Chapter 94

Baby Don't Cry

"Taeyeon-ah.. are you asleep?" Mr. Kim called outside Taeyeon's room. Hearing her father calling her on the other hand, Taeyeon walked towards the door and opened it. "No dad.. is there anything you need?" Taeyeon asked while still inside her room.

"No.. I'm just checking up on you. Dinner's going to get ready in a few minutes" Mr. Kim said and Taeyeon smiled. "I'll get ready dad" Taeyeon said and Mr. Kim nodded his head. A few minute, Taeyeon went out of her room and heard a knock on the door. Seeing her father busy in the kitchen, Taeyeon walked towards the door and opened it only to see Baekhyun standing a few meteres away from her. 

"H-Hi" Baekhyun said. "hi" Taeyeon greeted back and gestured him to come inside. 

Looking around, Baekhyun smiled when he saw a family portrait hanging on the wall. "Is your friend already here?" Mr. Kim asked when he went out o the kitchen but then stopped halfway when he saw Baekhyun standing beside Taeyeon. 

"Hi there.. Baekhyun right?" Mr. Kim asked and Baekhyun nodded his head before giving the old man a bow. 

"Y-Yes sir" Baekhyun answered before giving Taeyeon a glance and smiling back at Mr. Kim. Seeing that Baekhyun's awkward around him, Mr. Kim smiled and walked towards him before hanging his arms over his shoulder and pulling Baekhyun closer to him. 

"Don't be shy. Let's go, dinner's ready" Mr. Kim said and Baekhyun nodded his head. Trailing behind them, Taeyeon can only watch without any words knowing that her status with Baekhyun is still a blur. They have never talked about their misunderstanding yet and it's clearly becaue she's afraid. 

Too afraid to face the truth that there's no more 'us' between the two of them. 

Settling themselves at the table, the three started their dinner and of course. some questions took place. "So.. you're going at the same school Taeyeon attends?" Mr. Kim asked and Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon before nodding his head. 

"Yes sir.." Baekhyun said and Mr. Kim chuckled. "Nah.. don't call me sir. I prefer you call me uncle, after all, you're Taeyeon's friend" Mr. Kim said and Baekhyun shyly nodded his head and gave the old man a small smile. "So.. how's Taeyeon in class? Is she doing well?" Mr. Kim asked. 

Looking at Taeyeon again, Baekhyun smiled and of course it didn't go unnoticed by Mr. Kim.

She's perfect, Baekhyun thought. 

"Yes sir.. In fact, your daughter is the best student in class" Baekhyun said with a genuine smile and Mr. Kim Kim smiled and nodded his head. "Really?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "She always gets the best grades in class.." Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon on the other hand looked back and forth showing how the two interacted. 

"Wow.. you got that from me right?" Mr. Kim asked turning attention towards his daughter and Taeyeon just chuckled. "Of course dad" Taeyeon said with a smile but as soon as her eyes landed on Baekhyun, her smile faded and then again, it didn't go unnoticed by Mr. Kim's observant eyes.

"So.. how's the food?" Mr. Kim asked turning back to Baekhyun. "It's great sir. Honestly, I always thought fathers can't do such stuffs like this but you've proven me wrong" Baekhyun said with a smile and Mr. Kim chuckled. "Really?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Oh well.. let me share you a fact then. Taeyeon here.." Mr. Kim said while pointing at Taeyeon. "Loves to eat.. she even wakes me up and her mom in the middle of the night just to cook her something" Mr. Kim said with a smile and Taeyeon shook her head. "Dad" Taeyeon whined and Mr. Kim laughed. 

"Alright.. Alright. I'll stop" Mr. Kim said. Noticing that everyone finished their food, he turned to Baekhyun. "Can.. I talk to you first? alone?" Mr. Kim asked and Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon before slowly nodding his head. 

"S-Sure sir.. I-I mean uncle" Baekhyun said and Mr. Kim nodded his head and got up from his seat. "Let's talk outside?" Mr. Kim said and Baekhyun nodded his head. Standing up, he turned to Taeyeon and gave her a small smiled before following Mr. Kim. 

"Can you handle this first?" Mr. Kim asked Taeyeon while pointing at the table. "Sure dad.. do your business" Taeyeon said with a smile and Mr. Kim nodded his head and headed out of the kitchen with Baekhyun trailing behind him. 

Settling themselves at the front porch, Mr. Kim glanced at Baekhyun. "Do you.. like my daughter?" Mr. Kim asked straightforwardly causing Baekhyun to flinch and turn his attention to him.

"I.. uh.." Baekhyun said trying to find the right words words to say but then failed. "I assume it's a yes then.. let me ask.. what made you like her? Why did you like her?" Mr. Kim asked and Baekhyun smiled a little before shaking his head causing Mr. Kim to furrow his brows and gave him a confused look. 

"Nothing uncle.." Baekhyun answered causing Mr. Kim to be more confused than ever. "What?" He asked. 

"I don't think there should be a reason why I would and should like her uncle.. because if I do then what would happen to my feelings then if the things I like about her sudenly disappeared? Moreover.. I don't like her" Baekhuyn said while looking straight into Mr. Kim's eyes. Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun gathered all his courage before saying..

"I love her" 

"How much?" Mr. Kim asked. "How much do you love my daughter?" Mr. Kim continued.

"I love her more than anything else in this wolrd I'm ready to lose anything, everything just so I can have her" Baekhyun said confidently making Mr. Kim smile. Patting Baekhyun's shoulder, Mr. Kim let out a sigh. "I just.. don't want my daughter to lose someone she loves anymore. So.. can you promise to never leave her?" Mr. Kim asked and Baekhyun smiled. 

"I promise uncle.. it's the last thing I would do. She's my life, she's my everything" 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hmm.. BaekYeon centered chapter tomorrow :)