Day 4

The Excellent Adventures of Princes Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk

Everyone unanimously decided (somehow) that their best bet in finding Eunhyuk’s OTL was to situate themselves as close to bodies of water as possible and ask around for anyone who could “sing the essence of the sea”.

And, no, of course they didn’t pull that one out of their memories. Onew had been contacted again.

The nearest sea-side town was one by the name of Ubiquitous, which is really a ridiculous thing to name anything. But at least it wasn’t Ubiquitous Korean International (idol) Super Star or Best Absolute Perfect or something like that, because that would have been just silly.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin almost immediately decided that they couldn’t be bothered, and spent more time being sickeningly sugary than actively looking for information. Kevin and Henry turned into a male equivalent of teenage valley-girls, skipping around and admiring the blue sky and brown dirt. So this left Eunhyuk with only Eli (who never once took his eyes off of Kevin, but it was better than nothing) to really talk and complain to.

“It’s just, I wish I had someone to love too, you know? I mean, you’ve only seen Kyu being cheesy around Sungmin, but would you believe me if I said that he’s the snarkiest, most sarcastic guy I’ve ever met? Love just seems like such a…nice feeling.”

“Yeah…”

“Would this be the appropriate time to break out into a song about love?”

At this, Kyuhyun craned his neck to glare at Eunhyuk. “Don’t you dare start singing,” he stated.

Eli shook his head empathically and placed a hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder. “If music be the food of love, play on. Let’s soothe both of our yearning hearts.”

Eunhyuk took a death breath and ignored Kyuhyun’s warning look of impending strangulation. “No-BAAAAW-dy KNOWWWWS the TRUBBBBLE AHHH’VE SEEEENNNN—

“I’m not sure that’s a love song?” Eli interjected thoughtfully.

“Oh.” Eunhyuk frowned, searching for the right song to come to him, a deeply emotional one that would truly express his sorrow and longing and half-empty heart. “BAAAAAAYYYBEH BAAAAAYYYBEH BAAAAAAAAYBE OOOOHHH! LYK BAAAYBBBEEEHHH~”

Eli just sighed and stared at Kevin more, while Henry’s ears perked up and he excitedly started to play his violin and sing along. Kyuhyun groaned and started to fastwalk, pulling Sungmin along with him. He got about ten feet before someone ran into him from the side. The singing effectively stopped.

“Oh man—I am so sorry—” the man who had collided with Kyuhyun picked himself up frantically and fussed.

“No, it’s fine, seriously. Don’t worry about it.” He brushed his clothes off as Sungmin pulled him up.

The man kept bowing and continued on a hysterical rant. “Really, I’m so sorry, I’m such a klutz, I don’t even know what to do with myself and now I’ve dragged you down with me too, and—”

Kyuhyun had to shake him a little to snap him out of his ramblings. “I mean it, it’s okay. You look like you’re in a hurry.”

It was Sungmin who took the (admittedly, very pretty) man’s hand and asked gently, “Is there anything wrong?”

The man drooped and he looked at Sungmin with sad eyes. “My son is sick,” he said. “The doctors couldn’t find anything wrong with him for the longest time, and since my husband and I are sailors, we haven’t been able to do our job for months now. We’re almost broke. But I heard that the gypsies are in town, and a friend told me that they know exactly how to help him recover. So I was running, but now that I think about it, I have no money to give them anyway for their service…” He slumped to the ground and cradled his head in his hands.

“Well...” Eunhyuk started, “we really don’t have a shortage of money. We can help you.”

“I can’t let you guys do that for me, you don’t even know me!”

“Seriously, it’s okay. We’re princes, we’re pretty loaded.”

In the end, the group (I don’t remember how many people there are now. Was it six?) convinced the man, who revealed that his name was Jaejoong, to accept their charity. They followed him to the part of town where the gypsies had set up a whole bustling bazaar.

“Okay, someone please tell me how this travel group got so big,” Eunhyuk, very tired by now, said exasperatedly. “We have Mr. Cynical, a stable boy who’s good for nothing but playing instruments, a bunny rabbit, an overly happy pretty boy, and a video game character who flirts with everything that moves.”

“Just…just Kevin,” Eli clarified.

Everything that moves.”

“So where are these, um, healing gypsies?” Kyuhyun ignored his brother’s angsting and said.

Jaejoong gawked for a bit at the scene. There were so many people. And, on top of that, all of the gypsies were blond. “Uh…I’ll ask around?”

Thankfully, the two blond people behind the apple stand were happy to give directions. Or at least, the deep-voiced one who called himself Bang was. The skinny boy next to him just nodded robotically at every word he said and stared admiringly at his…what, manager?

“Yah might wanna ask Himchan, he’s in the back,” Bang said. “Want me to go get‘im?”

“Yes please,” Jaejoong answered, because there wasn’t anything else they could do.

“Yo Zelo, go get Himchan.”

“Yessir!” the boy Zelo jumped and scurried into the tent behind them to pull out another blond man who was presumably Himchan.

“Hey,” Himchan greeted them. “What’s up?”

“They’re looking for them peoples who do the voodoo-ey magic stuff,” Bang said. “I dunno any of’em really, don’t hang with them much.”

Himchan gave him an affronted look. “Why are you asking me? Daehyun’s the one who associates with the weird people. I don’t even know what that boy gets up to every day anyway, he never talks to me.”

“Oh. Hey Zelo, can ya go get Daehyun?”

“Yessir!” The boy left and returned in about thirty seconds with another boy with a mask on his face.

“Daehyun, you know the people who do the magic stuff, right?” Himchan prodded the boy.

“Yeah,” came the muffled voice.

“Great, can you take these people to them? I need to get back to my animal shop, like now.”

“’Kay. Come with me.” Daehyun nodded at the group and stepped out from behind the stall. They all turned to follow him down the street.

“Wait, would you like to buy some apples?” Zelo piped.

They all paused, came back, and bought some apples. Then they really continued walking, Daehyun not saying a word the entire time until they arrived at an elaborately decorated tent with rich fabrics and gold lining and everything.

“Here,” blond boy number four said and abruptly started to walk back to where he had come from.

Surprisingly, the interior of the tent was quite plain, with nothing but a piano and a coffee table. Henry flipped at that presence of the piano, and was just about to touch it when someone came out from the flap in the back of the tent and just about flipped out at him.

“That—my piano—don’t touch—!”

Henry stepped away and waved his hands wildly. “Sorry! I wasn’t going to get it dirty, promise!”

The man (still blond, although it was really more rust-colored than the others) visibly relaxed. Then the flapped opened again and another blond man came in, sighing.

“Seungho-hyung, if you don’t want to people to touch your piano, maybe you shouldn’t put it out in front.”

Seungho chuckled sheepishly. “You’re probably right. Anyway, sorry for the lousy introductions. I’m Seungho, and this is my assistant, Thunder.” He shook their hands (not all of them; that would have taken forever) and Thunder waved. “What services do you require of us today?”

Jaejoong explained his situation. “My son, Changmin, has been sick for a long time now, and none of the doctors here have been able to help him. I heard that you guys can heal anything.”

“What’s wrong with him?” Thunder asked, pulling up chairs and motioning them to sit down.

“He spends all day in the bathtub, and won’t believe us when we tell him that nothing’s trapping him there and he’s free to get out. Every night, Yunho pulls him out when he’s sleeping so he won’t get too prune-y, but the next morning he just jumps right back in! We’re scared that he’ll drown himself one of these days, and we haven’t really been able to go anywhere for months.”

Seungho and nodded and his chin. “That doesn’t seem like anything too difficult to remedy.” He snapped his fingers. “Thunder! Please get the sprinkler and the white bathrobes. We have some performing to do.”

Thunder groaned. “This again? I hate getting wet!”

“It’s for the greater good,” Seungho eyed his assistant seriously. “Go on now, fetch the props!”

“Fine. This is the last time though, I swear.”

The older man sighed. “Why can’t he listen to me like Bang’s assistant does?”

“That’s because Zelo’s a robot!” Thunder called from beyond the flap.

“Don’t spread rumors about people just because they’re more obedient than you are!”

“Shut up!”

***

Finally, Jaejoong led them all to his abode, where a weary-looking Yunho greeted them and showed them to the infamous bathtub with Changmin singing in it. It took five of them to lug the tub outside at the gypsies’ request, as they set up their sprinkler and donned their white clothes. After a few attempts at getting Changmin’s attention, they started dancing, singing (Seungho), and rapping (Thunder).

“OH BABY YOU MAKE ME CRY!” Seungho belted as they both stomped the ground passionately, flailing their arms and getting rained on by the sprinkler.

“Suddenly I don’t like water very much anymore…” Changmin said somewhere near the middle of the song, where Thunder started to kick the water on the ground everywhere. And then…

HE GOT OUT OF THE TUB.

OMG.

Jaejoong and Yunho’s faces were like: D=

And then they were like: =D

The parents had a heartwarming reunion with their now mentally-right son while the gypsy duo stopped dancing immediately and turned off the sprinkler.

“How did…?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow skeptically.

“Well, magic of course,” Thunder replied, taking a towel to his hair and drying it furiously. “How else would this have worked?”

“I see.”

Jaejoong thanked the gypsies profusely and started to sob into Yunho’s shoulder when the princes paid for them. Seungho and Thunder waved goodbye after they were decently dry and left.

“Thank you so much,” Jaejoong grasped the princes’ hands and bowed a whole bunch of times. “How can we ever repay you?”

“You don’t have to, we’re not mercenaries,” Kyuhyun supplied. “…Even if that’s what we’ve really turned into.”

Yunho chuckled. “Well, if you ever need to go anywhere by boat, let us know and we’ll give you a free ride.”

“Well, that might help, actually. I’m looking for someone who ‘sings the essence of the seas’. Do you have any idea where I could find a person like that?”

“You mean like a mermaid?” Changmin spoke up. “I’ve never actually seen one, but some sailors say that they live in the sea and sing the prettiest songs they’ve ever heard.”

“Aren’t those sirens?” Kevin, the only one among them who actually read books, said.

“Nope, definitely mermaids. Haven’t you seen Disney?”

They didn’t argue with him and took what they could get. “Maybe I’ll find my OTL if we sail around a bit then,” Eunhyuk decided. “Our kingdom’s on the west side of this sea, so how about you guys take us on a trip there?”

“Consider it done,” Yunho smiled and shook his hand.

“You’re welcome to stay the night!” Jaejoong added. “We can get a guest room ready.”

“That would be great,” Kyuhyun nodded.

“Yay, sleepover!” Henry and Kevin squealed.

***

“I kind of want to dye my hair blond now,” Kyuhyun said as they turned in for bed.

“DON’T DO IT!” everyone else cried.

---------------------------------

A/N: Lol, is this even the same story? Filler chapter is filler, guys. It’s mostly just a set up for the rest of the plot. And yes, let me give you every other pairing on the face of the kpop universe whilst I tease with the lack of Donghae. *cowers and hides*

Anyway, you have Seungho and Thunder’s pepero kiss (courtesy of Mir, who is awesome) to thank for their random feature here, and my recent discovery of B.A.P’s awesomeness for the B.A.P. Like a boss. Also, Seungdoong were singing MBLAQ’s “Cry”.

By the way, follow me and ask me stuff on http://kyuteminnie.tumblr.com! Please do it. Do it or I'll get mopey and write crappy angst fics. You don't want to see me write angst fics. XP

And if anyone's interested in my artwork, here's my dA: http://fimbulvetrice.deviantart.com 

Sorry for any typos, I’ll edit this later. DX For now, sleep.