Chapter 6

Love With Paws

(oh you thought they were dead-) 

Jungkook opened his eyes to a bright white light. H-heaven? ... Was he... dead now? Suddenly his eyes focused onto the lights. Doctor Namjoon shone a light in his eye checking for conciousness, "You stupid creature-" Namjoon sighed softly,"You know that we've tested guns on you before right? You heal quickly, although a bullet to the brain delayed your healing quite a bit I really thought you had successfully killed yourself."  

Jungkook could feel tears falling from his face, it all came back to him now. 
Being picked up, Taehyung cooking for him...his smile... his hugs... his kiss. Jungkook closed his eyes letting tears conescutively fall as the image of holding Taehyung's limp body close to his replayed in his head. 

"Kookie." 

Jungkook blinked his eyes open turning to the familiar voice almost immediately. "T-taehyung?"

Taehyung was lying in a hospital bed next to Jungkook's and smiled weakly,"Kookie... you idiot-" 

Jungkook could feel himself laughing softly as tears still streamed from his face,"Wait but- how are you-"

Namjoon pulled Jungkook down,"Don't strain yourself,"He sighed as he began to explain,"I may be a liar on many occasions but I never break a promise, I knew that the shooting team on Taehyung's side had tranquilizers, not bullets, hence why I so easily offered to be able to bring him back to life. It was a bit of a swindle since he wasn't dying... but it wasn't much of a lie either." He sat down crossing his arms,"Also- ... since he is injured... I can't very well have the trouble of being sued." He cleared his throat adjusting his coat collar,"So... I'm willing to let you go... temporarily." 

Jungkook loooked over to the elder blinking softly,"R-really?"

Namjoon nodded,"The rogue hybrids are still out there... wouldn't make much sense experimenting on you if you're being civil so- for now- until we fix the killer problem from the others... you're free-" Namjoon got up and left the room. 

Taehyung gave out a weak smile,"Kookie... I was really worried you weren't going to wake up... Y-you wanna know more good news? Namjoon got demoted for ordering an undeserved fire of arms against a non threatening human so now Doctor Seokjin is in charge and he's really really nice-" Taehyung was disrupted by Jungkook getting up from bed feeling his lips against his. Taehyung closed his eyes smiling against the softness before pulling away."I ... missed you too." 

Jungkook sniffed softly tilting his head."I really thought I lost you..." 

Taehyung smiled and pulled the boy close hugging him tightly. Jungkook smiled and kissed his cheek,"and.. the answer is yes by the way.." 

Taehyung tilted his head confused. Jungkook smiled,"Before... that night... you asked me to be your boyfriend..."  Taehyung only smiled brightly and gave Jungkook another kiss before hearing Seokjin's voice,"Yah Jungkook, if you want your lover to get better you have to get off him- geez unlike you he needs actual time to heal" 

Jungkook pouted softly,"... He's nice but at least Namjoon would let me cuddle you-" 

Taehyung chuckled weakly and pulled him in his hospital bed anyway. "As long as you don't squash me too much I'll be fine~" 

Jungkook smiled warmly wrapping his arms around the male. 

Finally... things were looking up.