Devotion

Love Me Free
 
 

Suzy kept her concentration straight up when once again she had turned around. This time, she was dashing to her duffel bag on the room corner. Mark who solemnly sitting by himself to keep an eye on the girl, has never took it off hers. His stares simply followed wherever she was moving to, at that point, he knew precisely she was approaching as soon as finished rummaging through her belongings. She was holding a black snapback and handed it to him.

“Have you looked for it?”

“Um…” He mumbled when taking it from her grip. It was the stuff that somehow has brought them to an unexpected matchmaking in the past. “Not really.”

Then he observed she was furrowing her brows. He said onward, “Does it annoy you when someone persists on saying that as an answer?”

“What do you mean?” She replied as walking away straightforward to begin again the dance steps.

“Not really.”

She looked at him yet again before she was smiling out of the blue, in place of him started giving his details.

“That’s what you keep saying that night when—“ He didn’t know why suddenly his head has gotten heating up when reminiscing it. He scratched it awkwardly while she was keeping a stable gaze on the fine-looking guy.

“This…” He showed the cap. “This is actually not mine. I just somehow grabbed it while rushing for a schedule way back in the dorm, and no one has come to me to ask for it—“

“Hey, I got practice to get through…or it could be done at dawn.”

She has put and index in front of , to hush him, and then he gestured a zip along his lips.

 

Mark was the type of person who, when you met him at first, he’d always be the reserved, quiet one or it might be simple common thought. People would never think that he would talk as much as, at least, Jr. of their group, to the person he already close or he sensed very comfortable to. Not to mention, people who he feel like he always wanted to be with.

 

Some times when Suzy was already repeating the steps for tenth, otherwise, more than thirty minutes of the long silence, Mark couldn’t hold any longer to begin another conversation with the girl.

“Hey…”

“Hmm?”

She was turning down the music volume and setting her eyes on him, quite afar from corner to corner. She feel like needing a break after doing recurring moves.

“I feel like wanting more chicken…” He uttered.

“Really? Even I’m still full by the yangnyeom—“

Just before she was keeping on what to say, he was already taking out his iPhone from the pocket. Suzy didn’t know why he seemed about to taking photos with its front camera when,

“I want to eat chicken like the one in ad, “ He really was taking pictures by himself. “Honey, cheese… Honey, cheese—“

She knew it was her latest chicken commercial. She threw a used towel to the annoying guy, whom she kind of glad to have company.

“Not only one, but two Suzy with— Honey, cheese—“

Mark kept doing the peace sign as still taking pictures, up until Suzy was indeed approaching him.

“Stop, stop it…”

And then he laughed out loud hearing her whines. He knew she blushed as putting her face on a palm whereas taking seat next to him.

“Seriously, I want to taste the cheeseling….” He took selfie once more with the peace sign.

She was then taking her face off by looking at him, quite embarrassed. However, it was all gone, in conjunction with her fatigue that appeared to have been swept away by Mark’s wit on that time.

“Why do you have to be so shy?”

He was trying hard to not laughing when saying that, she hit his shoulder for a couple times, which made he cracked for another moment.

“Ow!!!”

“Mark, please…”

“Alright, alright… Fine.”

He motioned her to stand up and continue the practice.

“You gotta treat me the cheeseling once—”

“Maaarrkk!!!”

She has returned to his place and smacked him more. He seized her hands fast, to make her stop, and then at some point their eyes met in addition it somehow freeze up the whole state. She was the one to try letting go from his hold, so did he was attempting to throw away the entire sudden urge.

“You look so good on that… I mean it.”

He was referring to the commercial, a bit stuttered.

“Ah… Thanks.”

And then an uncooperative stillness has occurred once more. Merely a jiff before someone thumped to open the room’s door.

“Mark,”

It was JB. Static, with the flat tone and his usual, unreadable expression. Mark knew whenever he came suddenly as that, it never was for a blameless purpose. That was why he swiftly got on his feet, while Suzy has barely looked at the uninvited visitor. She chose to glance toward the wall clock, it was nearly hitting twelve.

“Maknaes are waiting for their stuff. What took you so long?”

JB exclaimed as folding hands over his ribcage and Suzy quickly said a brief cheerio to her appreciated party.

“Thanks for giving me company…”

“How’d you go home? It’s late—“

They were still mouthing to each other.

“She can go home by herself.”

Again, JB made the situation had gone tenser. Mark was then her crown, the impulsive was coming from nowhere yet he still did it. She waved him a goodbye thereafter. At that moment, it was JB who was keep standing on the doorstep, in advance of her beginning the rehearsal over. In some way she knew the cruel soul hasn’t walking out from there.

“What are you still doing here?” She spoke over her shoulder, without even regarding him.

“Tch…”

She knew he was going closer, and then he was very near to her when he spoke right behind her spine.

“I believe you haven’t forget, I was the one who always accompanying you…even until the crack of dawn?”

She turned around, a bit shocked knowing his façade was so proximate, and hence she made effort to be calm about it. “You used to—“

She didn’t keep on what she was going to say as he was seizing with one of his firm limb. He was then cornering her to one of the divider.

“Yeah… I used to… I used to give you company whenever you rehearsing by yourself… I used to bring foods and drinks for your late night supplement… So, now, he’s the one who’s been doing that?”

She shook her head bit by bit, afterward, he was steadily releasing her.

“No…” For the reason that she uttered. “Why are you acting like this right now?”

“Why… Why am I—“

He was moving backward as he smirked. His veiled, frenzied self was appearing in edgy circumstances.

“You’re the one who gave up and walked away—“

“Yes… Yes!!!” His astonishing howl was filling the entire room, he had never changed the flat tendency so abruptly like this. There were only two of them on that lonesome night, in the room full of sudden void. “Yes, Suzy-yah! I was the one who walked away…”

She knew he’s way too different with the one she used to know well. Very well for exact.

“You can go… I… I got to practice more—“

“You want me to go as wanting him—“ He pointed to outward. “You want him to be here with you?!”

“Jaebummie—”

“Don’t call me like that anymore!!”

If only everyone knew, JB hasn’t had such manic, unpleasant appearance ever since…

“Why are you…being like this?”

She was trying hard to hold her tears while asking that, when he rapidly has standing in front of her.

“I’ve trusted you so much Suzy-yah, that’s why—“

 


 


 

A few years before…

 

JB and Suzy were planning to encounter at their remote meeting point, where in certain times only them were occupying the company secluded rooftop. It was almost a year after her debut and they were keeping things right on track. Their relationship was going smoothly as no one has figured it out, and JB was always there to support her doing the accomplishments. That night, Suzy was arriving late when she caught the boyfriend inspecting something from the small wireless on his grip.

“Hey…”

She came as wrapping her hands over his neckline, from his back, when she caught him was watching her earlier performance at the evening music broadcast.

“Yah!”

“Wh— whoa… Whoa…”

He was keeping the device on his clutch while she trying to snatch it from him. Nevertheless, his tall figure and much stronger grip were steady on keeping it away from her. She was taking seat on one of the stools, where he was then settled next to her. He spotted her pouting the mouth.

“What’s the matter?”

She sighed, “How many times I should’ve told you—“

“That you don’t like me watching you on stage? Yes… Am I right?”

She nodded, prior to he was brushing some of her fallen hair. He really valued whenever he could spend some time with the girl he loved the most, and her face what was he cherished the most throughout everything in this world. Mostly during his never-ending training session, even though he was dying to make his own debut, and seeing her was his only effective drug to keep on going.

“My Suzy look so stunning on stage…” He played the clip once more to show it to her. “See…?” And then he turned it off as she was not looking content. “Why? Whyy??” He with a fake nag.

“I hate it every time you see me on stage and I feel like I’m a different person on that…”

He has gently patted her head. “Who said it was a different person? Just my Suzy showing her different charisma. You know?” He gave a peck on her crown. “Whether you’re being on or off the stage, I like you equally as much and you are still the same person for me.”

At that moment, he hauled her for an embrace. It was what he always did whenever she feels bad or stressed about doing so many activities. And she was always considering of seeing him whenever she feels tired, as he likewise her number one encouragement beside her family.

“Can I watch it again?”

“Hmm…” She has merely answered it short, while placing her tired head onto his wide shoulder. “I wonder what is it that makes you love watching it so much…”

“You really want to know?”

He could feel then and there she was nodding. He waited for the right screen time and he paused when the camera was taking her solo shot, ahead of he was showing it to her.

“Mine.” He stated.

 

Several months later…

 

As almost each time, it was JB who was waiting for his girl, quite a while, as for her piling schedules. It was so barely for them getting to meet each other. And as the time goes by, the frequencies of their get-together time has gradually grown for few. It was when she wrapped her first successful drama and he was not so pleased concerning it. Speaking about a couple kissing scenes with her co-stars.

“Hey…”

She was coming as usual, wrapping hands around his collar, yet he was disallowing it.

“Huh… Hey…” She caressed his pate, and he was removing her hands from it.

“What’s the matter?”

“Nope.”

She knew him too well to tell that he was lying. And she spilled what’s on her mind straight.

“It’s about the intimate—“

“You got it right.”

He answered and regarded her, hence she knew she never trapped with a very cold stare from him alike on that time. She used to fell hard for his joyful eye-smile, the one that she sure favored the most. She didn’t know where he has grown such harsh intent look. Considering they haven’t met that many in quite absent. Then somehow he has gotten up from his seat, she seized his one sturdy arm.

“Where are you going?”

“Locking practice.”

It was true though, that he was preparing for his debut in the upcoming year. And she said something before fully letting him go.

“You trust me, do you?”

Still with the icy, harsh expression, JB shifted gaze to his girlfriend.

“Yes.”

“I love you…”

She whispered as seeing his back fading away, and,

“I love you as well.” He replied in his own silence.

 


 


 

JB noticed some streams already assembled on the eyes of the girl he used to care so much about. He moved toward, grasping her edges. He was then telling her things when their facades were barely had an inch of space.

“Don’t cry…”

She couldn’t hold it longer whereas seizing his severe watches, which she insufferable utmost.

“You know, I always loathe seeing you like this.”

And he released her mercilessly before leaving her alone in that hazy practice space. In any case, it was what on her wobbly perception. Suzy was feeling her head as unsteady as her knees fell to the floor. She resumed the weep hard and no-one else, onwards.