(ii) - Yoongi

Pretend

"No." Yoongi says to his parents, his pale hands gripping both of his knees tighter.

His father lifts his right eyebrow, "and why not?"

"Look, I'm not going to marry Hoseok," Yoongi pauses for a moment, "that would be like marrying my brother. You know, if I had one."

"You two have known each other for a long time. We and his parents have been planning this since we all have been in high school."

"That's completely unfair!"

His father gives him a look, "unless you have a very good excuse as to why you shouldn't marry Hoseok, we are going through with this."

There's a thick silence. Yoongi looks at the pale yellow painted wall of their living room, thinking of a plausible excuse. When their driver arrived at his school this morning, stating that his parents wanted to talk to him, he didn't think that it would be this kind of talk. His eyebrows furrow and his hands clench while he stares at their family photo that got taken when he was just starting high school.

"I have a boyfriend already." The words tumble out of his mouth before his brain can even comprehend what he just said. He swallows thickly, having the sudden urge to slam his head on the spotless, glass coffee table that his parents had imported from Switzerland.

His father lifts his right eyebrow, while his mother inhales sharply. "Is that so?" His father's voice is firm and unbelieving.

"Yes." Yoongi is surprised that it didn't come out hesitant or shaky, but he's still worried because Hoseok told him once before that he has a tell whenever he lies, he never told him what it was though. 

"Well," his father clears his throat, "why don't you have him meet us next week? I have no meeting then, and your mother could cook something special."

Yoongi tries to conjour up some bulletproof reason as to why his supposed "boyfriend" can't come, but he can't think of anything so he swallows his saliva and wipes his somewhat clammy hands on the pants of his school uniform. "Sure."

"Great. I need to attend a meeting now, I'll see you soon." He kisses his mother's cheek and walks out of the room.

"Yoongi dear, what have you gotten yourself into?" The creases that appear on his mother's timeless face  show her concern.

He shrugs, "I'm not really sure myself."

"Do you have a friend willing to pose as your boyfriend?"

Yoongi thinks for a moment. His friend Namjoon is dating Seokjin, Mark is in love with this one kid who helps him with his history and Hoseok is stuck in this problem with him. He ruffles his hair and deflates on the couch.

He notices his mother lets out a small sigh, "we'll figure something out."

Yoongi makes this unattractive noise using the back of his throat before straightening up. "I'll handle it, don't worry yourself with this small problem."

"Bu-"

"I'm a big boy now mom, I can sort this out myself." He assures her with a soft smile before getting up and walking towards her. "I need to go now okay? Take care of yourself." He kisses her cheek and gives her a small hug then walks out the door.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Yoongi stares out the window, elbows on top of the white washed desk, his chin laying on top of his left palm. It has been three days since he had the talk with his parents and he has not found anybody that looks like his parents would approve of.

Rufdling his hair, he lets out a frustrated sigh.

"What's up?" He hears Hoseok ask from behind him, spinning his chair around he gives his best friend a face. "Oh," he walks to the fridge and takes out a bottle of water, "have you tried maybe putting up flyers?" 

"I don't think I've gotten that desparate yet Hobi." And just as he was about to reply, his phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Yoongi, one of my meetings has been rescheduled so I need to change the day of our little meet up to this weekend."

Yoongi tries not to yell. He inhales and exhales, clenching his hands in an almost painful way. "Yeah, sure."

"Looking foreward to it." And with that, his father hangs up and he stares at his phone annoyedly before flinging it onto his bed, which is across the room.

"No chill, no chill." Hoseok says as he stares at Yoongi who looks like he is ready to pull out all of his hair from frustration but he also looks ready to murder someone.

Yoongi looks him straight in the eye, "help me make those flyers."

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"I pinned some down on the non-elites notice board." Hoseok informs Yoongi as he holds his phone between his left shoulder and his hear while he sticks some of the pages on random classroom doors of the non-elites. Everyone is staring at him and whispering every now and again, but he pays not attention to them.

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Look, you never know, a non-elite might be willing to help. Let's face it, your flyer ain't that friendly looking."

Yoongi grumbles some words but ends up muttering a strained "fine."

Hoseok hangs up and skips down to the other classrooms. As he skips by a bunch of dazed looking students, he notices a good looking person and thinks that he should go and talk to him some time. When he's not busy of course.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"Why has nobody called me yet?" Yoongi wonders out loud as he paces back and forth in his and Hoseok's room.

"Your flyer looks really mean," Hoseok states from his bed, where he's eating a tub of cookie dough ice cream. Yoongi gives him a look. "What?" He asks, mouth full of ice cream, "I told you to add some color, but did you listen to me? Nooo.

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "just eat your ice cream." Hoseok shrugs as he shoves another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Yoongi's phone ringing wakes him up, he wants to leave it to ring but then he remember the flyers so he lazily grabs it from his bedside locker. 

"Hello?" His voice comes out husky, but whatever.

"Uhm, hi. I'm calling about your help wanted page." The person sounds like a complete fetus, but Yoongi doesn't question. But, wait. Did he just call about his lame flyer? His eyes open fully and he jumps out of bed, which was a really bad idea because he lands on his . He lets out a groan of pain.

"Meet me at the coffee shop." He commands once he has recovered.

"The one by the ordinary building or…?"

"Elita Parlour, kid." Yoongi says as he stands up. He decides that he should call this person kid because it seems pretty acceptable, seeing as he sounds like a child and all.

"Bu-but that's where the elites get their coffee and stuff!"

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "I know. Meet me there after classes end." He then hangs up and a small smile makes its way onto his face. 

"Oooo, did someone call?" Hoseok questions as he walks in, already in his uniform.

"Yeah."

"FINALLY!" He yells before dancing on the spot.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

The bell rings and Yoongi shuts down his laptop and places it inside his bag. 

"Off to meet our only volunteer?" Hoseok asks from beside him and Yoongi only nods in return.

He walks out of the room quickly, but as he gets nearer to the location he slows down his pace. He doesn't want to seem to eager. 

Yoongi immediately notices the volunteer, judging by the phone call the kid is a non-elite, and his theory is proven correct. By the window of the coffee shop, sits a person that looks around thirteen but in reality is probably sixteen or something. He's wearing the non-elite uniform which is that ugly yellow color, but Yoongi doesn't think that it looks too bad on the kid.

When he walks in, he can hear the other students whispering about the kid and he has the sudden urge to protect him from these snobby people. Maybe meeting here wasn't such a good idea.

He pulls out the chair, removes his bag from his shoulder and sits on the chair. The kid meets his eyes and he suddenly feels nervous when he meets his dark chocolate orbs.

He hydrates his lips with tongue as he waits for the kid to remove his earphones. He feels like he's going to have a hard time talking.