Blue is the Warmest Color

Solving The Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solving the Enigma

 

Chapter 1

 

 

Have you ever felt empty? That’s how I feel every single day, well not every single day but some days are good and others are bad, really bad.

On times like this… when my mind is flying I always remember him, And how I wish to have done things differently.

My eyes start to get full of tears and I fight the urge of breaking down here, in a public place.

“Don’t you think that you may look better if you change the color of your hair?” my mom said, interrupting my thoughts. Thank God.

She was looking at a dress she just pick from the hanging bar in the store we where.

I rolled my eyes. I’m tired of this conversation. It’s been going on since I dye my hair, so it means 3 months ago.

“I’m just saying that it will be good for you to have a decent hair color, you are studying law Krystal. Act and look like as if you are already a lawyer”.

I’m about to enter in my second year of law and this subject doesn’t seem to cease. The ‘act like a like a lawyer, dress like one, talk like one’

“I’m keeping the color, I love blue. It’s not the big deal mom. I’m young. I’m allowed to have fun”

She looked at me with severe eyes. “No one will take you seriously Krystal… It’s time to grow up”.

Damn it! More?

 

 

On the way back home, Roger, my stepdad, and my mom were arguing. As always.

My little sister was covering her ears with her hands, I tried to follow her example with earphones instead of hands.

The “family bonding” thing, that my mom thinks we do everytime that my three year old sister, stepdad, mom and I hang out.

Is kind of delusional when my stepdad and I don’t even exchange more than 5 word per day, and my little sister hates me.

Every time we hang out, it ends with them fighting.

It gets me anxious… I hate conflicts.

I was the kind of person that will have an answer for everything and love to argue if I had a different point of view.

But since that day…

I looked at the window, trees and buildings passing by. Today is one of those days. The bad ones, the ones I can’t control my emotions like I wish to.

 

When we finally got to the house I locked myself in my room, ignoring the request of my  mom on having dinner together, and went to sleep.

Sleep solves everything… Sleep cuts time and makes me stop thinking.

 

The next day I was doing my little routine, running, breakfast and getting ready for my sophomore year. Kind of excited about the new subjects in the degree.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter