Chapter 5

Love With Paws

Jungkook's ears perked up as he awoke in the middle of the night, the moon lit straight through the wooden window in the tree house. "Taehyung..." He turned around looking for the elder relieved to find him sleeping peacefully next to him. Smiling at the sleeping man, Jungkook looked outside the window looking around... The night sky was coated with a navy black all centering around a white circle known as the moon... it was shining brightly that night. It's quite ironic really, you'd think light indicates safety... security and peace.. Not the one Jungkook saw the few minutes after. No .

That light was probably the worst source of brightness you could ever want. The torches of Namjoon's search team. They were far but the feline's sharp hearing senses could hear them. "Taehyung" He whispered worriedly shaking the man's shoulder,"Taehyung we gotta go now." 

Taehyung hummed annoyed,"Five more minutes." 
 

"Taehyung please wake up." Jungkook sighed impatiently giving the light brown haired man a slap to the face. 

"YAH WHAT THE-" Taehyung's mouth got covered by a cold hand,"Kookie?" 
 

"They're here" Jungkook tugged on the vet's hand,"I don't know how they found us through the running water but they found me." 

Taehyung blinked looking outside the window,"I don't see anyone. Did you have a nightmare?" 

The boy shook his head,"W-we gotta go. Come on quickly but quietly." 

Taehyung followed cautiously stepping over sticks or anything that might make even the slightest noise. 

As the boys ran out of the dark woods they made their way back to Taehyung's house. The place was a mess, as if someone was looking for something. 

Jungkook ran to the vet's room sitting down in the corner of the room shivering,"I-if the water can't stop their tracking devices" He started sobbing,"Th-they're going to find me.."  

Taehyung pouted and grabbed a key from his pocket unlocking a drawer,"Good thing this was locked." He pulled out a black gun hiding it under the drawer next to the corner of the room,"If we need it it's here." 

Jungkook sniffed rubbing his cold arms. Taehyung looked around and grabbed a beanie that was thrown on the floor,"Here... you can have this. He sat next to the feline boy wrapping his arms around him letting him sob against his now wet shirt. 

Taehyung bit his lip... for once he was being selfish in his lifetime... he was scared for his own life. "It's no good, no matter how far we run..." 

Jungkook sniffed,"I still have powers... I - I still have my shield.." Taehyung nodded as the cat like boy sat up wiping his face. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook hugging him tightly,"W-we can get out of this and maybe we can ... go out... together." Taehyung teared up if he was going to lose Kookie he might as well say it then and there,"Will you be my boyfriend?" 

Jungkook blinked not saying anything. 

Taehyung bit his lip,"N-no?" 

Jungkook pulled away from the hug gently," But I'm" He looked at Taehyung sadly taking off the black beanie showing his fluffy ears,"Even if I'm the way I am?" 

Taehyung smiled warmly caressing those fluffy ears,"It doesn't really matter." Taehyung smiled at the boy's shocked face,"Because I .. love you." Taehyung gave Jungkook a warm and tender kiss on the lips. Jungkook kissed back tears falling and staining his face as soon as he heard the front door of the house being opened,"They're here..." 

Taehyung held Jungkook tightly shivering. The boy took off the beanie placing it over the man's light brown head. 

The bedroom door opened a group of men clothed in dark farbic all holding guns with special helmets. Namjoon and Jin were at the back with suits instead of lab coats. Namjoon blinked,"Jungkook turned Taehyung?" 

Jin hummed,"We don't know if Taehyung is one." 

Namjoon scoffed,"The fact that the guy is wearing a hat is proof enough." 

Namjoon looked towards the men as Jungkook and Taehyung hugged eachother tightly,"Fire!" 

Jungkook looked back glaring with his brown eyes creating a shield watching as the bullets bounce off it. "It's okay." He told Taehyung. Taehyung looked up as Jungkook moved the bed and drawers and closets in the room in front of him like a barrier. "We're going to be okay." Jungkook smiled. 

Namjoon frowned talking in his walkie talkie,"Aim from the side." 

Jungkook was so concentrated on neutralising the bullets that he hadn't realised a gunman crawling in the window on the side of Taehyung's room aiming for Jungkook's head. 

Taehyung turned around hearing a click,"No!" He dove in front of Jungkook, before the bullet went into his body giving one last breathe before falling to the ground looking to the side lifelessly blood sprawling out from underneath. 

Jungkook's eyes widened and screams grabbing the man's body,"Hang in th-there!" He shook the vet's body,"I- I will save you." 

A bullet was shot only passing Jungkook's cheek making a slightly long cut. Namjoon spoke,"The outside world is no place for you to live." 

Jungkook turned around in anger,"You guys weren't after him! You were after me!" 

Namjoon smirked,"Give it up, there's no place for you to ru-" Namjoon blinked seeing that Taehyung's limp body had no ears. 

Jungkook's eyes were pink with tears,"He had nothing to do with me, please.... save him." 

Namjoon hummed,"Let's make a deal. If you come with us quietly... I'll save his life. " 

Jungkook looked back at Taehyung's bloody body,"...You promise?" He sobbed hugging the body tight like a teddy bear. 

Namjoon smirked,"I promise." 

Jungkook sat against the wall pulling Taehyung's body on his lap, giving Namjoon and the gunmen a broken smile. "Such.." He ran his hand from behind his tail pulling out the gun pressing it to his head,"A liar." 

It was 2 seconds of so much pain... Jungkook wanted to scream but before he knew it his hand felt numb and he felt like he just wanted to sleep.... All he could hear was the screaming of the two horrible scientists and Taehyung's body in his arms. 

The two stayed in that position, limp and lifeless yet expressing all the love they had for eachother in such a short amount of time. 

Neither of them were used to love and warmth. They were new to it. Both of them. 

Life and death had nothing to do with it. 

They needed eachother....