Alternate Ending

Love Me Free
 
 
A/N: This is for whoever stated and wanted KaiZy to have their own ending ;)
I can't stop thinking about my favorite ship lately and all I could do is to present this...
 
 

 

Even in the merciless hell of the world, the most sinned soul deserved the chance to start over.

 

In near perfect world owned by Mr. Kim, there was one great void that he couldn’t fill with anything, but Suzy. By the day he collapsed right in front of her, the last thing he could remember was her full of rage countenance, chaotically caused by his impulse.

 

It was true though, he wanted to ask her to marry him and soon, he could live the life he had always imagine with the one and only girl. Sometimes Mr. Kim could even picture the perfect setting to do the proposal. Perhaps some of the most beautiful places he had been to pop out, as he desired her to visit there with him. It might sound cheesy, but he did think about performing on top of the Eiffel tower. But then again, he remembered something horrible had almost happened toward someone he caught was conversing with Suzy in few occasions.

Eiffel Tower was crossed out from the list, then Mr. Kim thought about presenting at one of his family houses on the top of a hill in Santorini, or, tell some of his people to make a beautiful carving of ice in Jukkasjärvi in advance of the two of them will be arriving.

However, all his plans have been ruined since himself couldn’t hold it any longer. His bloody urge to say it in front of so many people— it was at the COEX, whereas it’s one of the buildings his father has officiated— oh well, sometimes just happened.

What’s done is done, he didn’t even have the diamong ring ordered and even if he did, it can take a whole week to be finished. He spoke to his sister for a couple times and she did give him ideas to create a custom finery to wrap on Suzy’s finger.

Mr. Kim shook of the thought that now at least, the world knew Suzy meant a lot to him as if she was his entire universe.

She is the entire universe, that one thing Mr. Kim was sure amid the odds and his complicated situation.

To conclude, Mr. Kim didn’t want to be defeated by his illness and someday he had to erase all memories remained about Suzy. He just wanted to be with her and that’s it if this unreal ingenuity has existed.

 

To this very span, Suzy has bid goodbye to Mark once she acknowledged what really happened, to the person she supposed to loathe up till her innermost core. It was when Jiwon told the entire story and Suzy began taking Mr. Kim’s hand to be wrapped by hers. Never did she perceived the gentleness within his intimidating presence and to her regret, it could be seen as he was in unconscious state.

It took longer than a sleep for Mr. Kim to regain his recollection. The hospital ward was a total mess by the next day he woke up and it took five men to tie him up before a doctor injected the sedative. There must be a price to pay, which Suzy has endured a bruise cheek caused by his shove, whereas she fell and hit the edge of the bedframe.

Jiwon was at hand later and stated, she did not require the younger to stay in. Suzy did think about leaving Mr. Kim and promised Jiwon she needed to meet him in good shape for one last time.

 

Suzy went to the hospital again to visit Mr. Kim on the next day. The sun was just up when she left her place advancing the purpose. The gorgeous girl has arrived when people still seemed busy choosing what for breakfast. She found Mr. Kim was sleeping peacefully when she walked into the room, barely a while when he opened his eyes and she knew he looked out of the ordinary.

“Ms. Bae…” Mr. Kim sounded so weak as he gestured her to get closer. Maybe it’s because the huge amount of shots they have given him yesterday.

Suzy dragged the chair and set next to him on the bed. “Hi, Mr. Kim… How are you feeling today?”

He answered by smiling as still partly was closing his eyes. At what time he disclosed, Suzy assisted him to lean on the headboard. He then perceived the band-aid on her left cheek and his hand reached up to it.

“What happened?” he asked.

She merely shook her head. “Nothing.”

Mr. Kim gazed to his surroundings because he didn’t buy her answer.

“What date’s today?”

Suzy sighed afore she replied, “Twelve.”

Mr. Kim exhaled as he knew exactly the last time he saw her was on the tenth. The silence then lingered between them whilst Suzy noticed his clenching fists. He looked at her well along, after drowned with his own awful thoughts and the one he didn’t want to recall the most had come up.

“I ought to think of letting you go, the last time I caused you hurt…”

Suzy sighted Mr. Kim’s lowered perception, as he resumed, “And last time we had a decent conversation, you said you have someone who made you wanted me to do so… Am I right, Ms. Bae?”

It was odd for him to expect her disapproval look at the moment. In which she really did while he was picking up the further reasoning.

“For the last time, I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience I have put you on so many occasions—"

 

It was the first ever sincere expression Suzy had trusted from Mr. Kim. It was his conceding that melted her uncaring heart, almost breaking the wall built by his supremacy. He was the only person persisted to be with her for a long time and it was her realization that surged ahead, to ponder him beyond affecting at the outset.

 

Suzy smirked vaguely as she stood up to rest one of her hands on his nape. The other was seizing his chin to compel him observing her. “You don’t have to feel sorry about this.” She said as leaning in to brush her lips against his.

It was their first kiss with no one was forcing.

At the beginning Mr. Kim was surprised, and he was too taken aback to shut his eyes for the opening three seconds. Afterwards, he was the one who deepened the kiss and formed a way for his tongue to meet with hers. The guy was eventually pulling her to settle on top of his lap.

“I don’t think you’re fit enough to proceed,” Suzy began hesitatingly as Mr. Kim was leaving traces on her neck.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been fitter than I am now…” Despite being busy, Mr. Kim spoke in response. Just because she stopped what she has been doing, he rested both of his hands and supported the girl, sat on his folded thighs who was looking at him.

“Why didn’t you leave when I tell you to, Ms. Bae?” he began again.

Suzy shook head, steadily still beholding. “Maybe I’m designed to disobey all your requests, Mr. Kim…”

“I’m serious,” he truthfully showed his concern. “It’s too risky for you to be around me and one day you have to leave—”

She stopped him with another kiss. “Now, I’m very sure I don’t want to.”

It was yet another first for Suzy to grasp Mr. Kim’s genuine beam, although he did it a bit shyly.

The girl realized that Mr. Kim could be so much good-looking— while smiling— and she wondered why she couldn’t grasp it faster.

“Did I dream this?”

“No…”

He pulled her then for a hug which was lasted so long.

Somewhere in between, Suzy whispered as resting her chin on top of his shoulder. “There’s one thing,” she halted to carry on nearby his ear tip. “From now on, start calling me Suzy, okay?”

Mr. Kim pulled a tad away to see her face clearly. Just for him to smirk in mere seconds, replying. “You can start calling me Jongin as well…”

“Nice to know you then, Kim Jongin.”

She curved the edge of her lips whereas he did the same with his.

“Nice knowing you too, Bae Suzy.”

They clung to each other, cuddling on his hospital bed.

“I love you.”

He said after some time, which obvious for him when she responded with nothing.

 


 

Suzy have the thoughts to move to London with Jongin, as soon as he was discharged from the hospital. She supposed as she couldn’t be away from him for any longer. The nation’s first love couldn’t fixate to concentrate, whenever she got an update that Jongin couldn’t recollect anything by the other day, and albeit, he began to hurt himself. Even the occurrences turned out to be seldom— after the time they decided to make a fresh start— the doctor stated his deteriorating health would still happen in sooner or later.

Suzy realized by that, she needed to step back from what had arose her toward the peak of stardom.

 

Jongin returned in the next month and asked her by himself to move in. Popping up the most important question, didn’t forget to make sure he had the custom ring designed by his sister on the inner pocket.

“Bae Suzy, will you marry me?”

He asked her while situating down on one knee. It happened at the simplest place he could imagine of doing it. He borrowed her apartment’s key from the manager and exerted every help he could find to decorate the all-white ornamented place. His men were downstairs, heavily guarded the building since the news about them had keep coming.

Suzy has definitely had the uncertainty in between. It was like yesterday when Jongin was an indecipherable someone who had the most authority to hurt her in the end. In any case, he would have the utmost power to do so if she was willing to be with him.

“Jongin,” she has rested her knees to the floor as he was following. Suzy grabbed both of his hands and wrapped it amongst herself. “Promise me, never hurt yourself as long as you’re aware of…”

“Suzy…” Jongin bit his lower lip, certainly was hesitating. She must be referring to the cuts on both his sleeves. “You know I can’t control it, my dear… When I forget even who I am—”

“But, Jongin, please…”

A plead he could perceive from her gentle look and voice, he wavered, “I can’t promise you on this one—”

“I love you, Jongin…”

He paused when Suzy told and wrapped him inside her embrace.

“That’s why I can’t stand seeing you get hurt.”

Jongin couldn’t contain his own feels and just burying himself within her. He her loose hair, patted her back lovingly and asked her instead, “You…really love me?”

Suzy nodded and he could sense it from the rear.

Jongin’s expression altered into a set of grins when they pulled away to gaze at each other. “So, about my earlier request—”

“Let’s get married.” Suzy replied with quite the same amount of beam and it made Jongin couldn’t contain his tears. Well, they both couldn’t hold it all along.

“I never thought this day when you’re granting my request will come…”

Jongin gave Suzy a peck to her crown while they were lounging on her living room couch.

Suzy squeezed to his midriff, huffing. “For the one like this, I’ll be requesting myself if you’re not…”

Jongin chuckled when hearing her persistent answer. He leaned on top of her head as he said over and over again. “I love you, Bae Suzy.”

Whereas now firm replied by her, “I love you, Kim Jongin.”

 


 

Their wedding ceremony was held in where they were residing. It was small and simple, but not less memorable. It was a very private event and attended only with their families and very close friends. The garden had set with a seventy percent proportion of white shade, just like her favorite color. And even though was a modest occasion, yet the impact it had given was completely different. The news about Kim Jongin and Bae Suzy’s joint in matrimony was what they called the headline of the year.

 

Suzy moved there by the time she finished her last project of a movie according to her contract and it was sort of difficult for her to announce her hiatus to the public. Jongin comprehended, but he could do nothing since his own wellbeing was everyone’s main concern, especially Suzy. It has getting worse and even their honeymoon must have postponed for a couple weeks after he hasn’t gained any memory, merely three days after they became husband and wife.

It kept getting severer on each incident, even now Jongin was tied to the bed every time he faced the inability to recall. Suzy ordered everyone to not giving her husband any sedative, because whatever it could do to manage his calm, yet it’d be not giving him even the slight better outcome.

 

Jongin set every morning— when he was in better condition— to watch constantly the videos he collected to keep his memories with Suzy. The wedding ceremony was his favorite and he must admit Suzy looked even more flawless than ever, wrapped in her white and beautiful wedding gown.

He was all alone every time he did his own thing in his utmost private room. Days and months have passed, as Jongin noticed more and more of its content, in which he could not remember. Sometimes he was hitting his self, since he was upset and questioned why he commenced to forget the one he could ever love. The fine-looking tycoon yet to promise, he only could do it whenever Suzy was not at reach, as he couldn’t let her see him being like this.

 

Their bittersweet story had lasted for a year.

 

It was a decent morning in September and Suzy was thinking what she could do for their next month, first wedding anniversary. One of the servants informed her that the husband has woken up and he couldn’t recall anything like what happened just a week ago. Suzy rushed upstairs and later to find Jongin was sitting calmly on the bed, with his blank expression then fronting her.

“Do you know what’s my name?”

Suzy put a hand to hold on Jongin’s cheek, while tears were trickling down her face.

 

Everything went so fast as Suzy couldn’t even detect how was living in such different place where Jongin needed to stay the rest at a hospital. The interval of a week had become fewer and least to her know, Jongin would keep forgetting her by the same day. And every time Jongin would recollect what he required to, he would spend the rest of it by crying and keep repeating to say he loved her so much that he never wished to do it this way.

Suzy would reply whenever Jongin said he loved her, and no matter how many times she needed to repeat it because the frequency of Jongin losing his memory was ultimately recurring by hours.

 

It was on the third week when Suzy was having her late coffee and one of the nurses came to tell her husband was requiring her appearance.

She came to the room where she had automatically sitting next to Jongin’s bed, as it was what she had done countlessly.

“Hi,” Suzy took one of Jongin’s frail hand and secretly hoped he would be calling her with the right name.

“I know you, Bae Suzy…”

Jongin curved the edge of his lips, faintly was staring at her. “Thanks for having me living my dream.”

Suzy didn’t do much when Jongin finally closed his eyes as she soon felt his pale body had being lifeless. Even at the moment, she was the one who kept saying ‘I love you’ and Jongin was not there anymore to hear it.

 


 

By early December, Suzy visited Jongin’s grave for the nth time, but this time she was coming to say goodbye. She recalled to months before when no one could make her leave this spot, as she just wanted to stay with Jongin. She got to move on, and that was what people who cared so much about her— even Jiwon— kept exclaiming. She laid the bunch of white lilies as she made sure herself to say what’s next.

“I’m moving back to Seoul today… But, I promise I will visit you from time to time…”

She tightened her grip on to his tombstone.

“I miss you every day…”

Just one more time and one more cry, she thought.

“I’ll always love you, Kim Jongin.”

She left shortly after her last sentence and by looking up to the gloomy sky, the rain would pour in no matter of time. Therefore Suzy knew Jongin would understand.

 

-FIN-