Chapter 1

I like you

Sujeong's POV

I saw him. Walking with a girl. The girls is a popular girl in school. Everyone calls her a goddess because she is beautiful, smart, talented. I know this feelings. It is sadness, anger and jealousy. I think he deserve the girl. Why? He is our heartthrob. Everyone like him. Great personality, can sing, good looking. I mean who would hate him? I'm just his friend. I don't know now. I don't understand his action. Sometime he tease me. Sometime he help me. Sometime he did something that made my heart beating so fast. I hate him. Why did he do that to my feelings? Is he playing with my emotion? I have to get over him.

 

"Sujeong unnie, Taehyung oppa and Jimin oppa are waiting. Palli." Yein said

"Arasso."

 

"Hi Taehyung." I said coldly. No smile on my face. Just blank face.

"Hi Jeongie~" He side hug me. There he go again. Making me feel different. 

"Are you wearing make up?"

"No."

"You look ugly." See! He tease me. Mixed feelings people. Mixed.

 

As soon as we at school, I quickly go to my locker. To avoid him. That is the step 1. After I take things, I run to my class. I didn't look where I was going. I bump into someone. Who is he? Is he new? Damn, My books are everywhere. I reach for my books. So does the boy.

 

"Mianhe. I didn't look where I'm going."

"It's okay. Umm Where is Class 2-A?"

"2-A? That is the same as my class. Follow me." I smile at him.

 

"I'm Ryu Sujeong. What is your name?"

"Hyuk. Han Sanghyuk."

"I suppose you are 18 years old. I'm 17 by the way."

"You skip a grade."

"What can I say. I'm smart." 

"You're cute."

"Thanks. Here we are." gesturing to our class.

 

Again, I see Taehyung smiling, laughing and talking with other girls. I mean GIRLS, a lot. Like 3 or 4 girls. Jealousy? I shake my head.

 

"Anyway, there is 4 empty seats behind there." I take a seat. Not next to Taehyung as usual, but behind and far from him. Near the window. I look far at the window untill someone snapped me.

 

"Are you perhaps...sad or something?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"You spaced out."

"TEACHER IS COMING!!" The class rep shout.

 

Everyone walk to their seat. Meanwhile Taehyung is getting himself ready. Does he even notice that I'm not sitting beside him? No? Okay. 

 

"Class. Attention. Good morning Ms. Park." We bowed.

"Okay kids, you have 2 new students. Come and introduce yourself."

 

"Annyeong. My name is Han Sanghyuk. Nice to meet you. Hope that we'll get along well."

"Now where is Su-"

"Annyeong! Am I late? I'm lost."

"Yes. Now come in and introduce yourself."

"Oh. Annyeong. Yook Sungjae imnida." He take a seat next to Hyuk. 

 

It's Mathematics. Good thing that I understand most of it. Some students look confused. I mean would you understand these numbers and letters?

(do you want me to give you math questions? No? I know.)

 

RIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!

 

School bell rings. 4 periods end like that. It's lunch. Usually Taehyung would put his around my shoulders and follow me to the cafeteria. However, this time he totally forget about me. I eat at the rooftop since it is nice there. So is the view. The rooftop is where I clear my mind. 

 

I plug in my earphone. Sad songs helps me calm down. I need some songs that make me happy. Hip hop? Pop? Jazz?<--don't ask.

 

Oh this song is nice. I want to dance and sing along with it. 

 

(BESTie- Thank you very much)(Song with lyrics that are filled with sarcasm)

 

"Nice singing and dancing."

"Who said that?" I look around with my I-am-ready-to-hit-you pose.

"Calm down. It's me. Hyuk."

"And me, Sungjae!" The other guy beam.

"Oh, just you guys." I smile.

 

"You didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

"The are you perhaps sad or something."

"Yeah...well, there is this one boy in our class. Sometime he treat me nice, sometime he tease me. He always make me feel something.."

"Go on." Sungjae continue to eat.

"..but today he didn't even notice I'm in class."

"You mean the boy with 3 girls around him earlier? No wonder you froze."

"There was once he ask me: If I fall for you, would you fall for me? I said: What? and he replied: What?"

 

Taehyung's POV

What happen to the usual happy Sujeong? She even greet me without looking at me. She didn't even sit next to me. She didn't even eat lunch with me nor her friends. She ignore me. I ask Jin (Lovelyz not Seokjin BTS) where she is but she just shrug. I snap my fingers.

 

"Hyung why are you??"

"I got to go." 

 

I bring my lunch with me. I think I know where she is. At her usual place, the rooftop. As expected, she is at the rooftop. There's 2 guys with her. She is laughing happily. She even punch one guy on his arm playfully. She never did that to me. The 2 guys are new. How can they got close fast? Without me knowing, I clench my hand into a fist. I'm sad you know. She is like my sunshine. 

 

Days has gone, me and Sujeong's gap are getting further. She start to hangout with the boys more. Everytime we meet, she would look away. Sometime I spot her going back home with the boys. We live in apartment so it's logic that we live in a same building.

 

"Kids, I'll give you a project. You have to peform it. 4 person in each group."

"Peform?"

"Yes. Sing the song. The winner will have to peform onstage for the Prom Night this year."

"Waaah!"

"Your grouo has been devided. Look at this paper to know which group you're in. Okay. Goodbye." She stick it on the blackboard.

 

3rd group.

1  Yook Sung Jae

2  Ryu Su Jeong

3  Han Sang Hyuk

4  Kim Tae Hyung

 

I'm in the same group as her. Now is my chance to get her back. I'll have you again Sujeong.