Chapter 2 : First Warning

Under The Sakura Tree

a/n: EDITED!


Seungyeon and Nicole gulped and looked at each other with frightened expressions on their faces.

“Don’t you know your own statuses?” said one of the girls angrily. “Tch. Such lowly people like you are not fit to talk to our Prince and Diva!” the other girl said before she flipped her hair in an annoyed manner.

Nicole’s eyes slowly turned into slits. “Yah! Why would you say something like that? You’re so rude!” she said angrily. Nicole couldn’t stand people like them. Seungyeon looked down at her feet and remained quiet. She didn’t want to be involved in the argument.

“Bwoh!?” exclaimed the fan girls in a mix of shock and anger.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps coming closer towards them. “Sulli-unnie… here’s what you asked for…” a girl said as she approached one of the four girls. She had long black hair with pale skin.

The girl named Sulli turned towards the girl and took a bucket of water from her. “Thanks, Krystal-ah,” she said sweetly as she smiled at her.

Seungyeon and Nicole looked at them curiously. Krystal, who also didn’t know what Sulli’s intentions were, asked timidly, “Unnie, what are you…”

But before she could finish her sentence, Sulli lifted the bucket in front of Seungyeon and Nicole and threw the water at them; drenching them from head to toe.

The fan girls laughed at the flabbergasted girls. Sulli smirked and said, “Don’t you think you deserved it?” before chuckling to herself; satisfied of her handiwork. She stepped in front of the drenched duo.

“This is the first warning. If you dare talk to our Prince and Diva again, both of you will get much more than this stupid water.” Sulli said as she glared at Seungyeon and Nicole. But before she could make another move, suddenly, all of them heard a voice.

“Yah! What are you all doing?”

-----


-Seungyeon‘s P.O.V-


Oh my God! What is with these fan girls! Why did they do this to Nicole and me?

“This is the first warning. If you dare talk to our Prince and Diva again, both of you will get much more than this stupid water.” That ‘Sulli’ girl said to Nicole and me. She glared at us but I looked back at her, unfazed. This is ridiculous!

I could sense that Nicole was ready to explode. I reached out my hand towards hers and clasped her hand with mine; trying to calm her down.

Before the crazy fan girl could make another move on us, we suddenly heard a voice, “Yah! What are you all doing?”

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see two girls heading towards us. Both of them were so pretty; one of them had an angelic face and the other was so cute. I bit the inside of my cheek. They were so much prettier compared to Nicole and me.

“Taeyeon-unnie... W-we… T-They…” Sulli stuttered as her eyes widened in shock at the sight of the cute girl. She quickly turned towards the other fan girls and said, “We should go now,” but her friends didn’t budge. Sulli grabbed Krystal’s arm and said hurriedly, “C’mon, let’s go!” Soon enough, the three fan girls walked away.

“Are you guys okay?” asked the girl known as Taeyeon sympathetically. We turned towards her and nodded. “Yeah, we’re fine,” I said timidly before I turned my gaze towards my feet beneath me.

I could hear her laugh. I looked at her once more; only to see a handkerchief handed out to me. I took it shyly. “Thanks,” I said as I smiled at her. She was so kind.

“Sica, give your handkerchief to her,” Taeyeon said as she nodded her head towards Nicole. The girl did as she was told, but Nicole shook her head calmly and said, “No thanks. I have my own handkerchief.”

“Well then. Let’s get both of your clothes changed, shall we?” Taeyeon said good-naturedly as she dragged Nicole and me away. As we walked along the school hallway, Taeyeon looked as us and smiled. “Oh, we didn’t introduce ourselves yet, did we?” she said before she giggled lightly. “My name is Taeyeon,” she said before she reached out her hand towards me for a handshake. I shook her hand happily and said, “My name is Seungyeon.”

“And I’m Jessica. Call me Sica for short,” the angelic-face girl said as she smiled at us, especially at Nicole.

“Nicole. Nice to meet you,” she said to them calmly.


-End of Seungyeon’s P.O.V-

-----


Once they arrived at the changing room, Taeyeon took two pairs of new uniforms. “Here. Go and change,” Taeyeon instructed as she gave the clothes to Seungyeon and Nicole. “Thanks,” the duo said in unison before heading inside separate stalls to change.

While they were changing clothes, Taeyeon asked curiously, “Hey, why did the girls at the hallway just now throw water at you guys?”

Seungyeon then remembered the boy that she met earlier. Her heart tightened at the thought of him; she still felt sad that he didn’t remember her. She sighed aloud in frustration.

Hearing the loud sigh coming from Seungyeon’s stall, Taeyeon asked quickly, “Seungyeon-ssi, are you okay?”

“Huh? What? Yes?” Seungyeon asked; not noticing the loud sigh she heaved earlier.

Taeyeon chuckled at the reaction and rephrased her earlier question, “I was asking why you and Nicole became soaked with water…”

“Oh, it’s nothing. The girls were just angry that we talked to their ‘Prince’ and ‘Diva’…” Seungyeon said before sighing.

“Oh. Well, I don’t think you should talk to the boys anymore because if you do, the fan girls will harm you till the end of time,” Taeyeon warned.

“I guess… Thanks for warning us,” Seungyeon said as she got out of her stall. She stood in front of a full-length mirror and examined herself before turning to look at Taeyeon. “But I’m still a bit sad, y’know? ‘cause I know the guy they called ‘Prince’,” she said quietly.

“You mean Onew oppa?” Taeyeon asked in surprise. “How do you know him?”

“I know him because…” Seungyeon started to say, but stopped short when the bell rang; signaling the start of the school day.

“Omo! We’re late!” Nicole exclaimed as she came out from the other side of the changing room. She rushed towards Seungyeon and Taeyeon with Jessica trailing behind her. Jessica tried to start a conversation with Nicole but it seemed as if Nicole was annoyed with her.

“Seungyeon-unnie, let’s go,” Nicole said as she dragged Seungyeon away from Taeyeon and Jessica.
-----


When they were half way to their class, Nicole let go of Seungyeon’s hand.

“Yah! Jung Nicole! Why did you leave Taeyeon and Jessica behind?” Seungyeon questioned with a hint of anger in her voice.

“I just… Don’t like them…” Nicole said quietly as she tried to avoid Seungyeon’s questioning gaze.

Seungyeon looked at her best friend weirdly. It was unusual for Nicole to act this way. After all, she was the opposite of Seungyeon. While Seungyeon was more of an introvert, Nicole was an extrovert. She was the mood-maker at their old school, and was the cheerful and friendly one between the two of them.

Seungyeon glanced at Nicole worriedly and asked quietly, “Are you okay? Why don’t you like them?”

“I just…” Nicole said before she stopped walking and closed her eyes. She breathed in deeply before turning to Seungyeon. “They seem fake, Seungyeon-unnie,” she said as she sighed. “I know that you like them, but… I just think that they’re going to cause trouble for us. I’m sorry.”

Seungyeon merely stared at Nicole before she squeezed her shoulder comfortingly. Seungyeon shook her head and said, “Don’t worry about it. Just… Let’s go. We’ll be late for our first class.”

They started to walk again, determined to reach their class – even if they were already late. But before they could go any further, someone stopped them.

“What do you mean you know him?”

 



 

a/n: No! No! No! It's BORING!!!!!!!! My grammar is damn !!!!!!!!!!!! sorry... now i'm so sleepy... so the story line is boring... I promise i will do it better! Exam is over! It's edited!

@lisa110 (*if you read this unnie...) : Thank you so much!