like that. Instead he lets Seokjin do all the talking.

"No. Jimin is sick Hobi, he can't go."

Hoseok makes this whining noise, "aw but he really wants to!"

Seokjin gives him a stern look, "he is really unwell and in no condition to be dancing."

"I'll be fine." Jimin wheezes as he smiles, looking at Hoseok who wraps his arm around Jimin's waist and pulls him closer to him.

Taehyung tries to singe the offending arm away with his narrowed eyes.

"Are you sure my baby?" Seokjin asks using a soft tone.

(Note how Taehyung doesn't glare at the older when he calls Jimin 'my baby'. He's really proud the he managed not to glare. And well it's not like he's going to call Jimin 'baby' when they're in a relationship anyway. Maybe his cute pet name would be something like, sweerheart or darling.)

"Yeah, I just wanna watch Hyung dance."

Taehyung tries not scowl when Jimin says that because he can totally watch him dance whenever he'd like, Taehyung is completely willing to show Jimin his less graceful dance moves if it means having the opportunity to spend some time alone with the latter.

"Alright, fine," Seokjin sighs and then Jimin starts cheering cutely. "But I'm packing soup and medicine for Jimin."

"Oh no, it's okay I'm buying us lunch afterwards." Hoseok smiles and Taehyung wants to wipe that smile off of his face because, Jung Hoseok you did not just go there.

"Maybe I should go too," Taehyung casually slips in, "because I think I need to work on the Danger choreography."

Hoseok looks at him weirdly as he wraps a thick, wooly, navy colored scarf comfortably around Jimin's neck. "But you do the moves perfectly." 

"Well uhm … No, there's uh … Wait hold on," but by the time his mind comes up with the perfect excuse, Hoseok has already zipped up the puffy, long, black jacket on Jimin and the both of them are gone. "."

"Language!" Seokjin says firmly from beside him but all Taehyung can do is roll his eyes as he lethargically walks to his and Jungkook's room.

"I'm gonna take a nap." He announces before slamming the door shut.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When Taehyung wakes up, he immediately rushes out of his room and looks around the dorm for Hoseok and Jimin. He even went as far as checking Namjoon and Hoseok's room just in case you know, Hoseok decided that cuddling Jimin would be totally okay.

But he doesn't find them and he becomes incredibly worried because they've been gone for seven hours. Like don't get him wrong, there are days when Jimin stays at the studio until three in the morning and is forced to call either him or Yoongi because he can barely walk anymore. And really, he shouldn't be worrying because Hoseok is a close friend and group member.

So why does he find himself pacing back and forth in his and Jungkook's room?

He let's his mind wander off, coming up with different scenario's about what Hoseok and Jimin are doing. His mind comes up with a variety of scenario's ranging from the pair holding hands down the street, to the pair kissing under some random street lamp, but the worst scenario out of all of them would have to be the thought of Hoseok ing Jimin in some toilet stall.

Taehyung gulps down his saliva, sitting himself on the edge of his bed. His hands grab fistfull of his hair, his fingers clenching around his dark brown strands in an almost comforting way. The way his breaths come out quick and how his jaw clenches doesn't help ease the thought at all. Grabbing the phone from the small desk near his bed, he decides to call Jimin.

But then he hears loud chatter and does not hesitate to run to the front door. 

When he gets there, Hoseok and Jimin are laughing with each other and Taehyung steadies his breathing before pulling Jimin in a big bear hug before shooting imaginary daggers in Hoseok's direction.

"I missed you too Tae." Jimin says as he tries to laugh, but ends up coughing so he just chooses to pat Taehyung on the back gently.

Taehyung pulls away with a serious face, "and just where were you two?"

Jimin's face brightens immediately and begins to animatedly tell Taehyung what they did today. Taehyung glares holes at the back of Hoseok's head as he walks away, but not without smiling at Jimin first and Taehyung's frown just deepens when Jimin wiggles his fingers as a form of a wave.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Seokjin and Jungkook are in the kitchen cooking dinner while Taehyung, Jimin, Yoongi and Namjoon are in the living room. Hoseok is somewhere else in the dorm doing God knows what, but Taehyung doesn't really care because Jimin is squished into his side with a thick, fluffy, blue blanket covering him. And Taehyung thinks that life is good because he has his left hand resting on Jimin'd thigh, his thumb rubbing circles and stars and some other shapes that come to his mind.

But then Hoseok ruins the moment by walking in with a towel in his hand, drying his hair with it. "Jimin~ Come'ere I have to give you a shower."

Taehyung undeniably chokes in his saliva and before he gets the chance to yell protests at Hoseok, Jimin beats him to it by speaking first.

"I can bathe myself, Hyung." 

"You could barely walk without my help earlier," Hoseok states and thoughts plague Taehyung's mind, "so don't even try to convince me that you're perfectly capable of taking a shower by yourself."

Taehyung can see Namjoon and Yoongi from the corner of his eye, they seem completely and utterly disinterested in the conversation but Taehyung knows them well enough to know that they're secretly listening to the conversation. He sneaks a glance at Jimin, who has puffed out his cheeks and is fiddling with his thumbs.

"Alright." He sighs and then Hoseok is carrying him bridal style and Taehyung can't believe that this is his life, because what no, Jimin wasn't suppose to give in. Taehyung can so give Jimin a shower whenever he wants if he asks him.

His eye twitches as he hears Jimin squeal Hoseok's name from the bathroom. 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

As they're eating their dinner, Taehyung violently spears the meat on his plate while he watches Hoseok and Jimin chat animatedly in front of him, Hoseok patting Jimin's cheeks every now and again.

Taehyung scowls as Hoseok offers to buy Jimin a dozen cupcakes from the bakery down the street.

He doesn't stay around to find out if Hoseok really did buy him those cupcakes because he claims that he's tired, even though he took a nap earlier, bitterly thinking that he could buy Jimin cupcakes from all over the world one day if he wanted him to.