Epilogue: Ohmigawd It’s Finally Over

The Excellent Adventures of Princes Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk

Eli heaved a great sigh as he sat down on a boulder. He didn’t ponder wistfully and greatly, because he was done with that. After all, what was the point anymore? In truth, Eli was nearing the end of his patience. Was this Kevin’s passive-aggressive way of telling him he wasn’t interested, or was he really that oblivious?

“I loved him from the moment I met him!” he lamented. “I tried so hard, so has he really never looked at me this entire time?”

“Of course I have,” a familiar voice said from behind him. Eli gaped in shock as Kevin emerged from the bushes behind the boulder and sat down next to him.

“…What are you saying?”

Kevin gave him that bright smile he loved. “Who ever loved that loved not on first sight?” he said with a giggle. “Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.”

Eli stared in silence.

“I’m saying I love you too, silly.”

Tears welled up in Eli’s eyes as he tried to hold back bawling. “Dis is teh best dae of my lyF!!111” he wailed.

Kevin rolled his eyes and pulled this crying swordsman in for a kiss.

They ignored the fluffy red hologram that chirped, “Mission Complete!”

***

Eventually, Joon did find Mir with the power of the magic sneaker. He assured Mir that he loved him for more than the size of his foot, whatever that meant, only for Mir to snicker and say that he was just messing with him and “hey let’s go get married okay”. They did, and both returned to their respective posts in the palace afterwards.

The tall, dashing man who had conducted the royal wedding was never seen again. However, people who resembled him showed up in modeling and men’s health magazines, showing off their intense muscles.

Bob, the fire-breathing walrus, was scared out of his wits from his confrontation with Eunhyuk and turned from his evil ways. He became a forest monk instead. The temple in the mountains is now one of the most famous. It is also one of the most dramatic, due to the amount of fire decorating both its interior and exterior. The trees around it were all eventually removed for fear of forest fire.

Kibum is still a tree. He is a happy tree and would appreciate it if you did not tickle his trunk.

The area around where the sea beast Shindong resides is generally avoided. However, now everyone knows to just always carry some apples with them when they go sailing. Just, you know, in case.

Key and Jonghyun ended up starting their own two-man crew and took off sailing the world together. They created mini-legends everywhere they went.

The blond-haired gypsies boomed with business after word spread of their miraculous healing powers, and they became a popular attraction wherever they went. Thunder however, true to his word, refused to perform the sprinkler dance again. Seungho recruited a man named G.O instead. Bang and Zelo sold lots of apples, Himchan had and his animals, and no one really knew what Daehyun did.

Yunho, Jaejoong, and Changmin continued their careers as sailors, keeping the town of Ubiquitous well-supplied. Yunho was eventually made mayor of the town. Everyone loved him. Especially Jaejoong.

Seohyun and Yonghwa became the happy rulers of a neighboring kingdom. They had good relations with the King of Idyllic Vacation Spots, further prolonging the peace that was everywhere.

Hangeng the dragon made it back to the Kingdom of Androgyny in record time; in fact, he was there long before this story ended. After a month or so of the Lord Heechul screeching in his ear and crying about leaving him alone, the two of them settled down in the kingdom and lived together for the rest of their lives.

G.D turned his inn into a venue for bands and made quite a name for himself in the rapping industry. Unfortunately, T.O.P never asked for his autograph. He just cooked. Daesung was content to keep hunting, but often got up to sing whenever there were openings in the inn’s roster.

Onew never left the palace, but he did open up a restaurant on the side. Since they were thankful for all of his prophecies, the king and queen let him have a lot on the grounds.

Minho bid his post goodbye and went to live in the sea with Taemin as a merman (they didn’t really need the generals anyway). The two of them often visited their friends on land, but they also became very good friends with our resident sailors. Taemin continued to be the Sea Wizard for many years. But no one was ever scared of him.

Kevin never actually returned to the Kingdom of Androgyny. Instead, he traveled with Eli back to the Town of Origin (RPG Town) as his obligatory mage. They became the highest scoring duo of all time and became the leaders of the most powerful guild around.

Henry fulfilled his dream when he found Ryeowook and Yesung again one day and left to start a band with them. The trio traveled the continent playing music, and were a fan favorite at G.D’s inn.

Eunhyuk gave his position as crown prince to Kyuhyun and set out to travel with Donghae. The two had a more private wedding, but they invited all the people they had met on their journey. They rece every year to the palace, just so Eunhyuk could rub his adventures in his brother’s face.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin lived the rest of their lives happily in the castle. The pair was well known and much beloved by their people. The children of the kingdom especially loved Sungmin, who often went out to play with them.

King Kangin and Queen Leeteuk ruled for a very long time, and the Kingdom of Idyllic Vacation Spots remained peaceful for many centuries to come.

***

Too long, didn’t read? They lived happily ever after.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Thank you for reading! Even though it took me over a year, this story was a lot of fun to write. This will most likely be my last fic in the fandom, but I couldn't stand leaving it unfinished. T_T Amy, I hope you enjoyed it! And to everyone else, I love you! :)