Chapter 3 : The Cousin

Under The Sakura Tree

 

a/n: I AM VERY SORRY!!!!!!!!!! I broke my promise.... :(  I was very busy! i hope you all forgive me... enjoy reading! 

oh i forgot! Please vote!


 

 

“What do you mean you know him?”

A girl’s voice echoed throughout the hallway as Seungyeon and Nicole hurried to their class and they couldn’t help but stop in mid-step. ‘What now?’ they thought in unison; exasperated by the number of people approaching them that day.

The girl coughed and rephrased her sentence, unsure of whether they understood her or not. “How exactly do you know Onew-oppa?” she said calmly as she walked closer to the best friends. They turned around and came face to face with a doll-like girl. 

“What…“ Seungyeon managed to utter before Nicole interrupted her. 

Nicole looked at the girl with a steady gaze, seemingly unaffected by her beauty. Frankly, she was a bit pissed off by people approaching them just because they dared to talk to their so-called ‘Prince’. “Excuse me, but who are you exactly?” she said as politely as she could through clenched teeth.

The girl tore her gaze away from Seungyeon and looked at Nicole. She saw the look in the latter’s eyes and realised her mistake. “Oh, I’m sorry! I forgot to introduce myself, didn’t I?” she said hurriedly; worried that she may seem rude.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Goo Hara,” she said before she bowed 90-degrees to the two girls in front of her. Once she raised her head, Hara smiled and said, “I’m Onew’s cousin.” She extended her hand towards Seungyeon and Nicole, and shook hands with them respectively.

“I’m Han Seungyeon,” 
“…and I’m Jung Nicole.”

“Well, it’s nice to meet you two,” Hara said before she giggled lightly. She then turned to face Seungyeon and asked, “I’m sorry, but I didn’t get an answer from you earlier. How exactly do you know my cousin, Seungyeon-sshi?”

“I-I…” Seungyeon stuttered; afraid of what the outcome of the conversation would be if she told Hara about the myth. After all, everything which went wrong that day stemmed from the myth anyway.

“It’s okay. I won’t react like all those girls who caused problems for you today,” Hara said gently. “I’m Onew’s cousin, and I’d never love him like that.”

Seungyeon giggled lightly at the remark, and even Nicole who was mad minutes earlier felt at ease in the presence of the understanding Hara.

“Well, there’s this myth…” Seungyeon said nervously as she twirled a strand of loose hair. “My mother once told me that the Sakura tree at this school held some sort of magic—“

Before Seungyeon could continue, a loud stern voice pierced the air, “You three! What are you still doing in the hallways?” 

The girls flinched instinctively and Hara gasped in shock. 

“Ah! It’s Hyori-sunsaengnim!” Hara said in an urgent whisper. “Quick; you two go on ahead! I’ll distract her!” she said before pushing Seungyeon and Nicole towards the direction of their class.

“W-What?” Seungyeon squeaked out in shock; everything was happening so fast that her mind couldn’t completely comprehend the situation. “Unnie! There’s no time to lose! Do you want to get in more trouble on the first day of school?” Nicole urged Seungyeon and soon enough, both of them were zooming past the hallways to their classroom.

-----

After a few minutes later, finally they found their class. Seungyeon and Nicole quickly went in and bow to the teacher. The teacher looks at them curiously.

 

“May I know who you are?” The teacher asked Seungyeon and Nicole. Seungyeon and Nicole saw that the whole class looks at the both of them.

 

“Erm… Annyonghaseyo seonsaengnim. My name is Nicole and this is Seungyeon. We are both new to the school.” Nicole said to the teacher. Seungyeon nodded shyly.

 

“Oh! Yes. I’ve heard that. There are two smart students going to transfer here. I think it’s the both of you. And I hope the two of you have a good reason to be late on your first day Miss…” The teacher forgot Seungyeon and Nicole name. The teacher pointed her finger to Nicole.

 

“Miss Jung Nicole.” Nicole quickly said. And the teacher pointed her finger to Seungyeon.

“Miss Han Seungyeon.” Seungyeon said shyly.

 

“And what is the reason may I know?” The teacher asked them. Seungyeon and Nicole glance at each other. The both of them were scared. Seungyeon is squeezing her hand and Nicole is bitting her lips.

 

Before they could make up a reason the door suddenly open widely.

 

 

-Seungyeon's P.O.V-

 

“And what is the reason may I know?” The teacher asked Nicole and I. I took a glance at Nicole. It seems that the both of us are scared. I play with my hand and Nicole is biting her lips.

 

Before I could think an idea what are we going to tell the teacher, the door suddenly open widely. Everyone in the class gasp. They were all shock. I can see a boy make his way to the teacher.

 

“Hehehe… Sorry guys… sorry Miss Park. I accidentally kicked the door.” Said the boy to the teacher who I know now, Miss Park. The whole class started laughing. I can see that Nicole also laugh silently.

 

MissParkthen glared at him and then looks at Nicole and me sweetly.

“The both of you can take a seat back there. Because you two are the new student I let it go. But if you late again like this lazy boy (*pointed her finger at the boy) then detention.” Miss Park said. Nicole and I quickly go to our seat.

 

-End of Seungyeon P.O.V-

-----

“You! Follow me! How many time did I have to say, don’t come late. This times no excuse.” Miss Park pulls his ear out of the class. The boy makes a face because his ear is hurt.

 

“Ouch.. ouch… I’m sorry Miss Park.” The boy begged her. As they make their way out the class become noisy. Seungyeon and Nicole look at each other. They feel like a stranger.

 

“Unnie… I don’t know that this school is so scary.” Nicole whisper to Seungyeon. Seungyeon let out a small chuckle.

 

 

-Nicole's P.O.V-

 

“Unnie… I don’t know that this school is so scary.” I whisper at Seungyeon. Then I heard Seungyeon chuckle. Before I could said anything I feel someone poke on the behind on my shoulder. I turn around and saw a boy grinning widely at me.

 

“Hi nice to meet you…”

 



 

a/n: It's me again... i'm sorry again... :( this chapter is half edited... and i need a person that can edit my story... as in correct my grammar and spelling... my co-author is busy so she can't do it anymore... so someone please help me :D I don't think i can update my other fanfic by this weekend... :( and thanks for all the reader... 

Please comment! :D