Chapter 4

Love With Paws

Taehyung blinked out of sleep hearing a weird panting noise above him as he felt repeatedly pushed against his back. "Taehyung! For kitten's sake wake up!". 

Taehyung jolted up looking at a shadowy figure stance contrasting the moon lighting down through the window, the sleep man sighed relieved seeing the silhouette with ears and a tail. "Jungkook , you scared me... Wait, why aren't you at that lab?" 

Jungkook was panting, beads of sweat running down his hair and ... body now wearing no lower region towel. "Ran." He panted trying to catch his breath,"away" 

"You what?!" Taehyung exclaimed flicking on the lamp on his wooden bed night table, Jungkook now coming into focus," Holy Jungkook! " Taehyung almost fell off the bed when the "sweat" came into focus as crimson red blood. 

Jungkook looked down in shame,"I couldn't let them keep me in there.. I had to ensure your safety first to make my escape, but Taehyung they're gonna search here first, we have to go." Jungkook tugged on Taehyung's white pj shirt. 

Taehyung frowned,"Jungkook..." The elder didn't know what to do, it's not that he didn't like the cute feline creature, but... he also had his mum to think about. If he didn't work or skipped... he'd get fired.. that means no money, which means his beloved mother dies from lack of therapy... "I can't just go with you ..." 

A lump formed in Jungkook's throat, "Taehyung you'll die too if they find you here. They'll kill you to get to me and then neither of us lives!"  

"Jungkook I- " 

"You stupid human!" Jungkook hisses carrying Taehyung off the bed and out the window landing on squatted feet hissing at the pain of his arm wounds,"Do you know anywhere safe?" 

Taehyung didn't expect Jungkook using "human" so lightly,"U-uh I have a treehouse near the river." 

"Perfect, water will block out their analysing charts." Jungkook smirked and set Taehyung down to the grass before the elder grabbed his hand, pulling him into a run. 

_ - _ - _

 

As soon as they got to the treehouse Jungkook fell on a heap against the floor panting heavily his face showing pain. "Jungkook... we should treat those.." Taehyung suggested, pointing to the gnarly scratches. 

"Damn Namjoon and all his bitc*es," Jungkook spat out,"Building new bullets won't help them if I can dodge them. 

"It looks like they got you a bit though.." 

"Shut up." Jungkook sat up against the wooden wall gripping his wounded arm close to his chest. 

Taehyung blinked and opened what seemed to be a trap door and pulled out a kit. "Come here." 

Jungkook huffed,"What kind of doctor are you, do you tell all your handicapped patients to walk to you?" 

Rolling his eyes, the slightly annoyed vet shuffled next to Jungkook and lifted up his arm dabbing the towel on it, wiping the blood away first. Jungkook just looked down at his arm with his brown eyes. 

"Jungkook.." Taehyung started, wanting to make conversation.

"Kookie...J-just call me Kookie." Jungkook gave a small smile.

"Right, Kookie...c-can I know.., why you are um well-" 

"Why I look like a human have features of a kitten and have deathlike capabilities as that of a serial killer?" Jungkook spoke glumly. 

Taehyung blinked," Well I didn't know that last part..." 

Jungkook sighed,"I'm an experiment gone right to wrong... yet right." 

Taehyung looked up at Kookie confused as a goldfish.

"...My dad was a scientist if you must know...when I was a kid one of his experiment tubes dripped something into a cut I had from playing outside and before I knew it I had ears and a tail the next morning." 

Taehyung nodded understandably as he started wrapping a bandage around Jungkook's arm. Jungkook looked at him weirdly,"Well aren't you fascinated." 

Taehyung paused,"I am it's just that.. well if it happened like that... why is Namjoon so interested in testing you, he could just test the actual chemical that caused you to have this wouldn't he?" 

Jungkook huffed," He did... the lab tested 45 subjects with the same chemical... all of them responded ... "Jungkook swallowed thickly,"Negatively." 

Taehyung's eyes widened," They died?" 

Jungkook sighed,"Compared to the present alternative... I think that would've been the better outcome." 

"Then what happened?" 

"This." Jungkook looked at a branch and eyed it towards him as he blinked and the wooden twig snapped in half. 

Taehyung watched in awe as the wood broke in perfect half in the air dropping to the bottom of the grass surface. "Aren't new abilities... expected?" 

"You've heard about recent mysterious killings haven't you?" 

Taehyung blinked never having paid attention before now,"Well I've read about it." 

"That's them...they all have an instinct to kill, innocent or not. However I use my powers from my own will. Namjoon wanted to see what made me so special, he also wanted to check if my abilities were any different." Jungkook growled,"That son of a b*tch ruined my life!" 

"Did he hurt you?" 

Jungkook glared at Taehyung moving his arm away placing it onto his lap,"Imagine being a ten year old, strapped onto a wall and then having to defend yourself from bullets, arrows, and create a shield when you didn't even know how to when they set off a bomb...Imagine the paranoia that set in.. that  you couldn't even go back to school without being scared of someone holding up scissors. Imagine having everyone mocking you just because you have kitten ears calling you the devil and whatnot," Jungkook paused to sniff as tears rolled down his cheeks,"Imagine having everything you need in a childhood, joy, laughter, warmth, love, taken away from you.." Jungkook's tail wavered as it moved wiping off his wet eyes for him. 

Taehyung frowned as tears brimmed his saddened eyes as well. 

"YOU KNOW WHO ISN'T HUMAN PEOPLE LIKE THE- " Jungkook's eyes widened as he felt a pair of hands lift up his face feeling plump and warm lips settle on his. Taehyung wrapped his arms around the feline boy pulling him close to his body, he can tell Jungkook's eyes are startled, a hum of surprise escaping the boy's lips. 

The two guys pulled away, Taehyung still frowning at Jungkook's tear stained face. Jungkook blinked wiping his face as he started out the tree house before the elder pulled him back hugging him from behind."Don't go..." 

"I can't do this Taehyung.." 

"I can't let you go knowing you might get hurt..." Taehyung squeezes his grip, "There's already too much in my life that I regret." He whispered breaking down in sobs himself. 

"Tae-"

"I love that cute little kitten I met at the beach... I loved making him stuff that he liked to eat, I loved taking care of him." Taehyung cries softly into Jungkook's bloody shoulder. 

"Taehyung" Jungkook hides his face in the elder man's arm that is holding him. 

The two stayed in that position, crying all the hurt and pain they had been holding until the point that they met eachother. 

Neither of them were used to love and warmth, they're new to it. Both of them. 

Species has nothing to do with it.

They needed eachother.