Chapter 3

Love With Paws

Cookie's eyes fluttered open at a bright light and turned around, surprised to see Taehyung sitting down his face in his hands,"Nyu" He whispered out worriedly. Taehyung looked up instantly showing his pink puffed eyes,"Cookie? Oh my gosh Cookie" the older man smiled and hugged the kitten boy tightly. "Oh thank god." 

Cookie smiled at Taehyung's voice, hmm he seems to be happy, he thought looking around the room. He was surrounded by blue curtains and his arm had a weird tube attached to it... like a needle in his skin. Cookie whimpered scared at the sight,"N-nyu ... nyuuu" He shook his head squirming in the bed. "Cookie no! Calm down it's supposed to help you," Taehyung said holding the scared boy in his arms,"You're okay now." The younger stop squirming as soon as he felt Taehyung's strong, warm arms around him. The kitten's ears drooped down to look up at Taehyung and sort of leaned his face, Taehyung looked back at the kitten's brown eyes and cupped his cheek gently still about a cm from his lips. 

"Well everything seems to be in order." The cheerful doctor walked by, just when Taehyung pulled away quickly. 

Taehyung smiled," Really? Then he can be discharged later today, Dr NamJoon?" 

The doctor hummed,"Sir... you do realise that the patient isn't well... shall we say.. exactly human?"

Taehyung frowned,"I've lived with this being for a while, I can take care of him." 

Namjoon sighed,"Sir, I'm a part of an organisation and I think it'd be wise to experiment on this well.. hybrid." He raised an eyebrow,"Of course since you found this thing first, our institute is willing to pay yo-" 

Taehyung gritted his teeth,"He's not a hybrid or a thing, his name is Cookie. I don't want your filthy money" He threw a protective arm around Cookie,"Come on Cookie we're leaving." 

As soon as Taehyung turned his back to undo Cookie's nurse tubes, he felt a jab in his arm as his eyesight turned blury hearing a faint,"You could be useful too..." 

_________________

Taehyung blinked as a bright light hit his face. Having looked around everything was spinning and all he could do was squint, he tasted drool... was this all just a stupid nightmare? As soon as his eye sight cleared up... the elder really wished it was a nightmare. Surrounding him was one big white and grey room with a long panel mirror on the side. "What the hell?" He breathed. He turned around seeing Cookie strapped to a wall with a small towel covering his lower region," Cookie!" He smiled relieved but bumped into a glass wall as soon as he started running after the kitten."DAMNIT" He cursed. 

"Hello testing 123" A voice boomed, the sound surrounding the whole room before Taehyung notice there was also a TV in his side of the room, and sure enough Dr Namjoon's face was on it. "Hello sir, we decided to bring you into the experiment to see what this animal associates affection with." 

"You f**king as*! " Taehyung glared. The man merely chuckled and shook his head,"Anyways from skin testing, we realised this creature's  skin can actually heal, so we're going to experiment what happens if he gets shot." 

Taehyung blinked, the words piercing into his heart,"What?! Are you f**king crazy?! Even if he's a hybrid he's young !" 

Namjoon shook his head,"My assumptions are never wrong. Fire" 

A white tile sank down swapping with a big cylinder machine that looked like the barrel of a gun, Taehyung kept attempting to kick, shove even bite the glass wall down but it was no use. 

Cookie squirmed in his helpless state and whimpered looking at Taehyung with betrayed eyes, why wasn't he helping? can't he see that Cookie is in trouble? ... Cookie's ears drooped forward as his eyes started b with tears."N-nyu" He whimpered out as what seemed like 20 bullets shot at once. Taehyung closed his eyes shutting them tight hearing Cookie's cry.

"Amazing.." Namjoon nodded from the other side of observance. 

Taehyung opened his eyes slowly only to see the bullets on the floor and Cookie panting unhurt. 

Namjoon spoke,"Again." 

Taehyung watched the process this time, once the bullets were fired, Taehyung saw the kitten boy looking down closing his eyes, and it was like the boy's tail had a life of it's own made out of metal as it batted away all the bullets at once, Cookie was literally bulletproof. 

Taehyung smiled, maybe now they can leave,"Good job Cookie~!" He knocked on the glass door, Taehyung stopped cheering as soon as Cookie looked up at him. ...He didn't have those warm kitten eyes anymore... instead, Cookie was giving him a cold glare. Sighing, Cookie blew his fringe up huffing and stared at the TV from his side,"Why the am I back here?" he growled. Taehyung's jaw dropped... he spoke.

Namjoon chuckled,"Nice to see you too Jungkook." 

Jungkook hissed still having his cat characteristics and glared at Taehyung again,"And you, I trusted you."  

Taehyung frowned,"I can't get through ..." He jumped against the glass to prove that there was a wall stopping him. 

"I mean taking me to the hospital!" Jungkook cried,"I wanted to be free of this place.." 

Namjoon sighed,"Well it's nice to want things Kookie."  

Taehyung could already feel tears running down his cheeks,"Cookie, you were hurt, you wouldn't wake up I didn't want to lose you." 

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung seemingly analysing his face,"Why?" He whispered. 

Namjoon cleared his throat," Anyway, Jungkook you'll have to cooperate with us this time ne? No more killing our collegues if you will." 

Jungkook growled," NEVER" 

The elder scientist held up a necklace,"If my heart rate stops aka, if you kill me or Dr Min or Dr Jin, his room," Points to the side where Taehyung is in,"Will explode without fault." 

Jungkook's heart dropped, "Wh-why do you expect me to care?!" He yelled trying to keep his act up. 

Namjoon chuckled and his face shut off from the TV and changed to security cameras, "Would this refresh your memory?" 

Scenes played of Jungkook defending Taehyung from Jimin, Jungkook staring at Taehyung's face evidently while he was cooking and last but not least the hospital moment at which it stopped when they pulled away. The scientist smirked,"Someone by the name of Jimin informed us of a strange cat creature living in his emplyoyee's home, we instantly had people set up cameras wherever Taehyung went." 

Taehyung frowned as he felt a pang of guilt hit his chest, Cookie... he could've just led Jimin away, he could've sent Cookie somewhere else, not under the table.. 

Jungkook sighed frustratingly,"Two things... they don't involve killing..." 

Namjoon squinted suspiciously but came back on camera,"Speak."

"You let him go," Junkook nudges his head towards Taehyung,"And you let him visit me ...everyday even if it's just for a second... fair?" 

Namjoon chuckled at the ending cheesiness,"Ne ne if you'll cooperate that could be arranged." 

Jungkook nodded his head slowly. Taehyung frowned, "No no, Cookie look at me, just do what you do and kill them, don't worry about me." Jungkook's cat ears perked up and looked at Taehyung weirdly. 

Taehyung frowned as he was being dragged out," Get off me, Cookie please, they're going to hurt you. I don't want them t- " 

"so damn loud." The security guard said, having worked a massage to make Taehyung sleep and dragged him out. 

Jungkook breathed out relieved, knowing there was a bomb where Taehyung was made him feel uneasy. 

"Hmmm how does machine guns sound Kookie?" Namjoon chuckled.

Jungkook sighed,"Painful." He said glumly as he saw the gun machine sink down the tile and switched out for a machine gun. 

Jungkook's black furry tail got ready right before that deadly word...

"Fire"