Chapter~1

Dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sweeping, Scrubbing, Dusting. Repeat.
 

"Su Jin! I want you to vacuum the carpet after that! I will be back later! Okay?" my step-sister, Susan blurted out before walking out on me. She always goes out to pay her favourite person in the world-her idiotic boyfriend-a visit. Ever since she met him, my life has been a living hell.

 

I work at a Daycare that was once owned by my father, who passed away years ago and also my mother who abandoned us when I was only 6 years old. My father married a beautiful woman a year after my mom abandoned us. That beautiful woman has a daughter who became my step-sister. But then unexpected things happened that year. My dad and my step-mother died in a car crash heading back from their trip a few months after they got married. I still remember those awful days, I cried and barely ate for days. I'm grateful to my best friends because they helped me get through the situation and reminded me the promise I made with my dad. Starting form that day on, my step-sister is the only family left with me.
 

"Need a hand?" I looked up surprised to suddenly see Hei Ryung, my best friend smiling brightly at me. Peeking behind her was Chung Ho my other best friend. Hei Ryung is one year older than me, her hair is light brown and long having beautiful waves on it's tips. We look really similar but the difference between us is our abilities. She is atheltic and I'm not. She can sing and I can't, even though some people said my voice sounds amazing. They honestly deserved the award of 'The Best Liar In The World'.

Believe it or not, Hei Ryung's appearance is quite the opposite inside. I mean she is a little nice but you should never under any circumstance to get into a fight with her. A small tease or a joke you tell about her that she does not acknowledge as 'polite' causes you to be 6 feet under. To be honest, she is not a normal girl but that is technically her asset. 


Chung Ho has the same age as me and is really tall. He is a nerd though, I told him to join basketball but he refused to. He is kind and caring when it comes to people he cares about. What I really love about Chung Ho is him being very protective. He is my ideal brother and I would love it if he was in real life. Chung Ho has that 'model' look which caused many girls to fall for him. One time a girl asked to have a date with him but instead of a word responding, he humiliated himself by throwing up. Well that's what happens when he gets nervous, call me weird but I think it's kind of adorable.
 

I jumped excitedly on my feet and hug Hei Ryung tight like I didn't want her to leave me again. She just moved last week to a new town, she used to be my neighbour but then they had to move because her mom was transferred to a different hospital. Her mom is in a situation close to dying, sad to say but her mom is fighting lung cancer.


"I miss you so much, sorry I couldn't get in to that Art High School..." she said. I released the hugging moment and held onto her shoulders as my eyes looked through her own pair. I smiled at her.
 

"It's ok. I bet you tried your best...And guess what? I got a scholarship!" I said in happiness and hugged her again with Chung Ho.
 

"Woah, really? That is awesome!" she hugged tighter. My bone felt like it cracked and I winced in pain.

 

"Ow." 

 

"Oh gosh, my bad." Hei Ryung finally let go and I inhaled a deep breath. "It looks like you have a lot of work to do, do you need a hand?" 

 

"Uhm, sure...Thank you," I smiled. 

 

"I want to help!" Chung Ho said before smiling, causing his dimples to show up. I smiled at him in gratefulness. I watched as he picked up toys scattered on the floor and Hei Ryung drubbing the tainted floor. A smile suddenly formed on my face. What will I ever do without these living creatures?

The loud sound of a door being slammed open suddenly causing all three of us to freeze and turn our heads to find Susan walking her way towards me. Her face looked furious than ever alright.
 

"Is this what you call cleaning?" she screamed pointing at the painted floor. I blinked by the sudden action. What's with her? Did somethi

Please log in to read the full chapter