Who we are

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13

Jiyong have dreamt and prayed countless of times for the day when Taeyeon would finally remember and recognize who he is and who they once were but he never would have imagined that Taeyeon would find the truth this way. He accepted the fact that maybe Taeyeon will never ever remember what they shared before, he was genuinely satisfied with simply having her by his side. He never dared to even hope that Taeyeon will one day love him back, he was simply content with just loving her quietly.

He never wanted Taeyeon to know the truth this way.

Taeyeon did not know what to feel or how to react.

Her memories only existed from six years ago.

There was nothing before that.

Just emptiness.

It was as if six years ago she was suddenly born into the world in an adult’s body.

The first year after the car accident, she suffered severe PTSD coupled with anxiety and depression disorder. Her thoughts were disorganized and she hated herself for her memory loss. For the first few months, her nightmares about the car accident was terrible, it came to haunt and gnaw at whatever that is left of her. It took a tremendous amount of willpower for her to slowly crawl out of her dark tiny hole she has buried herself in.

She finally made peace with her non existent present and focus towards building a future that she will remember this time.

But suddenly now her supposedly pretend husband in her arranged marriage turns out to be her long time boyfriend?

But it doesn’t make sense?

Does it?

Jiyong gently ushered the confused girl to the sofa and propped her down.

Jiyong cleared his throat and he looked down as he intertwined his hand with Taeyeon’s “Actually, we’ve known each other since a very long time. You were 13 and I was 14 when we met for the first time. It was a clear dark night in the usually foggy San Francisco. Remember that dream where you saw a boy at the edge of a bridge? That boy was me. You were that girl who saved my life.” He finally look up to her eyes and tears formed in his eyes as he stared into the eyes his savior.

“You were that boy who almost committed sui-“ Taeyeon let out a gasp as more fresh tears starts to roll down her cheeks.

“Yes, but that story is for a different time. So you became my life savior, and to a 14 year old boy who for the first time was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter