The light behind your eyes V

The light behind your eyes.

Mino had thought, that he and Seunghoon would be as distant as before, even though Mino thought that for once he had made a positive impact on Seunghoon. What Mino had now learned about Seunghoon, was that he was stubborn, so he didn’t keep hopes up for nothing. Including their deal so to speak, that Mino would leave him alone.

 

 

 

 

But he had been wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

Late at night, when Mino had gone home after hanging out with Bobby and Hanbin, cigarette-smelling Gunhee was waiting him in the living room. Strange was, how Mino even smelled it, because he had just smoked himself.

Mino wasn’t sure if he wanted to know, what the boy did every day. Thoughts, that he had abused his friend once years ago disgusted him. Mino had heard his dad talking to the phone, that Gunhee had thought his best friend Jooheon was someone else and had stabbed him furiously. Fortunately the boy was still alive, but Mino was afraid, that Gunhee would use that rage on himself or again on someone else.

 

”Hi.” Mino muttered out to the boy, who stared at him with reddish and tired cat eyes as he nodded at him.

 

”Did you eat?”

 

”Yeah.” Mino translated that as a no in his head automatically.

 

”Do you want a late night snack if I’ll make some?” It was hard for the black muff to understand his own words. Gunhee turned his gaze carefully towards Mino and tried as like to see through him.

A nod was enough and Mino walked to the kitchen to make sandwiches and to make tea. Wasn’t this what normal people usually did for each other?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To his surprise the shared snack wasn’t that awkward Mino had thought it would’ve been. They chatted about television series, motorbikes and rap, which this all Gunhee knew surprisingly well about. However, there was something Mino didn’t let slip through his fingers and that was the boy’s obvious withdrawal symptoms, of something. Either the boy hadn’t ate the designated medicines and he would go crazy again soon to he was having withdrawal symptoms because of drugs. Mino was really hoping for the second option.

 

After the non-embarrassing late night snack, Mino walked to his room slumping on his bed starting to scroll his phone. He just scrolled everything through trying to find something interesting. There were hundreds messages of fighting, about if Call of Duty Ghosts was a good game, not interesting. His dad had sent two word question, which Mino answered with one. Hollow feeling inside him, he decided to start prepare for sleeping.

 

 

 

He did his usual night routine without touching the knife in the bathroom’s mirror closet and jumped on his bed, but Mino was bothered by one thought really badly. He specifically wanted to look for Seunghoon’s number from somewhere. He wasn’t really sure why, but he thought it being him wanting to learn the boy’s mind… Maybe Seunghoon wouldn’t push him away for once..

 

Mino’s fingers started to tap nervously the phone screen. Was this again a bit too stalkerish?

 

After a minute of investigation he already had five number options, which he all texted:

 

 

”How are you? -M”

 

 

He was amused, how he thought he recognized  Seunghoon’s answer among the other answers. He soon got texts, which however didn’t feel like they were from the right person.

 

Who are you?” ”M?”

 

One answer formed a half smile on his face and he knew he had hit it right.

 

”Mino?"

 

”Yep.”

 

”How did you get my number?”

 

”Not like a stalker, I looked for it on the internet.”

 

Mhm.. Do you have something to say?”

 

”Yeah what do you do tomorrow?”

 

Mino enjoyed, how Seunghoon didn’t answer as fast anymore.

 

 

 

For real?”

 

”Yeah”

 

 

 

”Well.. I have practice at six, but I’m free before that…”

 

”Would you want to see me then?”

 

 

He could have even payed, to see Seunghoon’s face during this conversation. He probably didn’t realize, that Mino could be this serious.

 

”Okay.. sure”

 

”Wait at three on that bench?”

 

”Okay”

 

 

 

 

Mino already thought for a moment, how embarrassing it would have been, if Seunghoon wouldn’t have agreed. He had loaded himself quite badly for this whole familiarization, but he knew he was thinking selfishly.. Like Seunghoon was having an easier time.

 

 

 

 

Peeking at his school’s timetable for tomorrow he already decided that he wouldn’t go on the first lessons. Considering, that the time was already almost twelve pm and he didn’t yet feel completely tired.

 

 

 

A tender knock echoed in his room and Gunhee opened his door slightly. Had he even ever been to Mino’s room?

 

”Mino?” Gunhee whispered, probably thinking that he was already sleeping.

 

”Yeah?” he answered from his bed lying diagonally without turning his attention from his phone.

 

 

”Is there a grocery store still open near here?”

 

”You don’t feel tired?”

 

”Not really..” Gunhee answered, but Mino thought it was suspicious. Mino wasn’t sure how, but he would have wanted to ask, what was he even going to buy from the store, but the line had to be drawn somewhere.

 

”Well then there’s two of us.” Mino stated as he turned to sit on his bed and to look Gunhee’s fragile body behind the door. A small silence almost like touched the line, until Mino came up with something.

 

”Do you want to go drive around?” Gunhee’s expression changed from bored to surprised and then to excited after a second.

 

”All right.” Mino jumped up from his bed like ready to go and Gunhee watched and followed Mino to the hallway. Mino wondered himself. He would have never suggested anything adventurous, until he did it now.

 

 

Mino put on a really thick Bobby-like hoodie and put just his phone, wallet and keys to his pockets, and he was already walking outside two helmets in his hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Glamorous empty black roads shimmered the light of the street lights and the sky looked as dark with sprinkled stars. Not one car was seen, when Mino had chose a lonely and a choppy sand road. It was a good idea to go outside. They weren’t feeling uncomfortable even during the ride. But Mino realized something weird during the ride.

 

 

His heart weight felt light, which he hadn’t felt in a while.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

”What did you want to buy?” Mino asked as they stopped at the closest gas station and Gunhee just wandered in the empty store. The store assistant stared at them astonished and judgmentally. Probably wondered, what were they doing there.

 

”Soda.”

 

”Did we come here because of a soda?” Mino gave a laugh and raised his gaze from his wallet to the slightly smiling Gunhee.

 

”Buy whatever you want.” Mino said as he gave 40 000 won to Gunhee and walked outside a cigarette already between his lips.

 

 

Mino sat on a bench and lightened his cigarette and instantly got a judging glare from a passer-by. That what everyone did, judged. Like one cigarette  would tell Mino’s  zest for life.

 

 

He glared at his phone to look what the time was, but his eyes noticed something more interesting.

 

Seunghoon:

Are you sleeping?

 

 

He started to answer quickly, but forget he had left his cigarette between his lips and felt how the smoke filled his whole mouth and lungs. Mino reacted by dropping the cigarette from his mouth and coughing loudly couple times.

 

 

”Nope, I’m driving around.”

 

”With your friends?”

 

”Actually no.”

 

”Would you want to see now already? I can’t sleep.”

 

 

 

Mino’s mind felt empty, because he felt really weird, when Seunghoon said something like that and not him. Wasn’t Seunghoon ”nice and always attending school”-type? Why in the world was he up at one am?

 

”Where do we meet?”

 

”That abandoned playground?”

 

At that second Gunhee stepped out with light steps with light looking plastic bag in his hands and looked at Mino probably wondering his surprised expression.

 

 

 

 

”I’ll be right there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After dropping off Gunhee at home with bad explanations Mino drove to their meeting place with his motorbike and he was slightly concerned, but when he saw the playground between all the gloominess surrounded by small lanterns and Seunghoon sitting on a swing, that feeling disappeared.

 

Mino took off his helmet and fixed his hair looking at his motorbikes mirror before he started to walk to Seunghoon, who was staring at the ground. The boy was wearing black baggy pants and a biggish grey hoodie, with the hood on his head.

 

 

”Hi.” Mino said into the silence and sat on a swing next to him. It was hard for him to believe, that the situation was real.

 

”Hey.” Seunghoon answered with a small smile and looked at him from under him bangs.

 

”So you couldn’t sleep?”

 

”Not really..” Seunghoon answered wistfully and even though Mino wasn’t a mindreader he knew, that he had a sensitive topic behind that answer.

 

”How did you knew I was still awake?” Mino tried to loosen up the atmosphere by laughing a little bit after his words.

 

”Sometimes after my rehearsals I have seen you driving around. Like if my practice ends only at eleven or later.” Seunghoon explained casually and bit his lower lip, as he nodded his head slightly.

 

”Your rehearsals is quite late.” 

 

”Well yeah, sometimes they keep me there until nighttime.” Seunghoon answered laughing weakly, but Mino couldn’t laugh, because the sentence sounded like his trainers were awful.

 

”Aah..” was all Mino managed to say and suddenly Seunghoon picked up something from the ground.

 

”I washed these.” he muttered out as he handed him a small pile of clothes. Mino quickly eyed back and forth the boy and the clothes in his hands before he took the clothes in his lap. He hadn’t even remembered.

 

”Yeah… thanks.” Mino said still surprised. A small silence fell around them, but it didn’t feel awkward in any way.

 

”So you dance a lot?” he asked trying to keep the topic in Seunghoon as much as possible.

 

”Five or six times a week, which usually last about four hours.”

 

”That’s… a lot.”

 

”Mmm..”

 

”Are you good?”

 

Mino’s question made the boy laugh a few tunes. He had a cute laugh.

 

”Define good.”

 

”Well umm.. show me.”

 

”Maybe some other time.” Seunghoon answered while smiling slightly and glanced at the sky turning the still bruised cheek towards Mino. More than anything Mino would have wanted to ask Seunghoon something about his family, but he didn’t have the courage yet. In some way Mino thought that the boy had approximately as awful family background as he had.

 

”Where are planning to go after high school?”

 

”Does it really interest you?” the boy asked surprised, which sounded quite rude, but Seunghoon probably didn’t mean it to sound rude.

 

”Actually yes.”

 

”Well.. I’m not really sure yet. I’ll continue ballet as long as I can and then something. You?” he looked at Mino curiously his eyes twinkling brightly.

 

”My dad has planned my whole future already.”

 

”Really?”

 

”I would maybe have tried for music industry, if the situation wouldn’t be like this.”

 

”Like what?”

 

”That there’s only a dad, who threats to kick me out of home if I don’t study in high school and get a proper job. Aka a lawyer.”

 

Seunghoon looked at him the whole time his eyes locked sincerely interested and surely surprised, how Mino opened out about his problems to him. He barely even talked to anyone this openly, but Mino believed that these things would remain between them. Seunghoon was quiet only for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

”I’m sorry.”

 

 

”About what?”

 

 

 

 

”About everything.” that answer got Mino worried, because Seunghoon really sounded like he meant it. A small smile formed on Mino’s lips, when he looked at him.

 

”Of course I’ll forgive you but I don’t understand for what.”

 

”You don’t need to.”

 

”Slightly suspicious.” Mino gave a laugh so much, that Seunghoon smiled, which seemed like bothering his bright muff too much with thoughts.

 

”Can I ask for something?”

 

”Sure.”

 

 

 

He seemed to think for a while, how would he say it and his gaze was wandering everywhere else expect in Mino. His lips moved slightly, but he wouldn’t get anything said. And finally, he managed to say something which sounded so desperate, that Mino wanted just hug the boy:

 

 

”Don’t.. be like them.

 

 

 

 

 

”Never.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One the next morning Mino slept like a baby, so he didn’t hear Bobby stepping inside staying to play with Gunhee, loudly. The time was twelve then so Mino had slept nine hours already, because had came home at three am.

 

 

 

 

 

”Hugeboy!” Bobby screamed as he opened his room’s door and switching on all the lights that Mino would wake up.

 

The amount of light bothered Mino’s dreams and he pressed the pillow on his face tightly, but he didn’t move more, because he just wanted to sleep and slew..

 

”Wake up goddamit.”

 

”He doesn’t wake up from that.” Gunhee muttered like he knew, how would Mino wake up.

 

”From what then?”

 

”Jump on top of him.” Mino didn’t have the strength to say anything, so he was preparing for the jump, but he was too slow, when Bobby’s weight crashed on his bed jumping and jumping..

 

”Do you know what day it is today?” Bobby sang excited, he had drank coffee again. You couldn’t just notice it but you could smell it.

But Mino had to think about for a moment. Now was wednesday and it was his birthday.. 

Bobby jumped half-gently on top of him, which made Mino finally wake up and open his heavy eyelids.

 

Mino didn’t have any strength to answer so he just muttered something familiar to ’yes’ with a really deep voice tired from under his blanket.

 

”Well get up then.” Bobby grunted, until said again pretty excited: ”Birthday boy.”

 

 

He had stopped celebrating his birthday a long time ago. People where always wondering, why didn’t celebrate his birthday, which Mino thought was annoying. Birthdays were made too big of a deal and he didn’t enjoy being the center of attention, so it wasn’t his favorite celebration. Bobby should’ve known it at this point already.

He just muttered something again as a response and pulled the blanket on him, but Bobby grabbed it and pulled it off  his half- body.

 

”There’s plans for this day, so get dressed.” Bobby stated and slammed his hand on Mino’s bottom. He threw some clothes on top of him and walked out of his room with cheerily steps.

 

 

 

What kind of plans… Mino thought as he gathered strength to wake up. When he was still slowly waking up he put on the clothes Bobby chose, very non-Bobby-like clothes, ripped black tight jeans and a white blouse. Bobby had probably thought about the clothes for a long time and then chosen the most non-stylish clothes in his opinion.

 

 

After getting dressed he walked to the living room, where Bobby was waiting with Gunhee, dressed nicely, on the couch an excited aura shining around them, but Mino didn’t understand from what and why.

 

”All right.” Mino stated wanting an explanation and both boys were grinning.

 

”Today is everyone’s lucky day.” Bobby said purposely teasing and cutting his words.

 

”Tell me more..”

 

 

Bobby stood up from the couch pulling two passports from his back pocket. Mino figured instantly, that they were doing something illegal, for a change… Bobby raised the passport to Mino’s face’s level and pointing the year number. 1995.

 

”Since when I became twenty years old?” he gave a laugh amused by the thought, that he looked so much older.

 

”Listen we all have become a little older - look, I’m born in 1993.” Bobby explained laughing at the end, but Mino looked at him and smiled slightly, but hesitating. He just knew, that they were going to a bar tonight, but he couldn’t..

 

”Who do you mean by everyone?”

 

”Umm.. like everyone.” Mino hated responses like that, so Bobby continued:”Junhoe, Hanbin, Jinhwan, Taehyun, Chanyong, Sangwoo, Jiwoon, Jin and..”

 

”Me.” Gunhee added, when Mino had thought there were no end to the list of people.

 

”You?” Mino was shocked and stared at Bobby censoriously, who didn’t look concerned.

 

”C’mon Mino. Let’s go to Jinhwan’s place for now and then in the evening we’ll go to Seoul’s center by a taxi.”

 

Mino sighted heavily at the same time, as they went to pick up their stuff before leaving, even though his interest wasn’t really high.

 

He felt, how his phone’s weight increased in his pocket. He was supposed to see Seunghoon before his rehearsals at the evening..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived Jinhwan’s house’s yard he instantly took out his phone and stayed for a smoke with Bobby, even though Mino intended to stay for a smoke alone…

He wanted to explain to Seunghoon quickly, why he couldn’t see him. He couldn’t avoid this boys’ plan.

 

 

”Why do you look so nervous?” Bobby asked calmly sweeping his black hair, which tangled in the strong wind.

 

”I’m not sure when dad is going to return.” True, but it still wasn’t the right reason. Mino typed a text message first to his dad asking, when would he be home and after that he looked for Seunghoon’s number and sent a apologizing text message and asking, if they could see still later at evening.

 

 

 

But that night just became longer than Mino could’ve guessed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone, who Bobby had mentioned earlier were in Jinhwan’s home, which was the cause of strong men’s cologne and the loud yelling because of war-games. The most he was nervous seeing was Jin, after the party or Chanyong, who maybe hated him a little, after he had made out with his little sister.

 

 

Jinhwan greeted them already a beer can in his hands as they walked inside. Taehyun, Hanbin, Jinhwan and Junhoe wished him happy birthday, which was more irritating than he remembered. 

 

Mino just wanted to avoid people as much as possible, so he searched for the most far-off wall plug from the downstairs’  fireplace room and stayed there for a while alone.

 

The comfort his phone gave wasn’t so satisfying as he had wished. His social media was full of birthday wishes, even though he had some long time ago hid his birthday.

A message suddenly appeared from his dad telling, that he would be home on the weekend. He felt so miserable, because he knew that soon his dad would boss around, he would be forced to go to school, he would be yelled at and just couldn’t stand it at all.

 

 

”Minoo. Are you here?” familiar mellifluous voice asked from the stairs walking down and soon he appeared to the fireplace room’s corner.

 

”Ahh, hi Jin.” Mino stated soulless, still thinking his dad’s arriving, but now he was more nervous about Jin’s existence.

 

”I feel, that I should apologize.” Mino was surprised when he heard that and it was surely seen from his expression. Jin sat on the black couch’s armrest next to him. His perfectly dark, medium length, wavy hair streaming on his forehead, when he dangled his head slightly towards the floor.

 

”I still want to get along with you and you probably know that I didn’t want you to die or anything.” Jin looked like he was really regretful.

 

”Yeah yeah, it’s all right.” Mino didn’t want any extra drama, so the answer came fast as a lightning. Jin turned to look at him and smiled his teeth showing and eyes twinkling with excitingness.

 

”Awesome.” Jin said with his normal cunning voice and lowered his hand on his shoulder. Fortunately there were people like this who with it was easier than easy to make up.

 

”Come upstairs with us?”

 

 

 

Mino peeked at his phone screen quickly. Still no response from Seunghoon.

 

He nodded and walked after him upstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

”And then my dad said to mom that it’s about time to give our son to try alcohol and went to buy me 12 beers before they left.” Jinhwan explained laughing already a little bit drunk after couple hours of his drinking at the dining table, which was full off ordered pizzas and beer cans.

 

Mino sat around an oval shaped table between the wall and Taehyun, at the very back sipping the beer Jinhwan gave him. 

 

Jinhwan sat at the table’s edge between Chanyong and Sangwoo and Mino got occasionally in a unpleasant eye contact with Chanyong.

 

”My dad bough me a carton of cigarettes when I said it helps me to concentrate.”  Hanbin gave a laugh next to Taehyun continuing the conversation, which Mino was barely listening.

 

”Is everything okay?” Taehyun asked when he noticed the boy watching into the distance from the window which was next to the table.

 

”Mhhmm yes, just tired.” Mino answerer heavily without taking his glance of the coffee shop across the street, where a beautiful canaan dog was sitting in the yard.

 

He followed the situation like a TV-show, how the dog looked nicely the people passing by. Tongue hanging and sitting nicely.

 

 

 

Until suddenly, some unkempt bearded european man in his leather jacket took the barking  dog aggressively like he owned it. Disgusting.

 

 

 

 

”I painted with nail polish on my passport, that I’m born in 1993.” Junhoe said, making the others laugh and Mino looked at the clock on the wall, which pointed half past four. He was supposed to be with Seunghoon at the moment.

 

 

Suddenly everyone looked at him like they were waiting for something.

 

”What?” Mino wondered, when Jinhwan looked like he had tried to get his attention for a while now.

 

”Bobby said that he won’t let you go home until you are wasted.” 

 

Mino looked at Bobby who was smiling his eye looking like crescent moons and raised his beer can to him without noticing, that he poured a little bit of beer on himself. Was he a little drunk too already?

 

 

”Well but if Mino would cheer up a little then maybe he could enjoy this night.” Chanyong stated like he was all funny and stuff, but Mino hated that way of telling something - like he wasn’t even there. The others probably noticed the electricity between them.

 

”I might need painkillers before that.” Mino stated and stood up from the table, but he wouldn’t let him go so easily.

 

”Maybe Jin could help you again with pill choices.” Chanyong continued to annoy him, but several laughs accompanied his words and Mino just sneered and swallowed his bitterness as he walked downstairs.

 

 

If he would get drunk tonight he would definitely hit Chanyong, no doubt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He sat on the couch and took his phone starting to scroll through the notifications. Happy birthday.. Happy birthday… Happy birthday… Nothing interesting and even Seunghoon had not answered, so Mino went to check, if the boy had even read the text and oh boy - he had and Mino’s heart started to do backflips.

 

 

Even better that someone had seen Seunghoon’s response, when he had been upstairs.

 

 

 

Seunghoon

It’s fine, have fun.

 

 

Fear, horror and all uncomfortableness mixed inside of him and he just wanted to disappear in a hole. Who had seen his text messages? Whoever it had been, the result wouldn’t be any good.

 

 

 

 

 

He managed to be half an hour alone, until Jincame to pick him up to upstairs, because they had decided to go to the hot tub at Jinhwan’s backyard, which was surrounded by tall pushes to protect their privacy and about half of them went to the hot tub , which fitted tightly eight boys their size. Mino didn’t almost agree to it, but somehow Jin managed to talk him in, even though Chanyong was there at the same time.

 

They spent hour and a half in there, and Chanyong wasn’t that awful to him, but he was still the first one on the list, who he expected had watched his phone, but in other hand Chanyong had been upstairs the whole time.

 

 

 

 

 

They had told tired and drunk jokes in the tub about girls and each other, which Mino managed to get apart of with the help of his slight drunkenness. He  started to forget his bad feeling little by little.

 

To his surprise he had managed to get into a party state, when he stood up from the tub and Jinhwan had even fell in the shower a couple of times.

 

 

They started to leave towards Seoul more than half of them alcohol flowing in their blood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were louder than ever and they just yelled at each other in the taxi too during the whole drive, even though there were no reason to, but they were having fun. Mino didn’t even take notice, how stupid idea it was to go and get drunk in Seoul with a group like that.

 

 

As Seoul’s colorful and tall buildings raised around them, their volume lowered little by little and some of them tried to get inner peace so they could even get to the bar which was in front of them.

 

 

 

 

 

Gunhee was the youngest and Mino didn’t let the big drink yet, so he payed the taxi driver as the only reasonable one.

 

The bar was middle of a street, which was surrounded by dozens of different kinds and different colored signs enlightening the dark streets. The music was thundering from every direction and you could smell the alcohol even if you didn’t want to. What was the time anyway, because it was so dark?

 

”Who’s going first?” Jin laughed and looked, how Jinhwan threw up in a garbage bin which was ten meters away from them. He wouldn’t get in.

 

The oldest ones Jinwoon and Chanyong could legally walk inside the bar, when the other stayed  on the street couple meters away to prepare. This was one of the rare situations when they tried to get inside a bar, so it was exciting.

 

”Okay, me, Mino, Gunhee and Jinhwan let’s go first.” Taehyun states and started to mirror his looked from his phone’s front camera.

 

”Why the hell?” Junhoe of course questioned.

 

”Look we aren’t as drunk as that one, so maybe it will bring some balance to this situation.” Taehyun announced, but when like a magnet Bobby and Hanbin rushed before them to the bar’s door, where the guard stopped them.

 

They didn’t get in and the guard rudely pointed them to leave. They started laughing at the boys, who walked towards them disappointed.

 

”We’ll go somewhere else.” they stated disappointed and started walking somewhere staggery. Mino thought it wasn’t smart to disperse, but they wouldn’t listen to him if he said it.

 

 

They gather their group and went to the bar’s door, but Mino was nervous and his hands were sweaty. Taehyun and Jinhwan got in before them without realizing, he was under the guards’ judging eyes.

 

The guard was tall probably two-hundred centimeters tall, almost bald and his muscles were bulging from under his black clothes.

 

”ID, please.”

 

Mino handed his ID to the guard, who nodded his face wrinkled after a second of thinking and Mino stepped into the tropical air in the bar his eyes wide open looking around him. He was already feeling hot. There was a round shaped bar stand in the middle of the bar and there were similar tables around it a lot and lots of people dancing under the colorful lights.

 

 

He walked towards a table everyone else was at and there the real fun started, when they started ordering drinks.

 

 

 

And after that, Mino lost his sense of time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

”Mino! Mino! Mino!” people cheered for him over the music, when he took his fourth drinking game’s shots with a random stranger at the bar stand and his head was so messed up that he wasn’t sure if he would even remember his phone number, if someone asked it.

 

 

 

He won the game, but his that was on fire, so he ordered more drinks. He almost fell on the bar stool and suddenly noticed Jin grinning next to him.

 

”That one girl has been looking at you.”

 

”So what?”

 

”I could get you two together, as a birthday present.”

 

Before Mino managed to answer negatively Jin got the girl’s attention and she walked next to them with her black heels like she waited for this moment for her whole life.

 

”Jin, I don’t-”

 

”Quiet. This is Mino, he would want to buy you a drink.” Jin talked in his behalf, which was annoying and there was buzzing in his head anyways.

 

”Hey Mino.” the girls said, but Mino couldn’t focus well.

 

”I feel a little sick.” Mino muttered to Jin, who stood between them like forcing them together. Mino stood up his sight blurry and spilled his drink on the girl.

 

The too-drunk Mino didn’t realize anything but continued to walk towards the toilet, but bumped to someone suddenly - not literally. He saw Chanyong in between a rumble in front of the toilet with a man, but yet without any physical touch.

 

”What’s happening here?” Mino asked curous and tried to get to the bathroom.

 

”It was him.” Chanyong stated and Mino felt immediately sharp and hard knuckles on his nose and fell on the parquet floor and his eyed were messed up big time. He heard steps walking towards them and he tried to get up, but go a top of the shoe in his chest. He tried to quickly curl up, when he couldn’t think of anything else, but got a few more kicks on his back. Now even his body felt like it was on fire.

 

There were shouting happening around them, but he couldn’t hear what the shouting was about. A small fear of passing out captured him, until someone lifted him up and recognized one voice.

 

”What the is your problem?” Jin yelled and from a blurry perspective he spotted Jin’s white y and Chanyong’s grey blouse so, that Jin hit Chanyong creating confusion inside the bar.

 

Mino was walked out of the bar and he could taste the blood in his mouth, which made him throw up like from a command outside of the bar.

 

”Someone will get this man a taxi.”

 

”No wait my friend is still in there..” Mino tried to explain panicky to the man who he didn’t even recognize because of his still blurry vision. He fell on the streets’s asphalt next to his vomit - or on it and started to get back his vision little by little.

 

”Don’t touch me.” Jin’s amused voice was heard from the door soon and Mino noticed with clear outlines a guy who’s white shirt was filled with blood.

 

”Is that your friend?” the guard asked him concerned probably praying, that he’d get them out of the bar’s territory.

 

”Yes! Jin come hereeeeeee.” Mino yelled out relieved and tried to wipe the blood coming from his nose to his shirt, which’s buttons had opened earlier.

 

”Mino goddamit. What is happening?” Jin asked crashing to sit ned to him almost pushing Mino on his side.

 

”I don’t know.”

 

”All right, there’s your taxi. Where do you live?”

 

”I think I want home.” Mino said to Jin, who breathed heavily next to him his hair tangled his face sweaty and bloody. Actually at this moment Mino jut thought, about that he could still see Seunghoon, even though he didn’t know what the time was.

 

”What’s the time?” Mino asked the guard, who looked annoyed.

 

 

 

The guard used his muscles and lifted the boys inside the taxi one at a time and Jin muttered out a weird address to the taxi driver, which Mino had never heard before.

 

 

To Mino’s surprise he found his wallet and phone still in his pants’ pockets and started to type a text message to Seunghoon.

 

Mino

Couldnb youuuiui see me nowq??

 

 

”What’s the ing time?” Mino grunted and Jin answered half asleep: ”Something am.”

 

Seunghoon

Are you drunk?

 

Mino

A little but itsss okayuyt

 

 

Seunghoon

Aha.. at the playground in a half an hour?

 

Mino

okewwewy

 

 

 

”Jin do you remember that ty playground near where the snobs live?” Mino asked while poking Jin.

 

”Yeah.”

 

”I need to get off there.”

 

”Why the ?” Jin raised his eyebrows his eyes almost closed because of tiredness.

 

”It’s not a long way home from there.”

 

That explanation would never be believable if you said it to someone who was sober, but it didn’t bitter Mino, when Jin told the address where to leave him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

”Wake up, mister.” Mino heard the taxi driver say and Jin wasn’t in the taxi anymore when he opened his heavy eyelids.

 

”The drive has already been payed.” the taxi driver stated and Mino started to get out of the taxi shocked and dead tired. Where was he anyway? Where were everyone else?”

 

”Good night.”

 

”Good night.” Night. How much was the time again? There was dark outside and he was spinning around for a while before he noticed the playground on the other side of the road.

 

How did he manage to stay alive?”

 

 

He walked to the playground and saw Seunghoon sitting on the edge of a sandbox under a eerie light in his black Adidas sweatsuit. Seeing Seunghoon felt relieving his heart weight again.

 

”Heyyy..”Mino said slowly, walking unsteadily forward. Seunghoon lifted his glance up, which was really tired. Seunghoon’s expression was half-shocked and half-tired.

 

”What’s the time?”

 

”Two am I think.” he answered with a yawn. Did Seunghoon stay up for him?

 

And you wanted to see me?” Seunghoon wondered amused, but the anxiety shined om his face, when he looked at the boy’s wounds.

 

”Well yeah..” Mino answered rubbing the back of his head awkwardly and sat on the ground, without even touching the edge of the sandbox with his .

 

”You got into a fight?” Seunghoon asked as he touched the white blouse’s collar which had dry blood on it. He stared at it with observant eyes. Mino didn’t remember a moment before, where Seunghoon would’ve touched him on his own will. 

 

”Yeah, I just don’t know why.” Mino laughed to himself and felt how the world was till spinning.

 

”You still had fun?” Seunghoon questioned slightly judging Mino’s messing around.

 

”I don’t know.” Mino answered as he rubbed his face with his hands the night’s events blurry and fast forwarded like a film in his head.

 

”Some didn’t even get in and I don’t know where everyone are and my fingers are shaking so much that I can’t use my phone.” Mino complained and continued:”And my head hurts so ing much. I will never drink again.”

 

”Fortunately I don’t need to drink ever.” Seunghoon sighted glancing at the sky again.

 

”Why?” Mino wrinkled his eyebrows. It sounded boring.

 

”Heart’s hypo function, I cant’ drink alcohol and iit’s quite strict what I can and can’t do.”

 

Mino stared at him without saying anything. He didn’t know much about the disease, but he wanted to hug the boy. What all the boy was going trough his life, it felt and and he wanted to help.

 

”Would it be weird if I hugged you?”

 

Seunghoon turned to look at him smiling cutely his eyes the chap of a crescent moon and cheekbones high up. 

 

”Is that Song Mino’s drunk talking?”

 

”No.”

 

”No?”

 

Mino shook his head seriously and Seunghoon’s smile fell slowly and showed his unsure glare, until he nodded,

 

Mino pulled himself up next to him and gently placed his hands on the boy’s back putting his head on his shoulder. Seunghoon’s pulse raised for a second, until it calmed down little by little, when Mino didn’t let go so fast. He didn’t want to.

 

 

 

They stayed there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mino walked slowly home at four am already quite sober and a light feeling inside him, he could thank Seunghoon about it. He still questioned his soberness, when he saw his dad’s car on the front yard. This was a dream.

 

He had to go home, so with a spare key he opened the door and stepped inside the house, which had couple lights switched on and he saw his dad’s shoes in the hallway. This wasn’t a dream. He would die, because Gunhee probably wasn’t home. He prayed, that he would be.

 

Slowly he tiptoed behind the office room’s door and heard a voice. His dad was talking on the phone about work things and vocabulary, which he barely understood. But some words came very clearly from his dad’s mouth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Moving, to America, in a week.

 

 

 

 

 

________________

OMG I FINALLY UPDATED! 

okay first of all thank for your

cute comments on me getting better

thank you I'm all better now ^^

Oh and sorry for the grammar mistakes 

I wrote this until like 11 pm or something.

Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter!