Chapter 1 : Who Are You?

Under The Sakura Tree

a/n: EDITED!


“Finally, I can enter this school,” Seungyeon said aloud as she gazed in wonder at her surroundings. She saw a couple of students giving her weird looks, but ignored the gestures. She spun around on her heel once before clasping her hands together excitedly. Seungyeon was very happy about attending her mother’s old school. After all, it was one of her mum’s many wishes.

She then remembered that she had to find her best friend before the bell rang in order to avoid being lost alone in the prestigious school. But before she could look around to search, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Boo!”

“Wah!” Seungyeon was shocked. She turned around and came face to face with her best friend. “Yah! Jung Nicole! Don’t scare me!” Seungyeon exclaimed while glaring at Nicole.

Nicole clasped her hands together and pouted. “Mianhae~” she said.

Seungyeon, who could not bear Nicole’s expression (because she always did that) chuckled and jokingly said, “Stop doing that okay? You look ugly.” Nicole laughed at the remark.

The two girls walked along the hallway; heading towards the school lobby before the school bell rang for classes to begin. Suddenly, they heard screams echo throughout the hallway; originating from the school entrance.

“Oh, what’s happening there?” Nicole asked in wonder. She looked at Seungyeon and asked, “Want to go see what’s up?” Nicole signaled towards the crowd at the school entrance. Seungyeon merely nodded in response.

Soon, both of them were surrounded by teenage girls as they stood at the crowded entrance. “Look, our school Prince and Diva has arrived! They are so handsome!” exclaimed one of the girls excitedly.

“Prince? I wonder who it is…” Seungyeon said quietly to Nicole. “Yeah, me too…” Nicole replied. After all, they were both new to the school.

The two best friends held onto each other to avoid being parted because of all the pushing and shoving from the crowd of fan girls. They tried to see who these ‘Prince’ and ‘Diva’ were, but it was impossible!

Finally, they got a glimpse of two boys making their way to the school entrance. When Seungyeon looked at the boys closely, she realized that one of them was the boy she saw at the Sakura tree.

Seungyeon felt a mix of shock and happiness surge through her. “I’ve found you,” she said quietly as she stared at the boy with widened eyes. Nicole looked at Seungyeon because she didn’t understand. “Unnie, why? Do you know them?” she asked curiously. But Seungyeon didn’t answer Nicole’s question. Instead, Nicole looked on in shock as she watched Seungyeon walk towards one of the popular boys.

“Hey, wait up!” Seungyeon exclaimed. Both of the boys stopped walking before turning around.

”Um… Hi. Do you remember me?” she asked as she looked at the boy’s familiar face. “We met under the Sakura tree a few days earlier,” she said to the boy who the fan girls called ‘Prince’.

-----

-Onew’s P.O.V-


Once Key and I got out from the car, we saw many people gathered in front of the school entrance. I sighed. It happened every morning. I shrugged before walking with Key towards the school entrance.

“I am so sleepy…” Key muttered tiredly before letting out a yawn.

“But I thought you slept the whole day yesterday?” I asked as I stared at him weirdly.

Key stared at me before yawning again. He rubbed his eyes and sighed in frustration. “I slept. But my mind was not resting… Because I was dreaming about a beautiful girl…” he said sleepily. Before he could finish, someone called us from behind.

I turned around and saw the same girl I saw days earlier under the Sakura tree. I felt happy inside because I got to meet her again, but at the same time, I knew that I couldn’t speak to her familiarly.

“Who are you? I don’t know you… Please leave me alone,” I said to her roughly. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Key was a bit surprised. The girl and her friend were somewhat shocked, too.

“Yah, hyung! What’s up with you?” Key whispered in alarm.

“It’s none of your business,” I replied harshly. He couldn’t know that I knew her.


-End of Onew P.O.V-

-----


“But… I know you know about the Sakura tree story, right?” Seungyeon asked in desperation. “We were meant to be,” she said as she tried to convince him.

“He said that he doesn’t know you…” Key said to her harshly.

Suddenly, Nicole stepped in front of Key. “Yah! Don’t you dare speak to her like that! She said that she knows him, so she must surely know him, alright!?” Nicole exclaimed angrily. She couldn’t just stand there without doing anything when her best friend was involved in this whole situation.

Key looked at Nicole in surprise. Even the fan girls gasped in shock at her outburst. They could not believe that someone like her – well, anyone, in fact – would treat the Diva like that.

His eyes narrowed into slits as he glared at the fiery girl in front of him. “How could you…” he said, but was cut off by Onew.

“You think I’ll believe that stupid Sakura tree story? Huh. In your dreams!” he said harshly as he stared at the petite Seungyeon. He scoffed before turning to face Key and said, “Let’s go.” The two popular boys walked away, leaving the girls behind. Most of the crowd of fan girls also left to follow their ‘Prince’ and ‘Diva’.

Seungyeon looked down in sadness. She felt like crying right then and there, but held the feeling in. Nicole looked at her best friend sympathetically.

“Seungyeon-unnie… Are you okay?” Nicole asked as she squeezed Seungyeon’s shoulder in an effort to comfort her. Seungyeon looked up at Nicole with a small smile, but her eyes still held a hint of sadness. Despite that, Seungyeon answered, “Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s go. We’ll be late for class.”

But before they could leave, two girls stopped them in their tracks.

“How dare you talk to our Prince!” One of the girl exclaimed angrily as she glared at Seungyeon. The other girl then pointed her finger to Nicole and seethed, “And you… How could you talk like that to our Diva?”

Seungyeon and Nicole gulped and looked at each other with frightened expressions on their faces.


a/n: [IMPORTANT: Erm i forget to write the reason why Nicole school at there also... Nicole is rich... SY and Nicole could not be seperate... They have been friends since kindergarden ]

  Lol! i manage to update today! i use the computer secretly... sorry for the grammar mistake and speling... :D

please comment!