Chapter 10

Baby Don't Cry

"This friendship.. that you're giving me.. I cannot take it" 

"What.. what do you mean?" Baekhyun asked surprised why Taeyeon rejected the 'friendship' he's about to offer her. He thought, why would she reject him if lots of girls run after him? Is she really that dense that's why people hate her or is it because her personality is not just like the others? 

"I cannot take it. I've thought about it and I'm sorry, I'm not fit to be your friend. Sorry if I offended you with this but I just can't take it knowing that we are worlds apart, please don't take my words wrongly but I'm just trying to protect myself besides there are more people worthy enough to be your friend. I'm just not one of them" Taeyeon said followed by a sigh and Baekhyun looked down on the floor and furrowed his brows.

Why is he feeling frustrated about this? 

Is it because he have to make another way to make the dare? 

Or is it because he badly wants to know her more? 

"Why do you say so?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon took a deep breath before looking at him. "I just know.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed,after this Taeyeon left but she turned when she heard the bell rang on the door. Turning around again, Taeyeon saw Yoona and Kai standing by at the door.

"What.. What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked and no one answered, noticing the awkward silence Kai decided to speak up. 

"I.. accompanied Yoona here" Kai said and Baekhyun turned upon hearing his friend's voice. Kai immediately saw the look on Baekhyun's face, it's the same face Kai sees everytime Baekhyun feels bad about something or sometimes when he doesn't want something.

"Are.. you okay buddy?" Kai asked as he approached Baekhyun had his blank face on and walked past Kai not even bothering to look when their shoulders bumped causing Kai to look at him in confusion. "Hey, come back here!" Kai shouted as he ran after his friend leaving the two girls there.

Taeyeon sighed as soon as Kai left and Yoona noticed this. 

"Is there something wrong that had happened between the two of you?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon's eyes followed Baekhyun who quickly walked away making Kai run after him. Looking back at Yoona, Taeyeon forced a smile before shaking her head and trying to walk away but Yoona grabbed her arm.

"Tell me.." Yoona sternly said. "Please.." She added and her voice softened.

"I rejected Baekhyun's offer about being friends.." Taeyeon said as she looked straight into Yoona's eyes and Yoona's gaze softened upon hearing Taeyeon's words. Approaching her, Yoona hugged Taeyeon and caressed Taeyeon's back knowing that Taeyeon feels bad about the choice she made.

Of course Yoona saw Taeyeon reject friendship a hundred times not just because she wants to protect herself but she wants to protect the people who's around her. Yoona knows her too well to judge and she knows that as much as Taeyeon loves to have friend like Baekhyun, she can't.

"It's alright.. I'm sure he understands" Yoona said reassuringly and Taeyeon sighed before breaking their hug. "What if he hates me? Yoong, I don't want that to happen" Taeyeon said and Yoona smiled before taking both of Taeyeon's hands and looking straight into her friend's eyes. 

"He'll understand. But think of it first, I'm sure Baekhyun knows what he's going to get into once you and him become friends" Yoona said and Taeyeon nodded her head. As much she wants to have friends, what will the other people say? What will the other people do especially those people who admired Baekhyun? 

"I just don't want any trouble.." Taeyeon said and Yoona smiled before nodding her head.

"Trust him.." 

"Stop right there or I'll really grab your neck and drag you back to the cafe" Kai threatened and Baekhyun sighed before turning around and giving Kai an annoyed look.

"Why are you even following me? Leave me alone!" Baekhyun said and was about to walk again when Kai grabbed his collar and made Baekhyun face him. 

"You're being a jerk again. What's your problem?" Kai asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath calming himself. He doesn't understand why he's feeling so frustrated like this and it makes him hate himself more.

"I.. don't know" Baekhyun grumbled and Kai chuckled before shaking his head causing Baekhyun to look at him in annoyance. "I think I know.." Kai said while smiling a little and Baekhyun shook his head.

"Just leave" Baekhyun shortly said and Kai shook his head not moving infront of Baekhyun.

"Why would I?" Kai asked and Baekhyun groaned before ruffling his own hair.

"Don't you want me to do the deal?  I'm going to do it, I'm going to make her cry besides all of them are all the same so I don't have to feel bad about this, I'm frustrated because I know that I have to make another way to make her fall in the trap. So leave me alone, I want to think.." Baekhyun said and Kai stopped, he was about to open his mouth but Baekhyun spoke again.

"So leave me alone, I want to do this and I will do this" Baekhyun said with so much anger in his voice and Kai sighed while following Baekhyun with his eyes. No, he doesn't want to turn it out this way neither he wants Baekhyun to know the truth. 

What should he do? 

It seems like his plans are getting out of hand.

Kai walked aimlessly back in the cafe and he saw Yoona talking to Taeyeon with both smiles on their faces. He sighed, Yoona must not know anything about the dare they made or else he'll lose her. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't see Yoona waving at him until he heard a knock on the glass making him go back to reality.

Lifting his head up, he saw Yoona standing by a the glass while smiling at him and motioning him to come in. Faking a smile, Kai complied with Yoona's request.

"Where's Baekhyun?" Yoona asked while peeking at Kai's back and Kai forced a smile. "He went home already.." He said as he frowned and Yoona nodded, upon hearing this, Taeyeon sighed blaming herself why Bzekhyun left like that and Kai saw this.

"Don't worry, Baekhyun's not mad.. I can assure you" Kai said with a smile and Taeyeon only nodded her head weakly. 

"Aren't you going home?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon faked a smile. "You can go first, I have some work to finish" Taeyeon answered with a small smile and Yoona frowned before nodding her head.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait for you?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon shook her head. "I can go  home by myself, you don't have to worry. Go home safely" Taeyeon said and Yoona hugged her before looking at Kai and Kai nodded not forgetting to give Taeyeon a smile and a thumbs up motioning her that it's alright.

Taeyeon on the other hand nodded her head and after that Yoona and Kai left. 

"I can go home alone Kai, thanks for accompanying me here" Yoona said and Kai chuckled before shaking his head. 

"No and no, let me take you home besides it's already late. I won't be in peace if I know you'll be out here alone" Kai said and Yoona chuckled. "I'm alright.." Yoona said with a reassuring smile and Kai still shook her head determined to accompany her back home.

"I insist.." Kai said and Yoona sighed giving up the debate.

"Alright.. you win" Yoona said and Kai smiled. The whole ride back to Yoona's home was dead silence iand it was a bit awkward for Kai, he wanted to speak, he wanted to talk to her but it seems like his mind isn't producing any ideas of how he can, he just drove there while nervously controlling the steering wheel knowing that Yoona was with him. 

"Something wrong?" Yoona asked causing Kai to flinch in surprise. "Uhh, no?" Kai said unsure and he heard Yoona chuckle. 

"You seem to be holding the steering wheel tightly. I'm afraid that will come off.." Yoona joked and Kai lessened his grip calming himself down.

"You're right.. sorry" Kai said as he chuckled. Soon enough, they arrived at Yoona's house and Kai opened the door for receiving a 'thank you' from Yoona. 

"Maybe you should go now.. Dad might see you here and he'll interrogate me endlessly" Yoona said and Kai smiled before nodding his head. 

"Uhh.. Take care" Kai said while scratching his nape and Yoona nodded. "you too.. drive safely" yoona said and Kai smiled knowing that yoona just told him to take care of himself. It made him feel guilty and it made him want to be closer to her.

"I will ma'am.." Kai joked and Yoona chuckled. As he turned around with a smile, Yoona smiled as he watched him go to open the car's door but befor he can Yoona remembered something.

"Kai.." Yoona called making Kai turn and look at her.

"Yes?" Kai asked and Yoona took a deep breath.

"I hope.. you won't break my trust" Yoona said and Kai looked down before composing himself afraid that Yoona might notice something.

"I-I.. won't" Kai said as he quickly got into his car and drove away. He drove away as fast as he can and watched as Yoona's figure got smaller and smaller until it disappeared from his eyes, somewhat he felt afraid this disappearance of Yoona might come true if she ever finds about his deal with Baekhyun.

"What should I do?" Kai asked no one as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel and drove as fast as he can. Not thinking about the scene of disappearance he witnessed earlier, Kai sighed.

"How can I do this without hurting you?" 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Uh.. what should I say? 

I updated yay~ 

P.S : I'm going to do a oneshot compilation of SeStal and HyukStal pairing starting tomorrow. So shoutout to those shippers out there ><