Smoking Buddies

Solving The Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Solving The Enigma

 

 

Chapter Four

 

 

I was sitting in Myungsoo's Lap almost the whole evening in the pizza shop. I can't deny it, it was fun. My classmates are better than I imagined, and having Myungsoo besides me, made everything easier, which I'll never admit.

"See..." He said before and I nodded smiling.

"So... since when are you guys going out" One of my classmates asked.

Here we go...

Myungsoo looked at me smiling, before he answered. "Since last year".

"You guys make a good couple, you're so good looking. Both of you" A girl said.

I laughed. "Well, Thank you" I said honestly.

"I'll be outside, I need fresh air. I'll be back in a minute" I whisper in Myungsoo's ear and gave him a peck in the lips.

When I reached the sidewalk, I took out a cigarette from the box in my jeans' pockets.

"..." I said when I realized that the lighter was no-where to be found.

"May I?" I heard.

I turned around to find Kai aka "Mr. Gentleman" leaning in the wall a few feet away from me, holding a lighter and a cigarette between his teeth. My belly plunged, at the sight of him.

I never saw him get out of the restaurant.

"You're really into helping damsels in distress. Sure".

"I wish".

He walked towards me. When he finally reached me, I put the cigarette between my lips, our gazes met while he was trying to lit it.

I lost myself in his eyes, he was looking intensely at me. For a split of a second I felt like he could see my soul.

After he lit hit, I anxiously looked away and took a long drag.

Oh I missed it.

The warm feeling of the rough paper between my knuckles, the taste on my lips, the feeling of the smoke in my lungs and going out through my lips and nostrils as I exhaled.

It's warm, comforting, pleasant, calming.

"Thanks" I said looking straight up to the street, trying to not look at him.

I felt him everywhere when he looked at me, and he didn't even touched me!

"I didn't notice, the fact, that you smoke" He said with a grin on his face.

"Well I didn't. I mean, I quit. But this is an and excellent occasion to get back" I answered, after I released a cloud of smoke.

He chuckled. "You quit, but you still had a pack in your pocket?"

"Well yeah... A problem?"

"Not at all, we can be smoking partners now"

Now was my turn to chuckle. "That even exists?"

"Yeah... you know, the ones who always are smoking together away from the rest, in social occasions"

"I guess..."

We fell in several seconds of silence.

"Your boyfriend seems nice" He said breaking the silence.

"He's not my boyfriend. But yeah, he is a good person".

He snickered. "If he's not your boyfriend, what is then?"

"We hang out, a lot..."

"And kiss each other..."

"So? That doesn't make him my boyfriend"

"Friends with Benefits?"

"God... more than that, but less than the boyfriend/girlfriend label. Can we stop talking about this? Is the reason why I am here on the first place".

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter