Chapter 93

Baby Don't Cry

"Dad.. I'll be in my room first. Call me if you need something" Taeyeon said as soon as she entered the house again. "Alright.. you called your friend already?" Mr. Kim asked folding the newspaper he's reading. Hesitantly, Taeyeon nodded her head, she wanted to refuse with her dad's idea but he's partly right, they should give Baekhyun their gratitude because if it wasn't for him, they wouldn't reconcile.

"Alright then.. take a rest" Mr. Kim said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head before entering her room. 

Dropping herself on the bed, Taeyeon opened her phone and clicked the gallery. There, lots of pictures appeared, back when she's dating Baekhyun, back when they're all happy in school as a group of four, her bonding times with Yoona, their hangout, her days back in the cafe and lastly.. those days back in the island. 

Clicking a random picture, it popped open and occupied the whole screen. Smiling weakly, a lone tear escaped Taeyeon's eyes. Moments of her and Baekhyun flashed through the screen as she accidentally pressed the slideshow button. 

A picture of him back at the beach. A picture of them back when she got admitted at the hospital. 

A picture of them having a date back at the dukbokki house Taeyeon used to love so much.

A picture of her, Nayeon and Baekhyun back when Nayeon was finally moved to a medical center at the city.

A happy family, Nayeon said. 

Wiping the tears, Taeyeon sighed as she stared at the ceiling. "What happened to us?" Taeyeon suddenly spoke up while looking at the blank ceiling. She wants him back, there'no doubt with that but there's something inside of her that keeps getting in the way. What is it? Fear. 

She fears that something might happen again and she already had enough of getting hurt.

She fears that someday, if she grew more attached to him and he happens to drift away from her. She'll just badly get hurt and she doesn't want that to happen anymore. 

Letting out a sigh, Taeyeon threw her phone aside and covered her eyes with her arm and tried to drift off to sleep but the ringing of her phone stopped her from doing so, letting out a groan Taeyeon took her phone and saw Yoona's name flashing on the screen. 

"Hey there" Taeyeon greeted. "You brat.. why aren't you calling me?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon smiled knowing that Yoona seems to miss her so much. "Sorry.. I was.. busy" Taeyeon answered and heard Yoona sigh on the other hand. 

"Is it because.. your dad has been abusing you again?" Yoona asked with her voice full of worry and Taeyeon chuckled. "No.. honestly. We already reconciled" Taeyeon answered and heard Yoona gasp on the other hand. "Really?!" She asked loudly causing Taeyeon to take her phone away from her ears. 

"Yes.. he said he's wrong and he apologized already" Taeyeon said and Yoona on the other hand can't explain how glad she is. She's been wishing that Taeyeon will finally be in good terms with her father again and it's already granted.

"Wow.. what made him change then? Did you knocked some sense of him that's why?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon chuckled before biting her lower lip. "Honestly.. it's not just like that. It's not me who knocked some sense off of dad" Taeyeon said and Yoona on the other hande grew curious. 

"Then who?" Yoona questioned. "It's Baekhyun" Taeyeon said hesitantly and the line grew silent. 

"Yoona? Yoona? Taeyeon called but no one was answering, she took a look at her phone but noticed that the line isn't disconnected yet.

"Yoo-" 

"What on the earth did you just say? Baekhyun?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon took a deep breath. "Yes.. it was him" Taeyeon answered while pressing her free hand against her temple. "How?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon dropped herself back on the bed. 

"He happened to run into dad after he took me to the hospital" Taeyeon said and Yoona kept silent letting Taeyeon tell her everything. "Then.. dad said that Baekhyun confronted him and knocked some sense off him and that's it. Dad finally realized everything and apologized to me as soon as I got home" Taeyeon ended the story and Yoona on the other hand kept silent trying to register everything she just heard.

"How.. he's there? You're in the hospital?" Yoona asked. "He came here to apologize with.. what he did. No, I'm out of the hospital already" Taeyeon said and heard Yoona sigh on the other hand. "So what's going to happen now?" Yoona asked. 

"Uhh.. dad invited him to come over to have some dinner and to thank him" Taeyeon said and Yoona on the other hand nodded her head as if Taeyeon could see her. "Oh.. I see" Yoona said causing Taeyeon to furrow her brows. She expected Yoona to react differently and say something along the lines of 'No matter what don't get back together with that jerk again' or  'just look of for yourself.. i don't want you to end up hurt again'. 

"That's it?" Taeyeon asked with a bit of disbelief in her voice. "Why? Should I react wildly?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. "No.. I was just a bit surprised that you didn't ask me to stay away from him" Taeyeon said weakly. 

"Just.. don't be too obvious around your dad" Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled.

I think he knows, Taeyeon thought. 

"I will.. don't worry" Taeyeon said. "Why did you call anyways?" Taeyeon added. 

"Ah.. about that.. Kai.. and I.." Yoona trailed trying to find the right words to say. Not catching what her friend meant, Taeyeon furrowed her brows. "You and him? What happened?" Taeyeon asked, with worry.

"I'm.. dating him again" Yoona said and Taeyeon's eyes widened. "R-Really?" Taeyeon asked and Yoona hummed as an answered. "I.. I'm sorry Taeyeon. But.. I think I love him too much that I forgive him already. Besides.. do you remember the kid that I told you?" Yoona asked. 

"What? The one that used to be your friend back when you were young? The one that left for a surgery?" Taeyeon asked. "Yeah.. that's it" Yoona said. "You found that kid already?" Taeyeon asked in excitement and Yoona on the other hand scratched her nape and bit her lower lip. 

"Yeah.. it's.. Kai" Yoona said and Taeyeon grew silent trying to register what she just heard. "R-Really?" She asked in disbelief. "Yeah.. he told me so and.. after that.. I don't know what happened to me.. I.. I'm sorry Taeyeon" Yoona said apologetically and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"It's alright,it's not like I'm not holding a grudge against him or something anyways. Besides, I'm truly happy for two of you. I mean.. I can see how you love him just by seeing the way how you look at him" Taeyeon said and Yoona smiled. 

"Thank you.. I mean.. I thought you would be against it" Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled. "No.. what happened back then was no one's fault. Kai's curiosity and playfulness just got the best out of him and I understand. Tell him that we're still friends alright? and that.. I'm not mad" Taeyeon said with a smile. 

"Really?" Yoona asked happily. "Yes.. congratulations. Tell him that too" Taeyeon said and Yoona chuckled. 

"Thank you. You're really the best"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I guess this story will end with 100 chapters. 

Just saying. Could be more could be less. 

So.. I'm off to finding a canvas board today that's why I didn't update this longer. My hands are itching to paint again, but... who wants fluuuuffff?!

I do want but I don't know if I can right one based on the story's situation. *evil smirk*

BUT BUT BUT.. I'll make it up with a BaekYeon portrait if I won't be able to post a fluffy chapter. 

I'll try to paint them :D 

Thanks for reading~