Emotional

The MSG to my Kimchi Stew

She rushed into the hospital with a light hearted, fluttery feeling.

Everyone in the hospital seemed to be beaming at her. Even that impudent receptionist seemed to be somewhat pleasant today.

“I can see him now. I got a call.” So Eun said confidently.

“Well, yes.” The receptionist smiled at her politely. “Room thirty six- it’s to your right, down the corner of the hall.”

So Eun giggled cheerfully before skipping down the hall.

 

As soon as she disappeared, the receptionist heaved a sigh. “Poor lady. If only she knew.”

“Knew what?” A nurse nearby asked her.

“Don’t you know Song Jae Rim? Well, he met an unfortunate demise during the operation.” The receptionist pressed her lips together tightly before shaking her head sympathetically.

The nurse frowned. “Then why the hell is she here?”

The receptionist shook her head once more. “According to what I’ve heard, the doctor received a call from her mom, dad, and manager, saying that she needed some sort of therapy of some kind.”

“Therapy?”

“Something like that. She’s in need of medication.”

“What? For what?”

“Psychopathy,” The receptionist answered, as she searched through the manila binders. “Personality disorder. According to her guardians, symptoms were shown.”

“She seemed pretty normal to me.” The nurse sighed pitifully.

“She’s just developed them, so no one can be sure, I suppose.” The receptionist rolled her eyes. “I just thought she was bipolar.”

The nurse suddenly groaned sorrowfully. “How very tragic! O woe is me!”

The receptionist glanced at her in mild surprise. “What is with you?”

The nurse sniffed, wiping away imaginary tears with exaggerated hand motion. “I was actually in the operation room when the doctors were performing surgery. You know, to hand them the tools and stuff. When Song Jae Rim –ssi died during the operation, the doctors decided to dissect his brain. You know, just as an experience to see what his brain was occupied with. We put all of his dissected membranes of his brain inside the TQPXZ7899934501 2015 Model 2 generator, and turns out,” the nurse paused dramatically once more, to wipe away imaginary tears. “98.09999% of his brain was focused on So Eun –ssi.”

The receptionist cried with the nurse. Invisible tears streaked down her face and to her lips, letting her taste her own salt-less tears. “That’s so sad. And I bet So Eun –ssi loved him back. How Romeo and Juliet of them…”

The nurse bawled, before stating, “I’m hungry. I wonder if brains taste good.”

The receptionist wrinkled her nose. “What weird taste you have! Well, there are remains of Song Jae Rim –ssi’s brain.”

And so the receptionist and the nurse transformed into blood thirsty zombies and devoured everyone in the hospital.

The End.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

.........................................................................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................

 

 

No, I’m just kidding. Ugh, I’ve disgusted myself, but I couldn’t help it. Please try your hardest to erase from your minds what I’ve written previously (in this chapter), and continue on with the rest of the story. Here it is:

 

“I’m not really craving for brains, though.” The receptionist muttered.

“What? How dare you!” The nurse thought considerately for a minute, before replying, “Meh, okay. What about fingernails?”

“Now you’re talking.” The receptionist smiled appreciatively.

Okay, I’ll stop. I think I’ve been watching too much of Resident Evil lately. I’ll never do anything so horrid to you again. Okay, here’s what really happened:

 

 

 

She rushed into the hospital with a light hearted, fluttery feeling.

Everyone in the hospital seemed to be beaming at her. Even that impudent receptionist seemed to be somewhat pleasant today.

“I can see him now. I got a call.” So Eun said confidently.

“Well, yes.” The receptionist smiled at her politely. “Room thirty six- it’s to your right, down the corner of the hall.”

So Eun giggled cheerfully before skipping down the hall.

 

She couldn’t get her heart to keep control. She hoped she would get to see Jae Rim’s face at least once, before she did anything stupid, like faint, or pee in her pants.

She paused to take a deep breath before she nearly kicked open the door.

There he was, with bandages wrapped around his head.

 

Before So Eun had entered the room, she had already pictured in her mind what she would say and do.

She was ready to march up to him, ruffle his hair affectionately, and tell him how much she had missed him. She also wanted to tell him how grateful she was of him, and how sorry and frustrated she had been because of his reckless actions.

She imagined that they would be off to a clean start again. He would be her best friend again.

 

But something made her stop short in his presence.

For some reason, she was coming off a little shy.

She couldn’t say what she wanted to say. She wanted to stay close to him, but her legs betrayed her.

She just stood where she was, gazing into his smiling, crescent moon eyes, and her heart ached even more.

Unbecoming tears welled up in her eyes, and So Eun automatically looked up at Jae Rim. Her eyes said something like: Hey, aren’t you going to come and comfort me? That’s what you do.

But he remained where he was.

So Eun fidgeted with her fingers some more. She finally gathered up enough courage to utter, "Hello."

“Hey,” Jae Rim greeted her, and he patted a spot next to him on his bed.

After a moment of hesitation, So Eun walked over to him, and nervously sat on the bottom corner of his bed. So Eun looked at him expectedly, wishing Jae Rimwould start the conversation, but it seemed as if he was loss for words himself.

“Here. These are for you.” She ed a bouquet of flowers into his arms. “I stole these from my mother’s house.”

This made him smile, and his smile made So Eun’s organs swell almost painfully.

“Thank you. How nice of you.” A terse reply.

So Eun blinked. Something was terribly wrong.

She looked at Jae Rim in disbelief.

 She couldn’t exactly pin point the wrongness of the situation, but something was definitely wrong.

Jae Rim did not speak any further.

So Eun felt the intestines of her stomach twist into knots. His facial expression was emotionless, but his irises- they were darting around from left to right, as if he was searching for something to say. They read of something like… confusion.

Jae Rim, all dressed in the prim and proper hospital uniform, looked lost. His focus was entirely on the calluses of his hands.

So Eun gave his shoulder a gentle shake. “Oppa,” She called, and realized with distaste that she sounded too desperate for her own good.

 

 

“Jae Rim oppa.”

So Eun’s had snapped right back, following the sound of the voice, and where it generated from.

It belonged to a young woman around her age. She was dressed in a simple beige colored dress, and had black colored heels on. Her perfume smelt sophisticated, and in her hands, there was a fruit basket.

So Eun was flustered by the woman’s sudden appearance. She also felt herself burning with embarrassment.

The lady had brought an expensive fruit basket, and So Eun had told Jae Rim not too long ago that the only present she had prepared for him were those stupid flowers that she had stolen from her own house.

Everything was wrong. Everything about that woman was classic. Graceful and feminine.

So Eun felt small standing beside her.

 

“Jae Rim oppa.” The woman called again, and So Eun couldn’t help but to flinch. It was quite uncomfortable for her to be listening to another woman calling for Song Jae Rim with such tenderness and affection.

But that wench wouldn’t stop calling for him.

 

“Song Jae Rim oppa, I’ve missed you.” And with that, the woman launched herself onto Jae Rim, burying her face into his embrace.

Nearly paralyzed, So Eun just watched the scene unfold in front of her, dropped open in horror.

When she regained control over herself, she coughed pointedly to get the woman’s attention.

 

The woman turned around. “Oh, excuse me. I was just too happy to see oppa again. I’m Park Min Young.”

“Hello,” So Eun greeted her, rather flatly. “I’m Kim So Eun…. I was in ‘WGM’ with Jae Rim oppa.” So Eun inched closer to Jae Rim in spite of herself.

Park Min Young gave her a dry grin, and narrowed her eyes. “I see. Virtual marriage, hmm? I enjoyed watching the ‘Solim’ couple. It’s really too bad it got discontinued after the accident.” Min Young’s tone of voice was fairly polite, but So Eun detected a touch of irony to her statement.

“What relation do you have with Jae Rim oppa?” So Eun quickly asked, a little more harshly than planned.

Min Young opened to talk, but Jae Rim spoke for her.

“She nursed me back to health.”

“What?” So Eun’s voice came out as a disturbed whisper, for she did not expect to hear his voice.

“Look, uh,- miss. I'd like to thank you for coming over and accompanying me today. You do seem like a swell person, and so I'm all the more sorry to say that I don't feel very comfortable, right now, around you. I mean- I'm not even sure who you are.” Jae Rim looked sincerely apologetic, and this tore So Eun’s heart.

“What?” It seemed as if she was incapable of saying anything else.

“Maybe I do know you,” Jae Rim said hastily, placing his hands on her shoulders. “Maybe later, when I regain my memories, I’ll remember. But until then,- I, I  can’t… I don’t…. I'm not even all too familiar with myself,” Jae Rim sighed, sounding helpless.

 

So Eun looked at Jae Rim. His eyes were requesting her of something. Of what?

They were desperately pleading her to leave.

She looked over to Park Min Young. She had her arms crossed together; she was obviously very smug with herself.

Feelings of betrayal and unfairness swept over So Eun. Tears were threatening to spill, and because So Eun didn’t want to give Min Young the satisfaction of seeing her cry, she took her purse, and left the room in a hurry.

Her bag was all she took, really.

She left everything else inside the room: Her dignity, pride, and heart.

 

Well, maybe not her heart.

She spent the entire day crying in her room, while finishing the cup noodle she had for breakfast. The noodles were all soggy and bloated and unappetizing, to say the least, but So Eun didn’t care. Her malfunctioning brain had failed to activate the sensory nerves of her taste buds.

She, of all people, should've known, the moment she stepped inside his hospital room- Song Jae Rim had amnesia, and was suffering through memory loss.

She recalled what the doctor had told her:

I believe his memory loss to be short term, but I can’t fully guarantee you that, So Eun –ssi. Patients with concussion, they usually chose the memories they want to forget. They tend to be painful memories. Forcing Jae Rim –ssi to remember things he may have wanted to forget wouldn’t be good for his health, and it may change his temporary memory loss status to become permanent. I advise you to be careful, So Eun –ssi.”

Painful? Was it really?

So Eun couldn’t find a possible explanation for that. Jae Rim seemed to be perfectly happy when they were together. She jogged her memory to the days where he used to embrace her, whisper corny pick up lines in her ears, and confess to her of his feelings.

This made her somehow angrier.

How dare he play with her feelings?!

Sure, she knew that some of it was scripted, to make the variety show more appealing to the viewers, but she’d thought that…. There were times when she felt that there was some degree of sincerity to whatever he had said.

She had been terrified of his sincerity, So Eun remembered, because she was convinced that she didn’t feel the same way.

In So Eun’s point of view, ‘WGM’ had been nothing more than a variety show. Their virtual relationship was to give entertainment to the audience- nothing more, nothing less.

So Eun picked at the last strand of ramen noodle, thinking of Song Jae Rim.

She thought of his crescent moon shaped eyes, and how his dark eyes would glitter against the indirect reflection of the sunlight.

She remembered the exact shape of his thin lips, and how they would curve into a perfect smile whenever his eyes met hers.

She loved him for the small dimple on his left cheek.

And she loved him for his cautiousness and gentleness when she was around him, and she loved him for being genuine and sincere with her.

She loved him the most for being patient with her; for not giving up on her and her ignorant, oblivious feelings towards him.

 

So Eun felt a blush creeping up her thumping chest and across her heated cheeks as she was at last, forced to admit the hidden truth to her feelings of Song Jae Rim.

She was in love with him….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi again. You didn't expect me to upload so fast, did you?

This chapter was pre written yesterday, so I just decided to edit it and upload it today.

All the brands of So Eun's merchandise is real, by the way. Not mine. Only the ridiculous generator (the one the nurse used to see Jae Rim's brains) belongs to me.

Actually, even that doesn't belong to me, because the nurse never disected his brain, and since that never happened, the generator doesn't exist either.

Oh man, I felt so bad for So Eun while writing this chapter, but that's what she gets, I suppose.

... No!!!! This isn't what anyone deserves!!! Argh, I hate myself for writing this.

But I'm grateful for you guys. Big thanks to my supporters.